Voters
58. This poll is closed
  • Yes

8 13.79%
  • No

31 53.45%
  • A little bit

5 8.62%
  • I don´t like this study. it goes against what I want to believe so I think your a racist asshole.

14 24.14%
Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

90% of western born muslims think Jihad is ´fine´.

http://www.nu.nl/politiek/3925730/as...ntrustend.html

So. I guess we finally have our answer regarding immigrants growing up in western countries and their hatred towards other religions and non-believers. A recent study asked 3th generation immigrants in Holland what they thought of ISIS and Jihad.

80% thinks violence in name of Jihad against different religions and atheists is fine.
    90% thinks western ISIS fighters should not be prosecuted when returning to their own country
    50% thinks its a good thing western muslims join the fight in Iraq and Syria.

I´m flabbergasted. Not. Ok a little bit. I knew it was bad, but i didnt expect it to be this bad. Years of subsidized programs, years of integration projects, billions spend so they feel at home apparantly dont do jack shit if everyone just keeps their own freedom of religion and culture and puts it above everything else.

Who wouldve thought.

Thoughts?

My first though is that the link isn't in English. 2nd how many people where actually polled? And 3rd how long until this is locked.
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Thoughts?
    there is nothing wrong with jihad.
    the problem is against whom.
    I have no problem with a crusade against evil.

Deleted
    Turks. Not Muslims. Get it right.

That's the pattern as I see it. Muslims immigrate to the EU, experience racism for the first time, learn to hate the EU.

Muslims don't have it so bad in the US, I think this is because we have a lot of immigrants from all over and Muslims are nowhere near the top on the list of people to hate.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Slight nitpicking here.

But either google translate is awful, or you generalized based upon one sub-section of muslims from a specific country in the middle east (Which has dozens upon dozens making it up as a geographic location).

Obviously this isn't right, nor condonable, but i take issue when you state 90% of western born muslims think jihad is fine.

But the article is just awful for me to translate, so that's the sum of my contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    That's the pattern as I see it. Muslims immigrate to the EU, experience racism for the first time, learn to hate the EU.

Muslims don't have it so bad in the US, I think this is because we have a lot of immigrants from all over and Muslims are nowhere near the top on the list of people to hate.
    War on Terror would like a word with you.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    there is nothing wrong with jihad.
    the problem is against whom.
    I have no problem with a crusade against evil.
    That word is so misused, also by the OP.

OT: These studies are fueled by an agenda, and I don't believe it. Sure, there are always some, but as someone pointed out, how many where polled? How did it take place and in what areas? etc.

It's so easy to make a poll on something and narrow it down so it fits your agenda. Another reason why I do not believe it is because 90% is a LARGE number. I have many muslim friends, and i'm pretty certain none of them share this view.

Deleted
    Inbe4 someone posts that religion is to blame for everything even though christians/confucians/hindus/shintoists/buddhists wouldn't condone that behavior.

Because Islamic extremists thinking it's ok to slaughter everyone else that is different = all religions must think the same.

Besides, it doesn't matter if you're religious or an atheist. In their eyes you're still a target.

Doing things like making dumb generalizations off of bad translations of who knows what kind of article, and using that to say "welp, there's definitely something wrong with the 1.5 billion Muslims in the world!"...is part of the reasons why people radicalize. Be smart, not part of the problem.

Jihad is a struggle for God. Not a violent campaign against non-believers; this is strictly forbidden (haram). The only occasion where violence is permitted by the Qur'an is when in defence of innocents.

The most important teaching of Islam is that life is sacred and that only God can judge men. Any one that calls them self a Jihadist and believes that violence against peaceful people or to convert people of other faiths is NOT a Muslim.

I deal with crap like this every day at work (I teach Religious Studies in a secondary school). Someone lock this ridiculous incendiary thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Them being Turks is even more concering because the Turks are very strict about a seperation of Church and State.

25% of voters are muslims.

Deleted

The E.U is vast, be a lil more specific please.

And if we're to talk about discrimination, the U.S is shining quite nicely in regards to it.

This is based upon surveyed results, when i get to my desktop i'll grab the study.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    you mean Arabs?
    Cos Turks are Muslims, but not Arabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    The E.U is vast, be a lil more specific please.

And if we're to talk about discrimination, the U.S is shining quite nicely in regards to it.

This is based upon surveyed results, when i get to my desktop i'll grab the study.
    Mmmm, the discrimination in this case is because of the War on Terror. No way Muslims experience more racism than blacks in the US. No way Muslims experience more racism than Mexicans.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
    My first though is that the link isn't in English. 2nd how many people where actually polled? And 3rd how long until this is locked.
    You took the words right out of my mouth.

Wow.....is there really any point of explaining to someone what most muslims believe a "jihad" is?? Its not a holy war, its just a inner struggle one has, that small factions of islam abuse for power..

Also i selected the last options.

Deleted
    Mmmm, the discrimination in this case is because of the War on Terror. No way Muslims experience more racism than blacks in the US. No way Muslims experience more racism than Mexicans.
    Please provide evidence for these assertions, so far we've only achieved a basis of generalization from you in regards to the E.U and then hyperbole attempting to dismiss this.

And here is the link i grabbed the screen from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Not surprising, but nothing can be done about it unless we start growing a pair and kick them back to their own country.