Thread: Ranked Season 4

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Ranked Season 4

Hey MMO-C.
    With ranked season 4 coming to an end, I was thinking about how my first real season of ranked did for me and thought it would be a nice idea to ask also how your ranked season 4 come out. Something in the lines of end of season 3 with expectations of season 4, how did it go, the ups and downs and what are your expectations of season 5?

Well, since i'm opening this thread, i'll start:
    Like I said, this was my first real season I played. Season 3 was too short for me, did my placement matches in the last 4 weeks and got silver 4, dropped after some games to silver 5 and stopped playing wanted to have a fresh start with season 4.
    I didn't really expected anything frome the season, didn't really know what I was capable of to play a whole season and felt like if could reach silver again, i'm statisfied.
    After placement matches I ended up with Bronze 3. Heads up and let's get the grind going, did well in the beginning and reached Bronze 2, but after a big losing streak in a weekend I dropped down to Bronze 5. I felt a bit disappointed and took a break from ranked for a week or 2 and did some intensive i-net browsing how to improve. Picked up playng ranked again and really focused on my own gameplay, always looking for things to improve, even if i did won a game and I'm still trying to do so.
    Weeks went by and after 531 games with 274 games won, I ended with Silver 2. I'm a bit sour i didn't get Gold, but I'm still proud of myself. Got still things to improve on, especially my jungle skills.

Which brings me to the expectations for Season 5:
    I wanna go for gold now next season. I also wanna improve my jungleskills and i feel this season with a big revamp to the jungle is the ideal season to get things improved.
    I hope my expectations will succeed next season as they did for this one.

TL DR; Tell me how your season 4 went

10+ Year Old Account
    I ended where I started, Silver 2. Kinda meh, but whatever. I didn't take it serious enough at times and I might have gotten Gold, but the summer burnout was strong. Probably try for Gold in the pre-season so I can hopefully place out of Silver when the season starts.

10+ Year Old Account
    4-1 placement matches, last match being a 5/0/13 jungle Nocturne with most gold in game winning through a 23 minute surrender.

Haven't really had the time to play and it shows.

ima push for gold, stayed around midlevel silver all season. due to either afks or leavers. so never got above silver iv

Deleted
    Ended provisional in Silver I, promoted to Gold V about a week later. Did only 1 or 2 games in that week per day, and most of them Normal, then on saturday I spammed Ranked with a friend in Gold IV, after my first promo game my friend got his promo, we then lost the first and won 2 after. We both promoted at the same time I went to Gold V, he went to Gold III.

For S5 I kinda expect Riot to absolutely fuck up the jungle, making 1 or 2 Champs completely broken as junglers (looking at Lee (nothing new), Shaco). It will then take them forever to balance it back to a normal level, which is when I will start doing ranked...... Probably somewhere halfway through the season.

I started at the end of season 3, playing my first placement matches in the preseason and I ended up in silver 3. I was happy with the result, can't remember how it went.

Come season 4, I totally mess up placements and go 2-8, ended up in bronze 2. I didn't worry about it too much, I knew I would eventually climb out if I just play the game and keep improving. My games are like 95% of normals where I practise champs and the rest 5% are rankeds. I climbed back to silver without even having to play promotion games between bronze 1 and silver 5. I climbed a few tiers ending up in silver 2 and then playing only normals for months, only playing the mandatory rankeds not to get decayed. I thought I was where I was supposed to be skill-wise.

Then we put up this ranked 5's team with a group of friends, and we climbed up in gold 2 before we stopped because we were facing these teams that had soloque players ranked from diamond 3 to challenger, highlight was facing a team that was ranked #46 in the ranked ladder. Really destroyed the morale of the team. All others players in my team were plat-diamond, and me sitting in silver 2 made it funny, but I did good and I started noticing that I am able to win lane even against diamond players. We stopped playing the ranked 5's eventually, but the idea of playing more soloque started to itch in my head.

This august I moved to a new apartment with 2 friends from the ranked 5's team, and one of them who is plat himself managed to get me to duoque with him. I got to gold with no problem really, I found the laning in the bit higher mmr than my own really easy and getting to gold was a breeze, then we kept playing rankeds like once a week, 3-4 games per day. Eventually I got to gold 1 but then I took some kind of a break for some reason, and then last week I got this burst and played 4 rankeds all by myself, won all and hit platinum promos. Played 4 of them yesterday alone, going 2-2 and decided to leave the last game for today.

I come home from school, we duoque with my roommate, and we win the game like I told in the good game - thread, and I hit platinum. I'm really happy, I feel like all the practising in normal games really paid off, I got my main role (top) almost every time and I got to do my thing with the 3 best champs that I can play and have spammed in normals (Gnar, Irelia, Ryze with some Maokai & Mundo in the mix). Can't wait for next season, aiming for atleast diamond and using this spare time in the preseason playing warlords of draenor and practising more in normals.
    Last edited by Avutu; 2014-11-10 at 09:04 PM.

My only goal for the whole season was to get gold, and i got there in like 2 or 3 weeks. Basicly just played on and off after that, sometimes like 5-10 games a week, and sometimes 3 games in 3 months. I ended up in gold 3, which im happy with. Could have probably gotten into plat if i had really tried, but i kinda lost the "passion" for the game midway through the season, and the fact that i started raiding in wow again.

If i'm gonna play seriously next season, i'll aim for plat. Not sure how likely i am to seriously ranked climb though, since the new wow expansion is coming out.

Season 4 went okay.

