Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balanceftw View Post
    Curious about a guildie, not sure why his using Goren Soul Repository as a holy pally? checked all the other top H pallies on server and they don't seem to be using it. Anything I'm missing?
    It's about preference. I will be getting my hands on one of these after the DPS in my guild get them. I don't feel like I need two spirit trinkets. Paladins have great regen, and their spirit requirements aren't as stringent as other healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys, I've only recently started getting into Holy on my Paladin alt, but I'm really enjoying it. Couple of questions I'm pondering right now:

- how many EFs should be up and running simultaneously? I barely manage to keep 3 running atm, not sure if i'm doing everything right.
    - when bursting with AW with SW talent, what's the priority? I usually burn more mana because i start blanketing the raid with LoDs, but should I focus on getting more and faster EFs out instead?
    - in an average raid comp, is it normally sufficient to spot heal other people in the raid and let the Beacon healing + EF take care of tanks?

I'm generally having a hard time deciding when it's better to begin more inefficient aoe spamming to keep the raid up or when it's better to focus on keeping maximum EF coverage. I suppose in a decent setup with some real aoe healers in the team Pallies shouldn't have to resort to HR/LoD except very rarely?

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Hey guys, I've only recently started getting into Holy on my Paladin alt, but I'm really enjoying it. Couple of questions I'm pondering right now:

- how many EFs should be up and running simultaneously? I barely manage to keep 3 running atm, not sure if i'm doing everything right.
    - when bursting with AW with SW talent, what's the priority? I usually burn more mana because i start blanketing the raid with LoDs, but should I focus on getting more and faster EFs out instead?
    - in an average raid comp, is it normally sufficient to spot heal other people in the raid and let the Beacon healing + EF take care of tanks?

I'm generally having a hard time deciding when it's better to begin more inefficient aoe spamming to keep the raid up or when it's better to focus on keeping maximum EF coverage. I suppose in a decent setup with some real aoe healers in the team Pallies shouldn't have to resort to HR/LoD except very rarely?

Hi Miffy,

As you have mentioned you're using eternal flame, the general rule of thumb is to continue using said talent throughout the fight as opposed to using light of dawn. It is a loss of healing to use light of dawn, you should be using eternal flame on the tanks and people who are to be taking predictable/foreseeable damage. Understanding the fight and knowing when damage is coming in is crucial in utilizing the spell effectively. It is worth noting that the healing you take from eternal flame is increased 100%--equating into more healing into your two beacon targets. Of course, if your raid is severely dipping and in absolute need of a quick LoD, use one, however, the healing from a single LoD is not fantastic by any stretch of the imagination and I would sooner use EF. Having two piece of tier 17 will afford you some flexibility with free LoD that again can be held, as opposed to immediately fired off, if there is some AoE you know is coming up (ie Darmac's tantrum, Grull's infernal slice).

You mentioned letting the real aoe healers pick up the brunt of the aoe healing and that is an important thing to understand when healing--you alone cannot keep the raid alive and if you play as such, you will most likely oom yourself--throwing off holy radiance. Holy Radiance is a dangerous and tempting mistress that must not be entirely neglected, but do not grow too attached to her. Keeping up eternal flames on the raid, melee is a safe choice*, also results in more healing being fed into your beacon targets. You can quite effectively build up holy power with holy shocks while healing raid members and allowing the beacon healing to watch over your tanks. In this sense, you can cover ground on both an aoe and single target level.

As for keeping up x amount of eternal flames, there really isn't a number to reach, but having three ticking is pretty standard. Again, tier 17 four piece will afford the random proc from spending the free LoD and allowing another EF to blanket the raid. It is important to attempt to not continually apply EF to the same target (unless this is keeping the tank alive) as having two melee with EF up will result to more beacon healing than will one melee that is continually hit with EF). Three is a very reasonable number of EFs to have on the raid and I think, if you pay more attention to sticking to the level 45 talent selected, you can expect to have moments with more EFs--more healing into the beacons.

When under the influence of Avenging wrath coupled with sanctified wrath (if not diminished in strength by merciless wrath*) a very generic rotation of holy shock holy light can be maintained with the end result of placing eternal flames. If you are SW+MW, you will not be receiving infusion of light from every HS, nor will HS be reduced in cooldown, so you will be looking at more of a HS, HLx2, HS, etc. rotation.

TL;DR if you're specd into Eternal Flame, use Eternal Flame. Spot heal the raid, but understand that you are very good at pushing heals straight into the tanks. It is also worth mentioning that your holy lights and flash of lights will be 40% cheaper when directly healing your beacon target*. Holy Radiance should be used in very rare moments (I'm guilty of using it a little too much) or you'll be very low on mana near the end of a fight and end up losing HPS as you peter out.

Keep enjoying the class.

Anyone here have custom ilvl stat weights for askmrrobot

Deleted
    I was just wondering...has anyone found out if LoD is now worth using following the recent hotfix to it? - now affected by crit, multi and haste?

Deleted
    I have no idea how big the difference will be but I hope I finally get to see it actually heal something rather than just applying 1 stack of Illuminated Healing.

Quote Originally Posted by talvard View Post
    I was just wondering...has anyone found out if LoD is now worth using following the recent hotfix to it? - now affected by crit, multi and haste?
    I would wager (if spec into EF) that it is still not worth using unless you have the 4set and the lod proc is active.

