Unannounced Heroes Speculation/Hype Thread.

If you go back and watch all the videos, panels and look at all the artwork you will see well over 20 unannounced characters that could possibly be added to the game. Here is a look at just 18 of the characters not announced (yet):

http://i.imgur.com/FAYNHPi.jpg

Some notes:

1, 2 and 3 are highly likely to be in the game as they are on the games final poster/wallpaper and were hinted at during one of the panels.

8, 9, 10, 11 and possibly even 14 could just be random soldiers thrown into the art and seem like they don't have enough character to make it into the game.

17 could possibly be an early Widowmaker concept.

Mentioned in Trailer:

SoundQuake - Possibly the dude in the green clothes as he has headphones and his "gun" seems to have a subwoofer on it, although chest missiles were mentioned.

Fusionator - Possibly the guy in the hazmat suit.

Doomfist - Possibly retired/deceased, the elder brother could take that call sign as he was seen using his gauntlet in the trailer.

Fat Gasmask guy really seems to be this games Patchwerk. Should be cool to see how his mechanics work, obviously he will have a chain hook ability and maybe even a cloud of poisonous gas or something to really make him play like Dota's Pudge.

Ninja Robot seems pretty obvious how his kit will function, maybe a Dash-and-slash movement ability, thrown shurikans for a ranged, and maybe even a Metal Gear Rising Revengeance style slash and hack up ultimate.

Cyborg Clint Eastwood needs to have a quickdraw pistol crack shot, a robo horse summon for mobility, and the ability to flip a coin to get an offensive buff or a healing buff.
    You just lost The Game

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ninja Robot looks like its escaped from Warframe, definitely gonna be my favorite. Always had love toward katana sword play.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Better pic (credit to blndcavefsh on Reddit):

http://i.imgur.com/arqngTY.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Cyborg Clint Eastwood needs to have a quickdraw pistol crack shot, a robo horse summon for mobility, and the ability to flip a coin to get an offensive buff or a healing buff.
    Do ya feel lucky? Well do ya, punk?

I'm referring to him as Pistolero until he's officially revealed

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope having that many heroes doesn't cause balancing issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toralin View Post
    I hope it CAUSES balancing issues. Looking at games like Soul Calibur, Pokemon, or even Hearthstone, I've found that balance disparity breathes life into the meta even if it is a bit counterintuitive. Slightly overpowered things become favored, but the trend shifts to countering said overpowered card. From their, the logical shift is to move to the counter's counter, but some opt to move back to the original overpowered setup as they anticipate that the counter will become less popular as it's respective counter is on the rise. Meta games are all about constant shifts in trends, and that momentum tends to start from slight, not egregious, balancing issues

I cant wait to play as bionic Clint Eastwood

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering every player can switch heroes everytime they die, even if the game would have a Rock/Paper/Scissor system for their heroes it would encourage switching heroes more often. Which may or may not be a good thing.

But I also agree, having a little bit of unbalance might be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Do ya feel lucky? Well do ya, punk?

I'm referring to him as Pistolero until he's officially revealed
    I think a name like Harry Westwood would suit him perfectly, tripple reference in one go!

Quote Originally Posted by evilgnomey View Post
    Better pic (credit to blndcavefsh on Reddit):

http://i.imgur.com/arqngTY.jpg
    Going off of these pictures, and their numbering system:
    The big 3 (that is to say the ones most likely to be in the game at some point, considering they made the official poster)

#13 I'd expect to be a tank class of some kind, via his size... and given his gas mask, perhaps an aoe debuffer/ area denial class (poisons ground in an aoe)

#14 Cowboy Wayne.... I've got nothing... Has pistol holsters... but I'm struggling to think of other Western themed concepts, particularly for mobility and other (ie non primary pistol attack) damage... I feel like he may be hard to fully flesh out, without being really tacky (like spawning a horse for mobility).. Maybe a lasso of some kind? =x

#15 Robot Ninja.... Sleek, and lots of ways they could go with the concept. Could be a "stealth" class, could be tanky (and there's multiple ways to do tanky, it could just be hard to kill, or gain health from successful attacks), could run fast, be able to jump off walls... tons of potential there.. Easily the class I'd most look forward to seeing more of.

Many of the rest don't seem nearly as fleshed out... and #34 is an extremely blatant TF2 Scout ripoff.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    There's like three or four that are just 'Overwatch dude with gun and light armor'. Boooriiing. Just roll all that into one guy if you need one. A lot of the others look pretty cool!

I want that robot ninja to play like shadow warrior sword play with hanzo free climb and stealth... *drool*

I hope there will be two reinvented pyro/spy classes and a mobile/support class.

Gasmask :
    Flamethrower (left click)
    Smoke grenade (shift)
    Death Grip (e)
    Plague Mortar [AoE dot] (q)

Ninja :
    Melee (left click)
    Shuriken Toss (right click)
    Dash attack (e)
    (passive) sticky feet - can walk on walls/ceilings
    Stealth (shift)
    Dancing Blade Weapon (q)

Cowboy :
    Magnum pistol (left click)
    Lasso [immobilizes target] (right click)
    Flashbang (e)
    Hoverboard (shift)
    Sonic Disruptor [aoe stun] (q)
    Last edited by maitreyas; 2014-12-06 at 08:33 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can we please not call them heroes? That is what heroes of the storm calls their characters, could get confusing.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Can we please not call them heroes? That is what heroes of the storm calls their characters, could get confusing.
    Could we please not call them characters? That's what every game/movie/book calls the principal individuals upon which the work is focused. Could get confusing.

http://us.battle.net/overwatch/en/

They're called heroes in Overwatch. Get a grip.

I'm really curious to that guy with the sword. There's a lot of routes they could take him, hope it's nothing too stereotypical.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

10+ Year Old Account
    #15 and Widowmaker are going to be the Heroes I play the most. Swords and sniping are just my gig.

Kind of want to know more about the short guy in the enviro suit.

And the cowboy guy who looks like something out of Silverhawks. He seems like he's clearly intended as a big deal in some way.

Early to say, but HoTS seems to be doing okay. IMO having lots of heroes with a small number of abilities is actually easier to balance than a few heroes with lots of abilities, eg WoW. Also in a pure PVP game, balance is a complicated network of both offensive and defensive not to mention utility so balance isn't as one-dimensional as WoW's simple DPS ranks, which in a way makes it easier to diversify characters without compromising balance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.