Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice read, and I'll have to try out crit gems in my sockets, even though it shouldn't be that big of a difference with only two.

That said: If I have two items, one with crit and Versatility, one with haste and mastery, which would be better? Neither rolled anything bonus and I'm using EF and double beacon for now.

Deleted
    Thank you for your contribution.

I would add a note in your Enhanced Holy Shock section to use Holy Light in-between holy shocks if you get a proc because you can proc holy shock again or holy shock could proc illumination again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bouchbagette View Post
    Legendary Cloak has 83 Int and 146 secondary stats with a gem. 630 has 94 intellect and about 124 secondary stats. Int is more than double secondaries it comes out to be worth almost the same. The proc doesn't work at 100 in dungeons anymore and you also get more stamina.
    Thank you for your reply!

First, doh, I didn't know the proc didn't work. Shame on me
    Second, a leg cloak has 79 int (base) + 12 from enchant + 10 from gem + 4 from bonus, totalling 105, instead of 94. It also has 42 spirit (which my 630 cloak does not). I realize it's only a small difference, but still...
    Last edited by Tomana; 2014-11-17 at 08:25 PM.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Thank you for your reply!

First, doh, I didn't know the proc didn't work. Shame on me
    It was one of the hotfixes over the weekend.

Second, a leg cloak has 79 int (base) + 12 from enchant + 10 from gem + 4 from bonus, totalling 105, instead of 94. It also has 42 spirit (which my 630 cloak does not). I realize it's only a small difference, but still...
    Crit cloak enchant gives +100 crit, so I think the 630 cloak wins

Deleted
    What are peoples opinion on trinkets (blue ones more specifically). Right now im torn between the alchemy trinket which is insanely good for its ilvl and Ragewings firefang which gives 8% more healing on use (from versatility) and static int.

I like Crushto's Runic Alarm (static Int/Crit), but Ragewings looks pretty solid. The Versatility in this case is probably better than the haste proc trinkets.
    Guild - Twitter - 7/7M Highmaul (US#87) - 10/10M Blackrock Foundry (US#49)

Voidmender's Shadowgem is my choice for BiS blue trinkets. The alchemy trinket is good as well if you have that option.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

After doing challenge modes, I still believe mastery is a better stat, we simply do not we need haste

crit>mastery>haste
    ilvl 636
    Last edited by Royals Ego; 2014-11-20 at 03:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Royals Ego View Post
    After doing challenge modes, I still believe mastery is a better stat, we simply do not we need haste

crit>mastery>haste
    ilvl 636
    Mastery > Haste with EF
    Haste > Mastery for SS

It depends what talents you're using.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    Voidmender's Shadowgem is my choice for BiS blue trinkets. The alchemy trinket is good as well if you have that option.
    The alchemy trinket is better than this trinket on every single fight in the game and besides the mastery on use + spirit trinket is way better than the crit one since proc/on use crit is really weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    I like Crushto's Runic Alarm (static Int/Crit), but Ragewings looks pretty solid. The Versatility in this case is probably better than the haste proc trinkets.
    i've been using crushto's (i agree super OP) and the feather (haste/spirit).

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    The alchemy trinket is better than this trinket on every single fight in the game and besides the mastery on use + spirit trinket is way better than the crit one since proc/on use crit is really weak.
    I meant if you didn't have access to the alch trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    Mastery > Haste with EF
    Haste > Mastery for SS

It depends what talents you're using.
    Ah, I guess that explains it, I use EF.

Do you mind explaining why haste is better for SS?

Deleted
    I would assume that SS, being a shield already, doesn't proc the mastery shields, but the EF hot does again now.

Quote Originally Posted by wildeabandon View Post
    I would assume that SS, being a shield already, doesn't proc the mastery shields, but the EF hot does again now.
    This.

/10char

Deleted
    Somewhere in your blog you quoted a site for an explanation on the crit capping. The site also mentioned some glyph math, in which they said that glyph of illumination is very good mana wise:
    Illumination: Here, I’ll assume a 60% average critical strike rate (double 30% crit) and 1 holy shock per 6 seconds. Note that good avenging wrath usage can raise this, since it boosts both your crit and haste. You will also lose 5% of your base regen, which is 0.05*3200 MP5.

You gain 1,600 mana * 0.6 / 60 seconds = 800 MP5, and lose 0.05*3200 = 160 MP5. This works out to an effective 640 MP5 with no downside at all.
    source: intplate (can't post link as I dont have enough posts, but you can find link on Bouch' blog)

It is a blog from july though, so I guess some information might be outdated.
    So is this glyph still a valid option, especially in beginning of 5mans.

This glyph has been removed.

Deleted
    Is anyone still using EF? Because right now, its plain Bad. The HOT is ticking for nothing immo. Sacred Shield or selfless Healer seems a much better option.

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    Is anyone still using EF? Because right now, its plain Bad. The HOT is ticking for nothing immo. Sacred Shield or selfless Healer seems a much better option.
    I completely agree with you, I have tried Selfless Healer but its so damn clunky and the SS doesn't feel like its doing anything. I have been healing on my pally since Wrath but maybe its time to swap to my MW or RShaman.