Not necessarily due to the hotfix, but I think Oregorger is probably the one fight where LoD is decent/competitive.
    Guild - Twitter - 7/7M Highmaul (US#87) - 10/10M Blackrock Foundry (US#49)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravitor View Post
    I would wager (if spec into EF) that it is still not worth using unless you have the 4set and the lod proc is active.
    I see - thanks for your reply

Thanks again for this thread & keeping it updated Bouch! Much appreciated

Hey guys - I'm trying to figure out what gear I need im using mr robot to make a BIS list but I don't know the current caps - my spec is SW/ef

What is the crit cap (with or w/o) AW glyph
    What is the current haste cap?

Also is SW+glyph fail now ?

Just started playing holy for the first time this xpac so I'm way behind and getting thrown to the wolves lol

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nalld/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Dondivine View Post
    Hey guys - I'm trying to figure out what gear I need im using mr robot to make a BIS list but I don't know the current caps - my spec is SW/ef
    Item level is going to win out the vast majority of the time with the exception of trinkets, luckily for you just about any raid dropped trinket will be an upgrade =p

What is the crit cap (with or w/o) AW glyph
    This should still be accurate/

What is the current haste cap?
    If you're talking about hard capping GCD I have no idea, but it's probably not possible with available gear. Breakpoints are gone in WoD.

Also is SW+glyph fail now ?
    Not necessarily. I've seen several comments that it's not "as good" as it was in Highmaul but it's still a viable choice for several BRF encounters imo. Many hpals with 4pc are taking Divine Purpose, though, so it's definitely no seeing as much use as before.

Just started playing holy for the first time this xpac so I'm way behind and getting thrown to the wolves lol
    The good news is the spec is awfully straight forward - Beacons up, Holy Shock on CD, use Holy Prism for predictable damage and/or close to CD, Eternal Flame at 5 HoPo (or 3+) and spam Holy Light on non-tanks at all other times. New trinkets would be huge for you. An upgraded Winged Hourglass would be a great place to start if you or your guild has the funds/mats for it.

thank you! great help!

I've also recently specced holy after playing Ret for most of this expansion. I have 4set and am running with DP.

Regarding EF and LoD usage - in the situation where both tanks and myself have EF rolling (with 20+ seconds), and DP procs - what should I be using that HoPo on? EF a random healer/dps and hope they take damage? LoD to build shields? Or just EF on one of the tanks again? I've run into this situation a fair bit when I've had a lucky string of procs from DP and 2/4pce, and I'm not really sure how to handle it optimally.

Thanks in advance

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BAK View Post
    I've also recently specced holy after playing Ret for most of this expansion. I have 4set and am running with DP.

Regarding EF and LoD usage - in the situation where both tanks and myself have EF rolling (with 20+ seconds), and DP procs - what should I be using that HoPo on? EF a random healer/dps and hope they take damage? LoD to build shields? Or just EF on one of the tanks again? I've run into this situation a fair bit when I've had a lucky string of procs from DP and 2/4pce, and I'm not really sure how to handle it optimally.

Thanks in advance
    Putting the extra EF's on melee is always the safe bet.

Hello! I have a question for all of you hpal users...

I currently am 679 ilvl (after the ilvl increase this week) and have 17.41% unbuffed critical strike (with all enchants/gems focused on crit), and 1100 unbuffed Spirit. I currently use Mark of the Shadowmoon enchant for my weapon, but am considering switching to Mark of the Thunderlord for more throughput. Are my stats too low for this? Am I at the right spirit? Or should I wait to get a few more pieces? (i'm also with the four piece T17 set, two being normal warforged, the other being just normal, so I have room to grow in that aspect). I also don't generally run out of mana, my rotation is pretty decent, but there are definitely times where i find myself dipping below 15% (but not often). Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebauer33 View Post
    Hello! I have a question for all of you hpal users...

I currently am 679 ilvl (after the ilvl increase this week) and have 17.41% unbuffed critical strike (with all enchants/gems focused on crit), and 1100 unbuffed Spirit. I currently use Mark of the Shadowmoon enchant for my weapon, but am considering switching to Mark of the Thunderlord for more throughput. Are my stats too low for this? Am I at the right spirit? Or should I wait to get a few more pieces? (i'm also with the four piece T17 set, two being normal warforged, the other being just normal, so I have room to grow in that aspect). I also don't generally run out of mana, my rotation is pretty decent, but there are definitely times where i find myself dipping below 15% (but not often). Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
    If you are not having mana problems then sure you could safely switch to the thunderlord enchant. Try it out and see if mana feels good for you. Generally when it comes to spirit there is not set number that is ideal, just whatever is comfortable with your play style.

Deleted
    Does anybody use the Pawn addon? It seems to rate Multistrike a lot higher than Haste/Mastery? I always thought that was the Stat that we didn't want?

Quote Originally Posted by Mindtrap92 View Post
    Does anybody use the Pawn addon? It seems to rate Multistrike a lot higher than Haste/Mastery?
    Based on what? Anybody/anything can rate stats - where is the data derived from?

Multistrike is a decent stat, but it's one of those stats that would be nice if you could stack it - it's just pretty tough to truly stack any secondary right now and not have a net loss through lower intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindtrap92 View Post
    Does anybody use the Pawn addon? It seems to rate Multistrike a lot higher than Haste/Mastery? I always thought that was the Stat that we didn't want?
    AFAIK, sims are broke for Holy because "lack of interest"

No idea if that's fact or bs