Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    100% or doing it wrong.

gg
    Most pally healers are still doing it wrong apparently rofl...its not hard dude.... double beacon/throw 3 charge EF on tank and DPS..Holy Shock on every CD/proc Holy light/spam you will do 20k+ HPS...don't sit there and try to HR/LoD- AoE heal shit to death/blow through mana rofl....when HR/Lod is pretty shitty right now anyways.... Screw Mastery etc Crit/Haste will be your best friend etc xD
    Last edited by JR88; 2015-01-21 at 04:11 PM.
    8320 4.8ghz/H60
    Asrock 970 Killer
    oced gskill 2000mhz
    WD Blue
    Gigabyte R9 270
    EVGA 600B PSU

Quote Originally Posted by JR88 View Post
    Most pally healers are still doing it wrong apparently rofl...its not hard dude.... double beacon/throw 3 charge EF on tank and DPS..Holy Shock on every CD/proc Holy light/spam you will do 20k+ HPS...don't sit there and HR/LoD- AoE heal shit to death/blow through mana rofl....
    That post was from 50 days ago, he's probably figured it out by now.
    Guild - Twitter - 7/7M Highmaul (US#87) - 10/10M Blackrock Foundry (US#49)

Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    That post was from 50 days ago, he's probably figured it out by now.
    I hope lol....no but seriously still see bunch just trying to AOE Spam HR/LoD shit too much then wonder why their HPS is shit rofl

I was guilty of it too at one point I admit way too much mastery and inclined to want to AoE everything rofl But I corrected/figured it out xD
    Last edited by JR88; 2015-01-21 at 04:20 PM.
    8320 4.8ghz/H60
    Asrock 970 Killer
    oced gskill 2000mhz
    WD Blue
    Gigabyte R9 270
    EVGA 600B PSU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JR88 View Post
    Most pally healers are still doing it wrong apparently rofl...its not hard dude.... double beacon/throw 3 charge EF on tank and DPS..Holy Shock on every CD/proc Holy light/spam you will do 20k+ HPS...don't sit there and try to HR/LoD- AoE heal shit to death/blow through mana rofl....when HR/Lod is pretty shitty right now anyways.... Screw Mastery etc Crit/Haste will be your best friend etc xD
    That comment was made in jest in response to someone asking if they had to follow the guide 100%. You'll never follow a guide 100%, because its healing and shit doesn't always go by the book so you'll have to make adjustments. Don't know why you are going on about that other stuff.
    Last edited by Freia; 2015-01-21 at 07:43 PM.

Deleted
    Sorry if it was a noob question..but there is something like a Macro for AoE Healing? it's my first day as Holy Paladin..i'm trying to understand all of this..

Good guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisheiro View Post
    Sorry if it was a noob question..but there is something like a Macro for AoE Healing? it's my first day as Holy Paladin..i'm trying to understand all of this..
    AOE healing as a Paladin is pretty much non-existent. Use one of your Level 90 talents (Prism/Hammer/Execution) for any AOE healing you need (making sure you target an enemy/boss - NOT A FRIENDLY TARGET - for Prism). Using this on CD (in most cases or waiting for the right opportunity) will be a massive boost to your HPS and overall healing. Macro's are not needed.

Saying that, LoD/HR do have fairly niche uses. HR should almost never be used. It's too expensive and does little healing that's just not worth it. If you are trying to build up HoPo quickly, you COULD use it for this reason but, in an ideal situation i'd advise not to. In terms of LoD, you should really only use this for situational AoE healing if required. If you are running with the 'Sacred Shield' build, LoD is actually viable when pitted against WoG. I'd recommend the EF build myself, but it's down to your own personal playstyle.
    Last edited by Teramosa; 2015-01-26 at 02:46 PM.

