Page 1 of 79
... LastLast
    Deleted

Mafia 48: Cruel Intentions

IF YOU ARE NOT PLAYING, DO NOT POST HERE. THANK YOU!
    If you have interest in the game, head on over to http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...cussion-thread

Background: Welcome to Muff Town! twinned with it's Irish counter part of the same name. Sadly that is the only similarities between the two towns, unlike its Irish counter part Muff is cut off by a huge mountain range and the only way there is by air or ship, given that the place is described in holiday brochure's as a pee pee soaked heck hole, you wouldn't want to go there anyway.

This year like every year you have an annual awards ceremony and it is up to the town to vote for the Town Protector Award. So today you will vote for a person to become the Town Protector. This role comes with a 1 time reward and shouldn't be confused with the president role of previous games where the president decided who will be lynched the next day because that is not happening this time around.

The ballot box is tamper proof. Once you have posted your vote you will NOT be able to change your vote. Vote carefully!

Once you are dead, you may only post in the thread for dead players. Also, please keep communication with alive players about anything related to this game to a minimum so as to not give an unfair advantage. If you post as a dead player in this thread, your post(s) will be deleted.
    ** Editing of posts after 10 minutes is forbidden.
    ** Editing a vote is forbidden, if you wish to change your mind do so in a separate post.
    ** Deleting posts is forbidden.
    ** Quoting/Screenshotting/using anything provided by me in a PM as evidence is forbidden.
    ** No pm'ing or talking about this game outside of this thread is allowed.

You are free to discuss whatever you want, claim whatever you want, and draw whatever conclusions you want. Just remember that anything can be faked.

Questions:
    If you have a question, you can always ask in the game thread. This will be considered to be part of the game and it will be up to the other players if they wish to reply or not. A mod will only reply if the question matters to all (i.e. mod has forgotten to write a deadline in the morning post). If it is the mod you're asking, the chance of getting a reply to a "personal" question in the game thread is low. Better send a PM with your question to me.

Day Phase
    Unless stated otherwise in your PM, everyone has one vote per day to use to decide who to lynch. You can always change your vote, or even have no current vote. Once a player has gotten a majority (more than half) of the votes, they are immediately lynched and may no longer post in the thread - if you have information you need to make public, make sure you say it before you get that last vote. The day will go on until someone reaches the required number of votes for a lynch or the town decides to no-lynch.

Put your decision in Bold Letters and on its own line (ex: UNVOTE VOTE XXXXXXX)
    To vote for someone, use "VOTE: [Player]"
    To remove your vote, use "UNVOTE"
    To vote for a no-lynch, use VOTE: NO-LYNCH
    A vote that is not bolded or on its own line will not count. Both the word "vote" and the player name need to be bolded.
    You do not need to unvote in this game for your next vote to count. I will accept whatever your most current vote is.
    To peg someone as a suspicious candidate that you would potentially vote for, without actually voting, use the Finger of Suspicion; FoS: Krayzy
    If no one reaches majority vote by the end of the day, then no one will be lynched.
    The day phase lasts a maximum of 48 hours. (2 days)

Night Phase
    Everyone with a night action may post their action in their designated place. No players are allowed to discuss anything in the game thread (this thread) at
    this time (it's night, you're asleep!) for any reason. If a bump is wanted, mod will ask for it from someone who isn't playing. Action WILL be taken.
    The Night Phase will last a maximum of 24 hours. You have 22 hours to send in your night actions.

*Small print disclaimer*

*1.I said basic mafia in sign up thread an 99% of the roles will be familiar to you.*
    *2.As the game goes on days could shorten to 36 hours an nights to 18 hours*

Alive players:
    1. Arialla
    2. Omerto
    3. Virothe

Dead Players

Night One Listo ......Wolf Goon
    Night One Dendrek..Wolf-Role Blocker
    Night One Kurenai...Traitor
    Day Two Lora ......Traitor
    Day Two Largehorn.Town
    Night Two PistolPink.Godfather Shapeshifter
    Night Two Bloodfox..Godfather Wolves
    Day Three Catta..... Town Mason
    Nht Three ReticenceTown Scientist/3rd party
    Nht Three Celtic.....Wolf Goon
    Nht Three Lelly.......Town Tracker
    Day Four Crackleslap Wolf Goon
    Nht Four Strikered...Town Vigilante/3rd Party
    Nht Four Monkz.......Town Cop
    Nht Four Xanjori......Shapeshifter
    Nht Four Firebert.....Shapeshifter
    Nht Five Anakso......Shapeshifter Visitor
    Nht Five Worg........Town Jailkeeper
    Day Six Tomec......Shapeshifter
    Nht Six Lysah........Town Doctor
    Nht Six Kurioxan....Wolf Goon
    Dy Seven Krayzy....Shapeshifter Busdriver
    Nht Seven Uggor....Town
    Nht Seven Kleos.....Scientist 3rd party/Wolf
    Dy Eight: Karragon.Shapeshifter
    Nht Eight: Arindel.. Vigilante 3rd party/Wolf
    Nht Eight: Robo......Town Mason

