Deleted

Laptop and external monitor, how will my microphone work?

Basically bought an asus monitor to plug in with my laptop(which i no longer use as a screen).

Apparently the sounds won't work on the laptop anymore and I have to put my headphones on the jack in the external monitor.

But what about a mic? I'll buy a dedicated mic soon and the asus monitor doesnt have a port for that, and I'm not sure my laptop will accept the mic since it didn't work with the headphones after I turned off the screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    The laptops speakers and headphone jack are more then likely no longer set as the default playback device. Either way that shouldn't effect the default recording device weather it's a 3.5mm jack or usb.
    Last edited by lockblock; 2014-11-10 at 06:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    Basically bought an asus monitor to plug in with my laptop(which i no longer use as a screen).

Apparently the sounds won't work on the laptop anymore and I have to put my headphones on the jack in the external monitor.
    Sounds like you connected it with an HDMI cable. Unlike DVI, VGA, displayport, etc. HDMI carries both video and audio.

Find the volume thing in your taskbar, right-click it, and select "playback devices", then select "speakers".

That will make it work as it did before and you'll just plug your headphones and microphone into the jacks on the laptop.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    oh, that simple? well thats good to know lol.