15+ Year Old Account

question about teams and characters.

sooo I'm a bit confused, do we get to choose -any- character we want and join any side regardless of our character's background and morality? because from what I've read from the character roster some of them are evil (terrorists) and some of them are ex-overwatch people. so it got me thinking, why would for example Reinhart (the knight in...shining power armor) even agree to side with Reaper (a notorious terrorist) and fight with him against ex-overwatch characters? I know that many Overwatch people are now considered "mercs" but some of the character bios seem to put them on the side of good. even Tracer doesn't really act like a mercenary in the cinematic.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2014-11-11 at 08:26 PM.

Lore is outside the game, not inside.

Want to play Widowmaker and Tracer together? Go for it. Want a team of one Mercy and five Winstons? Monkey party all night.

It's like TF2, there's no restrictions on team composition.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post

It's like TF2, there's no restrictions on team composition.
    Though technically in TF2 they are 2 different sides, they just happened to hire the exact same 9 mercenaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Though technically in TF2 they are 2 different sides, they just happened to hire the exact same 9 mercenaries.
    The exact same nine mercenaries who are all clones! Hundreds and hundreds of clones!

Let's not think about it too hard!