Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Well this is your opinion, in my opinion it's a refreshing change of gameplay having to run for your life and use all your profession skills to evade/avoid the enemies, find those pods which turn you into the hunter and stay alive as long as possible. I like the increasing rewards-system although I wished we would find some unique skins in the labyrinth which can't be found somewhere else.

pretty standard?! I can't remember when you had to use your movement skills (not jumping) at your best. It's a quite unique experience.
    Hm. Is this part of the collection quest? I am not sure I understood what the person I asked in game was trying to say accurately.

I could not see any UI elements in the zone that pointed to this "quest" or any information in game that outlined what it required.

I may have missed this content. Not sure if that is due to missing the last episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Hm. Is this part of the collection quest? I am not sure I understood what the person I asked in game was trying to say accurately.

I could not see any UI elements in the zone that pointed to this "quest" or any information in game that outlined what it required.

I may have missed this content. Not sure if that is due to missing the last episode.
    Lol well that's the one thing I did criticise about the labyrinth-content before. The easiest way to find it is by the new waypoint on the bottom mid of the zone. It leads to a underground-area which shows on the map only when you're at the same level. This area is blocked and opens when the meta-event in the map is finished.

It's not a part of a collection "quest", it's just a part of the map which is there for you to collect rewards in a hostile environment. It's easy to get some pods, the challenging part is to get enough pods to get to the better rewards. The more pods people open, the better the rewards get (If I understood this correctly). So the thing you do is: you find optimal paths from one pod to the next and try to run those paths as fast as possible without being killed by the Mordrem.

Collecting a few pods and leaving again, stating that it's a boring activity... well I would assume that the person who thinks that way doesn't care for rng rewards (champion bags mostly). For all the players who happily join champ-trains it's a very welcome addition to the game imho.

I'm not sure if you have to do story first in order to use the Skritt-hole to get to the new waypoint.
    Last edited by Maarius; 2014-11-20 at 06:37 AM.

Well this is your opinion, in my opinion it's a refreshing change of gameplay having to run for your life and use all your profession skills to evade/avoid the enemies, find those pods which turn you into the hunter and stay alive as long as possible.

pretty standard?! I can't remember when you had to use your movement skills (not jumping) at your best. It's a quite unique experience.
    Maybe it's me but I literally can just chain one "hunter node" to another without ever becoming "human". It's pretty simple, hold down CTRL to find treasure and run over every node on the way to the treasure.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

This patch feels like the first ever LS patch, nothing new and boring af

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    I knew after the male sylvari that no other sylvari could be trusted, I had my eye on canach for a while and Ive been waiting for a chance to get rid of trahearne which may come sooner than expected if mordremoth's power over his syvari minions keeps extending with the weakened pale tree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Lol well that's the one thing I did criticise about the labyrinth-content before. The easiest way to find it is by the new waypoint on the bottom mid of the zone. It leads to a underground-area which shows on the map only when you're at the same level. This area is blocked and opens when the meta-event in the map is finished.
    I read about the maze but have not gotten to it yet. My comments were mostly directed at the LS content which I found to be typical GW2 fare.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read about the maze but have not gotten to it yet. My comments were mostly directed at the LS content which I found to be typical GW2 fare.
    Its like 3d pacman all it needs is the waka waka waka when you move and it'd be perfect :P

The "quests" currently are Achievement driven, like they used to be Heart driven.
    In the Achievement UI, there are tabs for Story, Collections, General/Silverwastes.

The collection is sort of the meta-quest. You need to collect X items. The current one is Collection: Luminous Gloves for instance. It requires you to get some plant parts from the Silverwastes events, a trinket that is rewarded by the Story-Achievement and the Carapace Gloves for each weight. When you complete the Collection, you get an alternate skin of each Carapace glove that is Luminous Glove. (Same thing, but now glowy-ish.)

The Carapace gloves can be procured via the story (just one) or purchasing with tokens from the Silverwaste events.

Totally separate from all that, Maarius is speaking about the Labyrinth and it's gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    The "quests" currently are Achievement driven, like they used to be Heart driven.
    In the Achievement UI, there are tabs for Story, Collections, General/Silverwastes.

The collection is sort of the meta-quest. You need to collect X items. The current one is Collection: Luminous Gloves for instance. It requires you to get some plant parts from the Silverwastes events, a trinket that is rewarded by the Story-Achievement and the Carapace Gloves for each weight. When you complete the Collection, you get an alternate skin of each Carapace glove that is Luminous Glove. (Same thing, but now glowy-ish.)

The Carapace gloves can be procured via the story (just one) or purchasing with tokens from the Silverwaste events.

