Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    That link is very relevant, heres another link

http://www.globalfoundries.com/newsr...tor-technology

http://globalfoundries.com/docs/defa...l.pdf?sfvrsn=2

http://techreport.com/news/27149/rep...-chips-for-amd

And guess whos one of global foundries biggest clients, AMD.

Im now even more curious to how potentially deep a collaboration between AMD and samsung could be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    Im now even more curious to how potentially deep a collaboration between AMD and samsung could be.
    Hihi, really thinking out of the box, purely hypothetical.

But what if Samsung buys AMD.....

Would be weird, Samsung entering the PC market. On the other hand, they pretty much have there own sockets/chips for the mobile market as well.

It will not happen of course, but still samsung being the first to announce free synch monitors and the collaboration with global foundries etc.... Makes you think

Deleted
    So....more rumors to come out of the speculation...

A user over at the Chiphell forums (by the name of Junmiu) has posted two images here. Note that the first one is a mean and that the range of games is extensive, but it seems to beat out the reference GTX980 by close to 10% over all the games and has a mean power consumption of just 197W. In the power consumption test, it only lists 4 games, but that mean performance one is very interesting for those who want to game at 1440p (as the resolution is 2560*1440).

Thoughts, if these are true?

Deleted
    I saw it as well. Here is a wccftech link

If this will be true, that would be amazing. Also shows there is still stuff to do with the 28nm process, in regards to performance and power requirements.

But Im skeptical It is peaking my interest tho

Pre-NDA lift figures are always positive.

I saw some calculations and according to leaked speccs, these performance figures would be on the low side, which in turn explains why it has so low power draw.

Deleted
    sorry for posting a thread within a thread, but its a bit quicker

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...php?t=18635979

- - - Updated - - -

sadly no gaming results, but some of that info might be useful to some.

10+ Year Old Account
    We should see their new APU's out soon which likely have the same tech as the R9 390's. We'll get a good idea how these GPU are expected to perform then.

Quote Originally Posted by tenangrychickens View Post
    So....more rumors to come out of the speculation...

A user over at the Chiphell forums (by the name of Junmiu) has posted two images here. Note that the first one is a mean and that the range of games is extensive, but it seems to beat out the reference GTX980 by close to 10% over all the games and has a mean power consumption of just 197W. In the power consumption test, it only lists 4 games, but that mean performance one is very interesting for those who want to game at 1440p (as the resolution is 2560*1440).

Thoughts, if these are true?
    This all seems pretty legit/accurate to me. I'd say it is true and it's pretty damn impressive. Now to wait on prices and final/confirmed (p)reviews.

10+ Year Old Account
    If true, daaamnnn. May be a bit late but if it is that's hell of a good performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    If true, daaamnnn. May be a bit late but if it is that's hell of a good performance.
    Late? When are they due?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Late? When are they due?
    Well I was comparing generation to generation gap between Nvidia and AMD. Otherwise no idea what the actual release date is. Probably early 2015.

Late? When are they due?
    Around February to March, unless they've changed their time frame. First quarter/half of 2015 is all anyone's actually confirmed though. Missing the holiday period completely is pretty unfortunate.
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2014-11-27 at 09:22 AM.

Well. that's hardly enough to concern consumers, I'd say. Look at the gaps between hd5000 and how long nvidia took to respond with the 400 series (which was awful) and then the 500-series, which amd in turn did not respond to until the 7970, where nvidia took their time to respond with the 680.

In short, looking back to just recent years don't have me worried, because despite the 980s success, it was overpriced from launch and the r9 200s are doing well. At least here.

Deleted
    Well. that's hardly enough to concern consumers, I'd say. Look at the gaps between hd5000 and how long nvidia took to respond with the 400 series (which was awful) and then the 500-series, which amd in turn did not respond to until the 7970, where nvidia took their time to respond with the 680.
    I feel like you are missing out on the 6xxx series against the 5xx series. Altho, the 580 was pretty much alone at the performance top.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    I feel like you are missing out on the 6xxx series against the 5xx series. Altho, the 580 was pretty much alone at the performance top.
    The HD6000-series were not pitted against the GTX500-series; they were an update to further against the GTX400-series. At least in how they were conceived. I have an engineering sample of a HD6950 that is dated several months before the GTX 580 released. I think AMD was surprised in how quickly nVidia abandoned the 400-series. And the results it gave.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2014-11-27 at 02:46 PM. Reason: capital letter after a semi-colon? I failed grammar

Deleted
    The HD6000-series were not pitted against the GTX500-series; they were an update to further against the GTX400-series. At least in how they were conceived. I have an engineering sample of a HD6950 that is dated several months before the GTX 580 released. I think AMD was surprised in how quickly nVidia abandoned the 400-series. And the results it gave.
    Hmmm, I wonder why tho. The 480 was more powerfull than the 5870, but did so with a lot more power consumption and heat. And the 480 was a lot more expensive. So I dont really see the need to get something out there to combat with the 4xx.

But like you said, it could very well be. In the end it just was versus the 5xx series instead.

Deleted
    New rumors put a 3xx launch in summer

People tend to call the first part Fiji, but our industry sources said that AMD's next generation graphics, slated to launch in the summer of 2015, is codenamed Caribbean Islands.
    And AMD is coming up with a new driver called Omega. Probably still under NDA, hence they are taken down again. I think there should be more news on monday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice to see that they're doing well, a lot.

Wish we had a specific date... =\

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Nice to see that they're doing well, a lot.

Wish we had a specific date... =\
    Indeed. There are rumors that their first 20nm architecture will be on APUs with the CI graphical core in late spring (possibly announced at MobileWorld in Spain).

Deleted
    So Samsung has started it 14nm+finfet production. For 1 client, which could be Apple, Quallcom or AMD.

If it turns out to be AMD and the 390X is rumored to launch in summer... Could be that it might be on 14 nm....