Guess this confirms my thoughts about eternal flame vs LoD.. sounds lame that LoD isn't more efficient

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Guess this confirms my thoughts about eternal flame vs LoD.. sounds lame that LoD isn't more efficient
    To be honest I'm not convinced that Eternal Flame is even very good. In a stacked AOE situation I think you get more out of Light of Dawn, but theres just not much of that in Highmaul.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

LoD sucks because it is only 15% transfer to beacon.
    I love holy paladin and holy paladin culture.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelani3 View Post
    (making sure you target an enemy/boss - NOT A FRIENDLY TARGET - for Prism). Using this on CD (in most cases or waiting for the right opportunity) will be a massive boost to your HPS and overall healing. Macro's are not needed.

First I heard of this.

Why hit the boss? So it radiates more for the after effect?

Only realized just there it does more if you hit a boss.

Newb

If the target is friendly it will heal that target and deal some aoe damage.
    If the target is an enemy it will deal damage to that target and do the aoe heal.

Deleted
    I was really hoping for some more substantial holy changes.

I don't mind having a niche but holy right now is so boring. Holy Shock on cooldown, Eternal Fame with 3 HP.

Light of Dawn is practically uncastable and sure you can Holy Radience but it's rare for the group to be stacked and a Wild Growth or Circle of Healing would just do a better job.

Devotion Aura is a really unsatisfying raid cooldown. I feel like every other healer has a button that actually does something, Tide, Tranq, Revival, Hymm etc.

The set bonuses look kind of interesting but I'm not going to cast an average Light of Dawn instead of an Eternal Flame just because I might get a free Eternal Flame.

I also can't tell if Holy Prism is overpowered or everything else on that tier is underpowered but right now there is so little flexibility in talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxtirical View Post
    I also can't tell if Holy Prism is overpowered or everything else on that tier is underpowered but right now there is so little flexibility in talents.
    Light's Hammer is quite a lot weaker than prism on cooldown, but if you need that burst healing in 12 or so seconds then it's still a viable choice. It also does decent aoe damage, which is nice in 5 mans I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Saxtirical View Post

The set bonuses look kind of interesting but I'm not going to cast an average Light of Dawn instead of an Eternal Flame just because I might get a free Eternal Flame.
    I think our set bonus is kind of backwards in the sense that the 2 set will only be good once you have 4 set.

Like you said, it's not about using 3 HoPo to cast LoD to try and proc an EF, but if the free EF procs off your free LoD from the 4 set, then that's when it will be good. I think in that sense our set bonuses are going to be very good once we have that 4 set, but 2 set will basically be negligible and I won't be changing my playstyle because of it. 25% chance just isn't high enough in my opinion to warrant it.

I've been trying to put together my BRF BiS list at the moment, and as far as tier goes it's looking for me that I'll be going for off-set gloves. Specifically the Crit/Mastery gloves off Franzok. The tough part about trying to put together a BiS list when you're trying to reach a certain crit rating, as well as get that four set, is the gearing becomes very fluid. These gloves might be better overall, but if I can get tier gloves to get 4 set, I'll go for that, at which point I'll maybe need a different piece to get the crit I want, etc.

The other off-set piece I was considering was chest, so it basically comes down to do I want the Multi on the tier gloves, or the Mastery on the tier chest, and at this point just going off my playstyle and logs through mythic highmaul, as well as Bouch's awesome math, I think I'm going to benefit more from the Mastery at this point.

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    Thankyou for this guide, it has helped alot when i am new to healing, i need alot more time but this really did give me something ot look at

Any paladins who have gotten their 2 or 4 piece already, would you post with your experience with it, so far? What its like playing with it, and do you consider it worth it, above differently itemised pieces? I know what the sims say, but actually playing with it is different.
    "The first prerequisite of an advanced being is a sense of humor"

Yes. This is directed towards you. y so srs?

Hello Paladins. I am looking for some help with my raid's holy paladin. I don't know paladin's very well but I'm pretty sure he should be higher than he is. Assuming the other healers live, he is always the bottom healer on the charts and currently our raid's weakest link.

