Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindtrap92 View Post
    Does anybody use the Pawn addon? It seems to rate Multistrike a lot higher than Haste/Mastery? I always thought that was the Stat that we didn't want?
    You're supposed to enter your own stat weights into Pawn, the defaults are probably bad.

If lazy just use Bouch's weights, good enough
    http://holybouch.com/stat-weights-3/
    http://holybouch.com/stat-weights-3/...anuary-update/
    Last edited by RagnorZ; 2015-03-28 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RagnorZ View Post
    You're supposed to enter your own stat weights into Pawn, the defaults are probably bad.

If lazy just use Bouch's weights, good enough
    http://holybouch.com/stat-weights-3/
    http://holybouch.com/stat-weights-3/...anuary-update/
    That's out of date.

I believe this is the most recent update.

http://holybouch.com/2015/02/09/trin...ealing-charts/

At the moment, I'm kind of overflowing with mana. I don't really have a whole lot of options for switching to throughput (caster dps still need rings/necks/trinkets) and I can't coin any of those. What's the best way to increase my healing then? Just use flash of light sometimes instead of holy light? (I HR when stacked, like on Oregorger, but I'm asking more about when I can't really make use of HR)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyon View Post
    At the moment, I'm kind of overflowing with mana. I don't really have a whole lot of options for switching to throughput (caster dps still need rings/necks/trinkets) and I can't coin any of those. What's the best way to increase my healing then? Just use flash of light sometimes instead of holy light? (I HR when stacked, like on Oregorger, but I'm asking more about when I can't really make use of HR)
    Yes, that's your only way (other than HR) to really dump extra mana, which is why Spirit is considered such a poor stat for Paladins as is (esp. with 4pc!). Plus the more you gear, the more Infusion procs you get, and of course you only "can" use FoL over HL for excess mana if you don't have the procs to begin with.

Deleted
    With 4set what is the best healing "rotation" atm?

How does spam Eternal Flame with 1 holy power, to get Divene Purpose and tier procc and use the procc on LoD stand against Holy light healing?
    Last edited by mmoc0b7b6aeac6; 2015-04-16 at 06:18 PM.

It doesn't, don't do it. Should only be casting EF with 3HoPo.

Lvl 98 paladin right now, eternal flame heal is ok, but the HoT even for the healthpool of non 100s is useless ticking for like 500 or something. Is that normal? What about using on tanks or others who has priority for the eternal flame heal? Should i worry about its crap heal over time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Lvl 98 paladin right now, eternal flame heal is ok, but the HoT even for the healthpool of non 100s is useless ticking for like 500 or something. Is that normal? What about using on tanks or others who has priority for the eternal flame heal? Should i worry about its crap heal over time?
    It'll always be a crap hot. The snap heal from the initial cast is worthwhile on anyone (non overheal in most cases), but say you EF everyone, those 500 tick hots are multiplied by several more people and siphoned to the beacon which makes for more tank heals but not by much. I wouldn't stress it. Ex. My hots tick for about 1700 hp. Not very much.

Edit: That's just for where you are currently though. Eventually with gear the hots will actually count for a decent amount of heals sometimes being completely equal to the first heal before the hot ticks start.

Basically what Grief said, the HoT is pretty much crap and even with 700 item level (nearly max Mythic raiding gear) still only ticks for less than 2k out of a 200k+ (at lowest gear) health pool.

However, if you count mastery once you're raid geared + Beacon transfer it does add up, plus it is passive on top of just using WoG. So personally I'd say use EF primarily for the initial hit, though if there isn't really much pressure you can spread the HoT around a bit too.

Would it be worth it to break 685 4 set for some socketed/warforged mythic off-pieces?
    The change in stats would be:

130 int, 271 crit, 217 mastery
    -303 haste, -140 multistrike

but I would lose my 4 set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyon View Post
    Would it be worth it to break 685 4 set for some socketed/warforged mythic off-pieces?
    The change in stats would be:

130 int, 271 crit, 217 mastery
    -303 haste, -140 multistrike

but I would lose my 4 set.
    I took a little look at your logs and from the looks of things even with 4 set you are not taking advantage of divine purpose (which is a personal preference for some but not all). DP gives you a great amount of extra set procs throughout the fight that could increase your overall aoe and spot healing at the risk of being rng based. But since you are keeping Sanctified Wrath which is much more predictable and on some fights, I feel like your offset gear might workout for the better.