Started off Gold 5 from the end of Season 3 and climbed up to Plat 2/Plat 1 in the first month or two. Stopped playing all that often after several win streaks into Plat 1 and then loss streaks into Plat 2. Played the monthly game to prevent decay and finished the season in Plat 2. Probably should've grinded properly for Diamond, but ah well. Each season has been as follows, so I spose Diamond will be the next one:

Season 1: Unranked, played the odd ranked here and there but probably would've been about Bronze.
    Season 2: ~Silver 1, think I was like 1480 elo but couldn't get above 1500.
    Season 3: Gold 5
    Season 4: Plat 2

10+ Year Old Account
    I expect at least Diamond 1/Master next season.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Season 4 went pretty well. I started off in gold from placements (I think, that was awhile ago) and worked my way up to plat pretty easily. Stopped playing for a month or so then came back when the top lane meta stopped sucking as much. Slowly worked my way up to diamond promos and lost 2 of them and tilted to plat II. Got really mad, uninstalled the game then came back in a week or so and worked back up to diamond.

My goal was diamond and I made it, so things went well. For reference, season 2 was gold, season 3 was plat and now i've got diamond in season 4. I guess I'm aiming for master next season, but that seems like a lot of work.

S1: Didnt play
    S2: Didnt play
    S3: Silver I
    S4: Platinum V

So I'm happy with the progress I been making. Goal next season isnt necessarily to rank higher but to not suck at adc/top and get a wider variety of champions I can play at a level im comfortable with. Spamming evelynn/ziggs is effective but I want more good choices

S1: Didnt do ranked
    S2: Silver
    S3: Plat v
    S4: Diamond V

Im fine with that, I got to Diamond earlier with a friend, he got injured, I dropped out due to inactivity, got it again quickly. Our 3s team just got Gold because 3s is weird and our 5s team got to Silver 1 before ranked was disabled this evening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Season 3 I got from bronze 5 to bronze 2 with ~50LP. I should've got silver because my winrate was around 120/107 and everyone I played with was more like 70/90. I just didn't play enough games I needed about 20 wins to get to silver.

Season 4 I went 3-7 in placements and landed back in bronze 3. Stopped building tanky Vi which doesn't work in bronzeand went back to damage Vi. Skipped from bronze 3 series to bronze 1. Got to series went 0-2 then came back 3-2 into silver 5. Played one more with my bro we barely won so I retired for this year silver 5. Where I knew I always belonged.

Deleted
    S3: Was my first season, I think I started playing ranked with 1½ month to S4. I ended up in Silver 1 or 2.
    S4: Gold 5. I dropped from Gold 3 to 5 after not playing much in a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good. Dropped our 3v3 team from plat to bronze due to inactivity, dropped solo from gold to bronze due to inactivity, dropped our 5v5 to bronze due to inactivity. God damn you normal games!
    Got back into gold everywhere except 5v5 tho, so it was kinda "meh" for me. A lot of changes that were really sweet, looks into next season, etc

- - - Updated - - -

Plans for next season is MAIN THE FUCK OUT OF TARIC TO THE HIGH PLAT. Also Soraka. And Twitch. And Veigar. Damn, so many champions to play
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I was Silver V after my promotionals and almost hit Silver IV, but didn't quiet get there. Ended up getting demoted to Bronze I from inactivity (though I played a game during the period that said it'd stop me from getting demoted and it didn't do anything). Kind of erked me since I just wanted to hit Silver. Ended up grinding a little today with a friend and I am in my promo's to Silver V right now. 1 and 1 though... Had a feeder in my second game feed a Lucian then quit.

Anyway... no I didn't meet my goals. I wanted to be Silver at the end and it doesn't look like that will happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    Season 4 went pretty well. I started off in gold from placements (I think, that was awhile ago) and worked my way up to plat pretty easily. Stopped playing for a month or so then came back when the top lane meta stopped sucking as much. Slowly worked my way up to diamond promos and lost 2 of them and tilted to plat II. Got really mad, uninstalled the game then came back in a week or so and worked back up to diamond.

My goal was diamond and I made it, so things went well. For reference, season 2 was gold, season 3 was plat and now i've got diamond in season 4. I guess I'm aiming for master next season, but that seems like a lot of work.
    Diamond to Master is like Bronze to Diamond.
    Hey everyone

adapted very quickly when season 4 started starting with vision control which led me to challenger this season jungling and support became very easy since they are the roles that can vision control easily (thanks to OGN)

was aiming for top 50 but played ranked 5s because some people wanted challenger 5s

goals for next season: hopefully i can play in competitive a scene for fun and top 30 challenger

S1: leveling
    S2: 1748? just under plat or 1848 cant remember
    S3: diamond
    S4: challenger
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toph Beifong View Post
    Diamond to Master is like Bronze to Diamond.
    Ya I know. That's why it's a lot of work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    adapted very quickly when season 4 started starting with vision control which led me to challenger this season jungling and support became very easy since they are the roles that can vision control easily (thanks to OGN)

was aiming for top 50 but played ranked 5s because some people wanted challenger 5s

goals for next season: hopefully i can play in competitive a scene for fun and top 30 challenger

S1: leveling
    S2: 1748? just under plat or 1848 cant remember
    S3: diamond
    S4: challenger
    Time to get challenger on EUW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    Ya I know. That's why it's a lot of work.
    It's why I've said fuck all to ranked and am just going full practice mode to prepare. People were asking why I wasn't grinding hard and was at 76lp in Plat and not trying for Diamond. I don't care about those flashy ranked rewards, I care about being the best.
    Hey everyone