Fluff:

The Town Sergeant meets up with his deputy at the crime scene.
    "Sarge, she was discovered an hour ago, but I think she could have been dead days"
    "O.k George let me see the body.Where are the rest of the unit?"
    George pulls back the white sheet.
    "Outside playing football Sarge"
    "Really!? I didn't even know we had a football. Any Id?"
    "Her name is Ginger Mingerwell she used to be a member of a girl band, Do you think it's the serial killer Sarge?"
    "Maybe,You notice anything funny about the body George?"
    "Nope, not really Sarge"
    "There is black gunge on her arm, it is also under all of her finger nails-"
    "Maybe she scratched her ass before she died"
    "No George. What else is odd George?"
    "Um er....uh ....is it obvious Sarge? because I am not sure what your seeing here"
    "Her Head! George! Where is her head?"

The Deputy looks out onto the field where the other cops are playing football.

"Tell them to return it immediately! Going to have to call the F.B.I on this one"
    "Fender Bender Inc?"
    "What the?"
    "It's the strip club in town"
    "No not the strip club George,something very strange is going on..."
    Last edited by mmoc36ded88e7f; 2014-11-24 at 09:20 PM.

First!!!! wooooooo!!!

Deleted
    Today you are voting for The Town Protector Award. You get ONE vote you can not unvote. Minority rule in place for day one only.

10+ Year Old Account
    God damn it Strikered!

Cruelle, I know it doesn't apply for today but in the OP it says Minority Lynch is in effect, but you said in the signup that it wasn't. Is the OP the one we're going by?

- - - Updated - - -

That seems like an obvious and stupid question :P But I figured better to be sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Cruelle, I know it doesn't apply for today but in the OP it says Minority Lynch is in effect, but you said in the signup that it wasn't. Is the OP the one we're going by?

- - - Updated - - -

That seems like an obvious and stupid question :P But I figured better to be sure.
    Far as I'm concerned whoever has the most votes at the end of the day gets "The Town Protector".

Is minority rule different from the:

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelle;
    If no one reaches majority vote by the end of the day, then the person with the most votes will be lynched. If two people are tied then the first person to reach the number of votes will be lynched
    in the OP?

MWUAHAHAHAH wallow in my firstness

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelle View Post
    Today you are voting for The Town Protector Award. You get ONE vote you can not unvote. Minority rule in place for day one only.
    I think that is pretty clear

10+ Year Old Account
    Unbolded for emphasis!
    Dammit another game without the minority rule! D:
    Wish this would stop happening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Wow I am crap already but amended to show Majority vote in play apart from today of course

Pretty sure I qualified what I said with "I know it doesn't apply for today"...

- - - Updated - - -

Wow I am crap already but amended to show Majority vote in play apart from today of course
    /hug

- - - Updated - - -

I think people (other than Karragon) missed what I was talking about. So to clarify, in the OP it said

If no one reaches majority vote by the end of the day, then the person with the most votes will be lynched. If two people are tied then the first person to reach the number of votes will be lynched
    Cruelle has just changed it.

Deleted
    I reckon we should lynch Strikered tomorrow for being first.

As to the Town Protector Award I nominate Mecha-Duck Virothe!

For anyone who likes a sorted list of names for their notes:
    Anakso
    Arialla
    Arindel
    Bloodfox
    Catta
    Celtic
    Crackleslap
    Dendrek
    Firebert
    Karragon
    Kleos
    Krayzy
    Kurenai
    Kurioxan
    Largehorn
    Lellybaby
    Listo
    Lora
    Lysah
    Monkz
    Omerto
    PistolPink
    Reticence
    Robo
    Strikered
    Tomec
    Uggor
    Virothe
    Worg
    Xanjori

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post

We could give Virothe the Town Protector Award to apologise for the early lynches in previous games, then lynch him tomorrow for consistency with earlier games

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post

What!? You would trust a robot duck to protect us all!? Are you mad!!! I hereby nominate myself of course because everyone can trust Hyuk!

And now I go pass out!

10+ Year Old Account
    No point giving virothe a town protector award he'll just get lynched all over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, little confuddled right about now, Whoever get's the most votes gets a town protector award. This cannot mean that person becomes a town protector surely, because that would put a huge target on his back, his front, his side and any other body part that may or may not be visible, Unless of course they become some uber protector.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    No point giving virothe a town protector award he'll just get lynched all over it.
    I almost feel like voting for Virothe, too see if he reacts negatively too it before he realises it's a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    I almost feel like voting for Virothe, too see if he reacts negatively too it before he realises it's a good thing.
    Well, thats assuming he doesn't read the first page! xD