Many people keep 4 set and still used SW which is still pretty useful but if you can get bis stats with other gear when you arent going for some aoe raid curtain heal pad spec with EF and LoD then dropping 4 set for the time being shouldn't be a decrease in heals.

Quote Originally Posted by EzG View Post
    I took a little look at your logs and from the looks of things even with 4 set you are not taking advantage of divine purpose (which is a personal preference for some but not all). DP gives you a great amount of extra set procs throughout the fight that could increase your overall aoe and spot healing at the risk of being rng based. But since you are keeping Sanctified Wrath which is much more predictable and on some fights, I feel like your offset gear might workout for the better.

Many people keep 4 set and still used SW which is still pretty useful but if you can get bis stats with other gear when you arent going for some aoe raid curtain heal pad spec with EF and LoD then dropping 4 set for the time being shouldn't be a decrease in heals.
    Awesome, thanks for the help!

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I made a new Paladin on Turalyon to level as Holy so that by level 100 I'll be a pro. The problem is is that my Flash of Light single-target spam is awful and my AoE is even worse at 32 so I might just dump Holy until 80 or 90 and eat the extra-long dungeon queues.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Nintendo Chalmers View Post
    I made a new Paladin on Turalyon to level as Holy so that by level 100 I'll be a pro. The problem is is that my Flash of Light single-target spam is awful and my AoE is even worse at 32 so I might just dump Holy until 80 or 90 and eat the extra-long dungeon queues.
    You're almost better off leveling Holy as DPS actually, but then you're limited to single target damage only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Hi all, I see in the BiS in the first post there is a held in off-hand item, I've never healed with a paladin (or in general TBH) so my question is when is better to have a shield and when a tome? I mean if the ilvl is the same and there is no glaring difference between the two items.
    thanks

SS vs EF: passive effects win.

Yesterday I tried healing just for fun. I was using SS, another paladin in the raid was using EF. Looking at Blast Furnace hc, I had 47 LoDs he had 47 EFs so we were dead even on the Holy Power spenders.
    My SS did 2mil absorb, LoD did 2.77mil healing, 16% overhealing.
    His EF cast did 1.99mil healing, tick did 1.3 mil healing, 19%/33% overhealing.
    SS + LoD did more healing, less overhealing.

But mastery and the beacon turn things upside down. SS does not contribute to either mastery shield nor beacon. And only 15% of LoD goes to beacon.
    On the other hand for EF both the initial heal and the hot build the mastery shield and they both transfer 50% to the beacon.
    From SS+LoD I had 2.77mil mastery shield and 0.44mil beacon heals.
    From EF he had 3.3mil mastery shield and 1.65mil beacon heals.

So, EF pulls ahead by quite a bit. How? through passive effects. That sucks.

I personally prefer SS+LoD because I feel there are more decisions to be made like for instance spend HoPower on burst aoe heal: time our holy power such that we have 5 of it just before a big aoe, and do LoD-HR-LoD for a nice burst of healing.
    With EF all the holy power needs to be dumped in EFs so burst aoe healing is just HR and Prism.

But EF (through the passive effects) has too much of a throughput lead over SS. So there is no real choice.
    Any thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Nintendo Chalmers View Post
    I have levelled as holy, it's feasible, though mana was a problem sometimes in my experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post
    Hi all, I see in the BiS in the first post there is a held in off-hand item, I've never healed with a paladin (or in general TBH) so my question is when is better to have a shield and when a tome? I mean if the ilvl is the same and there is no glaring difference between the two items.
    thanks
    The difference is armor which is a damage reduction to physical hits. So basically an offhand is pretty much the same as a shield. If you are in a guild there could be an issue since most people (dps) will need that offhand just as well instead of maybe 1 other person needing a healing shield. Sometimes the stats are better on the offhand in which case take it, its not an hps loss.

Deleted
    I've recently seen a couple of top parses with heavy 2-Holy-Power EF usage. I'm pretty sure that this must have been discussed at some point. At least this guide says it's never worth casting 2HP Spenders since it would result in a HPS loss. But we're talking top #5 rankings, so there must be something to it. Can someone enlighten me or give me a source on where this has been discussed lately?

Quote Originally Posted by EzG View Post
    The difference is armor which is a damage reduction to physical hits. So basically an offhand is pretty much the same as a shield. If you are in a guild there could be an issue since most people (dps) will need that offhand just as well instead of maybe 1 other person needing a healing shield. Sometimes the stats are better on the offhand in which case take it, its not an hps loss.
    thanks a lot, i'm using a shield ATM since it's the only offhand i have now