Here is a link to one of our Gruul wipes: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ealing&fight=2

We did get a kill but the pally died part way through so it wouldn't be as accurate. As can be discovered from this wipe, it lasted longer than our kill and Bael, the pally, was the last one alive in the raid group meaning he had more opportunity to heal than any other healer, and yet he was still last. Here are the item levels of our healers:

Bael - 668
    Frankiie - 666
    Ohai - 670
    Mortikai - 662
    Ignorant - 666

So as you can see, Bael is the 2nd most geared healer on the team but is way below everyone else on the meters.

Here is a heroic Imp kill with 5 less people in the raid: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...d#type=healing

Once again, he is the bottom.

Any advice I can pass along to him?

- - - Updated - - -

Doing my own analysis, it looks like something is very off with his Beacon of Light. Most other holy paladins of similar item level have BoL doing 20%+ of their healing and hitting over 1500 times on similar length Gruul fights while his BoL is doing less than 8% and only hit 560 times! His Illuminated healing looks like it is doing way to much healing but I think it is actually about where it should be, or lower since his uptime is not very high. It's the other spells that need to move up.

- - - Updated - - -

Doing more analysis it looks like he needs to take Holy Prism instead of Light's Hammer. He also cast Holy Light primarily on the tanks and he should be casting that on everyone else instead. In addition, he doesn't seem to be casting Holy Shock or Eternal Flame nearly enough.

For: bushkanaka86

From the imperator logs, its looking like hes using way to much LoD and too little EF's. You should be able to keep 2 EF's up the entire time(with a lot more during wings).

It also doesn't look like he is getting effective use out of beacon (as you have stated). Some of the major differences between paladins, is how effectively they use their beacon and its easy to tell in logs that he might just be healing the tanks a lot instead of attempting to heal the raid and them through beacon.

Holy prism is an extremely important talent, does tons of healing in a small window. Light's hammer is still decent if you can get full use out of the talent every minute, if you need the healing more often holy prism will be a far better talent. Also looks like on gruul he was using holy radiance a lot which doesn't seem very effective on how that fight plays out.

Tried to figure out if he had the Merciful Wrath glyph but I couldn't tell from logs. Atleast on his imperator kill it looks like he doesn't since he used avenging wrath twice. With the glyph it's only a minute and a half cd and it's pretty big if you can use it very often, including with all of the damage that imperator does(Same with gruul).

Also on the imperator kill it doesn't look like he had beacon of faith, which is another major source of beacon healing(Didn't see it when I looked but I could be blind haha). He had it up for gruul but it was only up around 27% of the time?

Haven't healed BRF yet on my paladin, which I should be later today, so i'll have a better grasp on how mechanics play out for a healer later on.

Bushkanaka86:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ling&source=58
    Heres a link to our first kill on normal Gruul wednesday. Hadn't tried the fight before, didn't know tactics. Spent some of my holy power on 1HP EFs, because our raid allows it, and I spent more time looking at the fight and the mechanics than actually focusing on healing, saying I could do better. I am also aware of your tries being on heroic, but me relaxing on normal, with less damage taken per sec by the raid (taking into account different raid sizes), I'm outperforming by about 60%.

1. He uses Light of Dawn way too much, that HP should all be used on EFs.
    2. With your fight length of approx 375 seconds, and faultily assuming he has no haste, he can cast Holy Shock every 5 seconds, giving him 75 casts. Anyone rarely gets every single one directly on cooldown, but he cast 57 in this time window, which is 76%, which is actually fairly okay. By comparison, I only cast 31, where I had 63 cooldowns in our 314 second time span. Where I could have done a lot better.
    3. The fact that hes using Holy Radiance so much isnt good. Everytime you heal with Holy Radiance, you get a buff to the next Holy Shock so its healing gets an aoe component, but if you look at the Daybreak hit counter, its only about 60% of his HR hit count. They should be fairly equal, since theyre used one right after the other. He needs to get better at gauging when to use his AoE heals.
    "The first prerequisite of an advanced being is a sense of humor"

Yes. This is directed towards you. y so srs?