Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamguard View Post
    Socket is worth more on everything but trinkets and weapon.
    ok thank you!
    13/13

Monk

Deleted
    e: wrong thread
    Last edited by mmoc3c639dd81a; 2015-11-27 at 09:24 AM.

Is the information on the first post up-to-date and accurate? I'm looking to try a Holy Paladin and I don't know anything about them so I'm looking for the 'right' way to play.

Edit: also a question - I read on another guide on the WoW forums that Sanctified Wrath is the best talent choice, but isn't it just going to be overkill? I mean, how many 'CD needed' healing phases last more than 20 seconds? Wouldn't the Holy Avenger CD be better, gaining access to an extra CD for another round of incoming damage? (I don't really like procs so the last talent isn't appealing).
    Last edited by Genzen Han; 2015-11-29 at 06:38 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    For the most part it hasn't changed. Sanctified Wrath is the best because it's the strongest talent in that tier. Holy Avenger hasn't been good enough since our Eternal Flame isn't an instant anymore, too many GCDs. The reason why Wrath isn't overkill is because of our mastery, as long as you aren't running out of mana overhealing isn't a bad thing it means more/bigger absorbs on people.

Holy Paladins are strong tank healers, decent aoe healers and extremely strong burst healers, having your only throughput cooldown last longer is better. Having said all that, picking your talents and having them work best for you all depends on the kind of content you're doing. Most posts and sims go off of what's best for the hardest content/progression, at least from my experience.

Edit: Forgot to mention that going Sanctified Wrath while glyphing Merciful Wrath is why it's the strongest talent.
    Last edited by Valythe; 2015-11-29 at 08:54 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valythe View Post
    Holy Avenger hasn't been good enough since our Eternal Flame isn't an instant anymore, too many GCDs.
    Eh, has EF been off-GCD before? Because otherwise, the casttime of EF is exactly one GCD and hence nothing changed for that matter. Doesn't change HA being a poor choice. Just saying. It's more that our HP spenders don't do any significant healing above an FoL/HL and thus generating more HP isn't worth it.
    Last edited by mmoc3c639dd81a; 2015-12-01 at 12:01 AM.

I went with Sacred Shield - is that still okay, or should I switch it to EF?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Genzen Han View Post
    I went with Sacred Shield - is that still okay, or should I switch it to EF?
    Sacred Shield is not okay, since it only generates absorb which does not contribute to your beacons and doesn't benefit from your mastery. It scales poorly with gear and is only viable on very low gear levels, hence.

Hm, so if I use EF, that uses my HoPo, right? Which means I aren't using the HoPo spender that does AoE (wanna say Light of Dawn? I forget the names). Do I not do AoE heals at all then, and just use Holy Light on people one at a time, even when there's a lot of group damage?

Deleted
    Hm, so if I use EF, that uses my HoPo, right? Which means I aren't using the HoPo spender that does AoE (wanna say Light of Dawn? I forget the names). Do I not do AoE heals at all then, and just use Holy Light on people one at a time, even when there's a lot of group damage?
    Yes.

Healing is a group effort. Let others do what you're bad at. Theoretically, Holy Radiance at its full potential including the HP gain has a higher output than a single, non improved (Classtinket, Infusion of Light) Flash of light.* But that is a very marginal gain for extensive mana costs you can't sustain for even a minute. So it's basically never worth doing.
    For HoPo Spenders EF>LoD>WoD, so if you don't talent Eternal flame but Selfless Healer, you use Light of Dawn. But here again, this is just a marginal gain above just using another Flash of Light. Your true healing-power comes from casting Holy-Shock (consider it as a catalyst) into HL/FoL.

Also note: Your two AoE Spells, HR and LoD, only contribute to your beacons by 15% (18% with t18 2p), whilst your singlet-targets heals contribute the full 50% (60% with t18 2p).

(*As you can see, there are a couple of conditions to be met before this is true. And even if met, it's just marginal)

Alright, so if I'm understanding you correctly, I basically want to use Holy Shock and Holy Prism on CD, use my HoPo on Eternal Flames, and then just spam my Holy Light spell on tanks and anyone who needs spot-healing?
    Last edited by Genzen Han; 2015-12-03 at 04:02 AM.

Alright, so if I'm understanding you correctly, I basically want to use Holy Shock and Holy Prism on CD, use my HoPo on Eternal Flames, and then just spam my Holy Light spell on tanks and anyone who needs spot-healing?
    You should be using your Infusion of Light procs on Flash of Light as much as your mana regeneration allows and you should prioritize spot-healing over tanks. Only heal tanks if no one else is taking damage. There are some subtle nuances beyond all of that, but you've got the gist of it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamguard View Post
    You should be using your Infusion of Light procs on Flash of Light as much as your mana regeneration allows and you should prioritize spot-healing over tanks. Only heal tanks if no one else is taking damage. There are some subtle nuances beyond all of that, but you've got the gist of it
    Can you put your guide into a MMO Thread already so we can stop correcting what Bouch couldn't forsee?

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post
    Can you put your guide into a MMO Thread already so we can stop correcting what Bouch couldn't forsee?
    I can work on that. I was going to start one for 7.0, but I guess it's going to be a while before we have concrete info and people will still be working on HFC for quite some time. Yeah, that's probably a good idea.

Does anyone heal in PvE that pushes relevant content without mouseovers for your heals?

I have this weird feeling every time I mouseover heal that I am going to form bad habits. Target healing sucks so bad though lmao.
    Last edited by decyphier; 2015-12-03 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by decyphier View Post
    Does anyone heal in PvE that pushes relevant content without mouseovers for your heals?

I have this weird feeling every time I mouseover heal that I am going to form bad habits. Target healing sucks so bad though lmao.
    What bad habits would you form? I can't speak for everyone, but using mouseover macros or some other addon to accomplish mouseover healing is generally accepted as the best practice.

In Legion, we'll have several reasons to want to be targeting the boss and get some random auto attacks in between instant casts like we used to have to do with Seal of Wisdom pre-Cataclysm.

Deleted
    I've been raiding w/o mouseover macros for a fraction of my spells for a long time (as disc priest) until Blackhand Mythic (playing since vanilla) and it went quite well (even high parsing and stuff). I then finally decided to give it a try and m/overed all my spells. All I can say is, that it improved my performance by a good chunk. But I wouldn't say I was underperforming without.

I figured I wouldn't be able to transition from mouseover healing in pve to target healing in pvp since I pvp quite a lot, but that doesn't appear to be the issue the more I play.

Well written guide.

7+ Year Old Account
    How do you guys feel about the changes coming to paladins for Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by Valythe View Post
    How do you guys feel about the changes coming to paladins for Legion?
    This pretty much sums it up.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.