Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Which finger would you cut off?

Just for fun, let's say you've angered the wrong type of people and now they want to cut off one of your fingers. But the thing is, these guys are a little sadistic so now they're letting you choose which one you want to be cut off.

Which finger would you choose to lose? On which hand?

I feel like the middle finger on the left hand would hurt the least. (Why did you think of this?)
    Sweeter than yo mama's apple pie.

Fourth finger, non-dominant hand.

/thread

Deleted
    Little finger, right hand.

The rest I use regularly, it's the only one that just kinda hangs there doing not a whole lot other than hitting the enter key.

Quote Originally Posted by Casagrande View Post
    Fourth finger, non-dominant hand.

/thread
    But that's my tab/strafe left key.

My right hand, fourth finger however... does sweet fuck all! And yep, I'm right-handed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    All 10 of them. Yolo.
    Freak! You should only have 8!

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Freak! You should only have 8!
    wht gd dmit i lredy strted cutting them ff

15+ Year Old Account
    Ring finger, right hand. (I'm left-handed)

Pinky on dominant hand.

For everything i do in life it is the least useful. And my left one is used for computer stuff and playing different musical instruments.

I have already thought of this situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Can I choose someone else's finger?

Deleted
    I'd say my left little finger but how would I do the pinky swear then!?

Read an article about this not too long ago, about which one you should choose if this ever happened to you. Believe it or not, the article suggested the index finger because the index and middle finger are pretty much exactly the same so if you chose the index finger, the middle finger could take it's place, per se. The pinky is far more valuable for gripping things than your index, middle or ring finger which is what makes it more necessary than any of those three overall despite it's size. Try lifting something heavy or doing a pull-up without the pinky and it's...well, quite difficult. You can probably do just fine without using any one of said other fingers for those tasks, however.

Here is the link, in the unlikely event someone actually reads what I have written and gotten this far (and judging by all the people still picking the pinky, it hasn't happened yet) http://www.businessinsider.com/if-ki...crifice-2013-9

Anyways, I'd probably choose the index finger of my right (dominant) hand. I need all five of my left fingers for the keyboard, plus I need all five for playing the guitar...I can do without one on the other hand if I needed to.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2014-11-12 at 08:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    But that's my tab/strafe left key.

My right hand, fourth finger however... does sweet fuck all! And yep, I'm right-handed.
    Do you not use your 4th finger of you right hand for your mouse? 2nd finger of LMB, middle on wheel/middle button, 4th on your RMB?

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Ring finger, right hand. (I'm left-handed)
    ^ What he said!

I guess ring finger...because I don't need it for trigger buttons at all ever. Middle finger has it's usages. Oh God I could never type again though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Little finger, right hand. I use my little finger on my left hand for shift and ctrl.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

I wouldn't cut any off.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Both ring fingers. Two birds one stone.
    =P

Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Right handed here, and i'd take the pinky on my right hand. I use the left pinky a lot when working with computers and playing bass, and i actually do a lot of everyday things with my left hand, but the right pinky is just... there