Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love this.

Deleted
    yeh the tracer ones awesome, they will certainly be making more merch

I still say a Bastion figure than can transform into Siege and Tank configurations would be awesome as hell...
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    http://gear.blizzard.com/index.php/d...er-statue.html

Already happened (just Tracer for now though).
    If only it wasn't $150 plus shipping to my podunk country...

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    Even if they don't officially make figures, I imagine that once the game comes out, there'll be someone who somehow will figure a way to take the ingame models and adapt them into 3D-printable things.
    Hmm, I wonder what kind of figurines are already available on 3d printers... might actually tempt me to buy one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    If only it wasn't $150 plus shipping to my podunk country...

Hmm, I wonder what kind of figurines are already available on 3d printers... might actually tempt me to buy one.
    One of my guildmates is attempting to 3D-print a mechanostrider. It's tricky, because some of the details that work fine with the in-game model are not so workable with real materials, due to issues involving part thickness, structural fragility, and balance/weight-distribution. Careful disassembly and reshaping of the model to be compatible with the printer's software and real-life physics is taking forever.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."

Deleted
    No thanks. Just a waste of money.

One of my guildmates is attempting to 3D-print a mechanostrider. It's tricky, because some of the details that work fine with the in-game model are not so workable with real materials, due to issues involving part thickness, structural fragility, and balance/weight-distribution. Careful disassembly and reshaping of the model to be compatible with the printer's software and real-life physics is taking forever.
    That's awesome!

But yeah, those things are walking on toothpicks! I guess you'd have to really work at a lot of areas to make it realistic but still keep that iconic look.

Is it a regular style strider or the suped-up Swift Strider model?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    That's awesome!

But yeah, those things are walking on toothpicks! I guess you'd have to really work at a lot of areas to make it realistic but still keep that iconic look.

Is it a regular style strider or the suped-up Swift Strider model?
    The swift one. It's the fins and wings that are so tricky, because the in-game model for those parts is practically 2-dimensional, which simply just isn't feasible for his printing methods. That's the hangup, not centering the weight on the slender legs.

The swift one. It's the fins and wings that are so tricky, because the in-game model for those parts is practically 2-dimensional, which simply just isn't feasible for his printing methods. That's the hangup, not centering the weight on the slender legs.
    Oh really? I would've thought the legs would be the biggest problem. Can't he just plump up the wings?

I think they should expand on the trailer and make a movie.