Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

You are not PREPARED!!! ( Or are you?)

How do you prepare for the launch of a new expansion?

Do you stock up on supplies and food buffs , book extended time off from work?

I personally with look to play for a good 10-12 hours on launch with some red bull and coffee.

you?

Took two days off work , bought some snacks and ready for the grind

Come home from work and play. Not taking days off. I see no reason to grind like mad, and then be waiting and waiting for the next expansion for 16 months. Take your time and enjoy it.

That has been my normal plan on previous expansions. I have some free time on lauch for the next two weeks so Id like to get one char maxed quickly then enjoy the leveling process with the others

Deleted
    Am I prepared? God no. Got time off booked though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm taking some time off on Thursday so that I can crash after playing all night/morning long.

For food/drink I'm getting green tea, cold water, probably some coffee as well, fruit salad and perhaps some sweets.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

ready for the grind
    Some people have a strange perception of being prepared.

Deleted
    Energy drinks and food. Kicked out of school so don't need to worry about that. All good.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxxtreme View Post
    Energy drinks and food. Kicked out of school so don't need to worry about that. All good.
    This is true dedication

15+ Year Old Account
    I never pushed leveling too much. Took 6 days from 60-70 when tbc came out. About the same time when Woltk came out. Needed a bit less when Cata came out , like 4 Days. When MoP came out it was the same. Compared to how much time it took me to get from 1-60 back in classic the expansions were all very much a breeze. I don't prepare for the leveling specifically. It's more like a preparation in general , having empty bags , get stuff done etc.
    Druid since Feb. 06

Quote Originally Posted by Naxxtreme View Post
    Gymnasium?

My Main problem is WTF do i want to level first having a max of everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I log in before the server ques start and make sure I look pretty, then i go to the dark portal and play another game until WoD goes live, still unsure what game i'll be playing though, it'll have to be on one of my consoles.

I expect leveling itself to take from wednesday until the weekend, unless i'm mis-judging. I do have college those days afterall (All three days of which i'll be falling asleep through lessons, but who the fuck cares)
    Last edited by Aeula; 2014-11-11 at 09:20 PM.

normal day like any other, just instead of browsing twitch/imgur all day, im gonna be playing wow :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by technopool View Post
    My Main problem is WTF do i want to level first having a max of everything.
    does it matter? :P

Deleted
    Havent we had this thread before or something?:s

I can't take time of because I got course work etc. I need to hand in on Thursday, that said I do log in like 30 minutes in advance and plan on going through the Tanaan intro and the quests to unlock my Garrison in Shadowmoon Valley before hitting the sack.

I'll buy the game at midnight tomorrow, accompanied by my cousin, but then I gotta get to sleep as I have a deskfull of work the next day.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Clear out bank space, get rid of unneeded stuff or slap it in the guild vault. Have a bunch of profession skill-ups queued up for when I get access to higher profession levels, make sure my spec is locked and loaded, and general read up on the overall quest flow so I've got an economical route planned out beforehand.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

There are like 10 threads like this one.

I'll just do normal things -> job, read a book, spend time with family and others, then I'll play WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMethod View Post
    Come home from work and play. Not taking days off. I see no reason to grind like mad, and then be waiting and waiting for the next expansion for 16 months. Take your time and enjoy it.
    Exactly.