Totally separate from all that, Maarius is speaking about the Labyrinth and it's gameplay.
    You forgot pvp, if you are not into grinding SW for crests you can grind SPVP instead or pray to RNG gods and get them from the big nightmare pod in the labyrinth

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Maybe it's me but I literally can just chain one "hunter node" to another without ever becoming "human". It's pretty simple, hold down CTRL to find treasure and run over every node on the way to the treasure.
    It does bring to mind one other thing that's been irritating with Season 2. Holding down control has gotten very old.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    It does bring to mind one other thing that's been irritating with Season 2. Holding down control has gotten very old.
    You know what's worse? Ctrl shows some things, alt shows others, holding down ctrl+alt while running around, then pushing my ptt key for vent/mumble/ts3, which is . on my keypad (tied to a button on my mouse - since most programs don't recognize the button itself)...Yup, brings up the lock/etc screen on Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is just you! Please, post a video so the rest of the world can see how you maintain the orb form and never go human in the maze for the full 20 minutes while getting all the keys
    Valar morghulis

well when I run the labyrinth I constantly see people dying... but we all know that you're a player above average skill-level (you posted the solo vids, remember?) so you can't really assume that all the content that is trivial for you is trivial to most players as well.

Personally I manage to get a few transforms in a row as well, but playing a Mesmer with focus on stealth I don't really have a problem surviving without. Your choice of profession and build makes a huge difference in difficulty imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    It is just you! Please, post a video so the rest of the world can see how you maintain the orb form and never go human in the maze for the full 20 minutes while getting all the keys
    You remember how that turned out last time right Karizee?

A big difference between me and others is that others take every orb the moment they pass by one which puts it on CD. The "trick" is to only take orbs when yours is about to run out. A great example is at the start of the maze if you go left from the big road and then left on the first turn again. You run past 3 orbs 1 on the corner of the big road one halfway through the path you take and then one at the end of the first street (if you go left, left imagine only going left once instead on that street). If you take them as you go you popout of the transformation and have to walk to the orb as human, if you wait until you're backtracking to take your second orb there isn't a problem at all.
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2014-11-21 at 07:05 AM.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

10+ Year Old Account
    You remember how that turned out last time right Karizee?

A big difference between me and others is that others take every orb the moment they pass by one which puts it on CD. The "trick" is to only take orbs when yours is about to run out. A great example is at the start of the maze if you go left from the big road and then left on the first turn again. You run past 3 orbs 1 on the corner of the big road one halfway through the path you take and then one at the end of the first street (if you go left, left imagine only going left once instead on that street). If you take them as you go you popout of the transformation and have to walk to the orb as human, if you wait until you're backtracking to take your second orb there isn't a problem at all.
    Oh I do remember!

But getting some of those pods is quite tricky, especially the one that spawns in the long hallway from the start to the center room, how do you maintain orb form and get that chest without going back to human? I anxiously await your video, are you still working on it? TEACH ME MASTER!
    Valar morghulis

Pro tip, don't go to the center room or, if you're hellbent on going there come from the other side there's an orb right up the ramp then.

There are a lot more orbs on the left side so if you just circle around there it's quite easy.

What is the goal of the maze? Like I am supposed to find all these people with chevrons over their heads; then what?

This seems a rather pointless mini-game. I find it kinda dark/hard to see in the maze but that's just me.

there is no real goal. There's loot boxes scattered around the maze and enemy wolves patrol around if they catch you, you instantly die. When you're transformed in the wisp thing they can't touch you so the "game" is to chain wisp forms so you can run around the map and get lewt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pro tip, don't go to the center room or, if you're hellbent on going there come from the other side there's an orb right up the ramp then.

There are a lot more orbs on the left side so if you just circle around there it's quite easy.
    Ah, so you are skipping chests.

Still would like to see a vid of going the whole 20 minute session without reverting to human - would be epic!

(btw, speaking of epic - I'm planning on outfitting my little asura in full Luminescent gear so he can be glowing blue in the dark while the wolves glow green - wearing the Job-O-Tron talking backpack so I'm yelling TURBO MODE ENGAAAAAGED! while racing through the labyrinth with the Dark Traveler title!)

- - - Updated - - -

What is the goal of the maze? Like I am supposed to find all these people with chevrons over their heads; then what?

This seems a rather pointless mini-game. I find it kinda dark/hard to see in the maze but that's just me.
    Wrong maze ...er wrong mode Fencers. Go under the map to the Hidden Depths when the vines pull back after the Breach event.

Asking what the goal is like asking what the goal of Pacman is - to survive as long as possible with relentless pursuers hot on your trail - only we are getting chests and keys instead of points

(also there is the Fear No Evil achievement and Dark Traveler title to obtain)
    Last edited by Karizee; 2014-11-21 at 04:08 PM.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Wrong maze ...er wrong mode Fencers. Go under the map to the Hidden Depths when the vines pull back after the Breach event.
    I feel I am somehow missing everything in this patch. It all seems kinda hard to find/vaguely described by other players.

I can not play for many hours in a row. So I admit the exploration aspect is not one I am spending a lot of time on in the 20-40 mins of play time I get in throughout the day.

But dang. I wish I had a clearer idea of where all this stuff is at and what is needed. Will look up a guide or something when I have time.

Asking what the goal is like asking what the goal of Pacman is
    Pacman has a defined goal- score. But I mean what I am suppose to be doing this maze for exactly. There wasn't really anything that showed me; "this is what you get for doing this!", be it skin, mini pet, title or just to do it. Like I didn't really even know when it was over and was like, "Oh its the end... I guess?"

Perhaps I am in the wrong maze or something?