Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Warlords of Draenor purchase

I was looking forward to purchasing WoD expansion until the price kind of stunned me, bit harsh in comparison to how much previous ones cost. As far as im aware the versions which can be bought on Blizzard's official sites(EU and US) are retail prices?
    So i wonder if any of you have bought expansions from other legit web sites, perhaps cheaper, and after entering the code successfully downloaded and played the appropriate expansion and if there are any trustworthy/legit 3rd party(i hope that's correct?) sites...is it wroth it? I willl be in need of EU version.
    Silly to ask or not id really like to know.

Thanks in advance

G2A.com is legit.

I didnt buy my WoD there but I did buy the Diablo 3 expansion there and it worked fine.

Deleted
    To be fair, you do get the level 90 boost included. Worth it for the extra cost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeaditeGroove View Post
    To be fair, you do get the level 90 boost included. Worth it for the extra cost.
    I know, but realistically i have no use for that boost, to actually enjoy and understand a character i need to start from scratch..from lvl1, so basically that boosted 90 would stay inactive on a realm for years, or it would take up a slot and eventually deleted, as i tend to be a bit of an alt-oholic ;p
    G2A.com is legit.

I didnt buy my WoD there but I did buy the Diablo 3 expansion there and it worked fine.
    I'll look it up and see, thanks and cheers ;p

Perhaps more ppl can post something more..sure i could just google it, but there is no telling which sites can be trusted.
    Last edited by mmoc5db6657c6c; 2014-11-11 at 10:37 PM.

Deleted
    Its only like 40 euro on Amazon, + Isn't black friday coming up in america? Surly its on sale somewhere?

G2A has it for like $35-40 USD last I checked a few days ago. but prices fluctuate daily. I've bought probably around 25-30 games from there and never had an issue. They had a CRAZY sale on WoW 60 day game cards a few months ago for only $14.99 (half price).

If you buy anything from there make sure you buy the US/EU or wherever you're from version.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    G2A has it for like $35-40 USD last I checked a few days ago. but prices fluctuate daily. I've bought probably around 25-30 games from there and never had an issue. They had a CRAZY sale on WoW 60 day game cards a few months ago for only $14.99 (half price).

If you buy anything from there make sure you buy the US/EU or wherever you're from version.
    only for 14.99? damn that cheap as hell ;p Anyway, i didn't know about the g2a, never bought anything there, if the prices change evry day then i guess i need to check often and catch the right moment ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    I never really understood people complaining about WoW xpac costs. Even when I was a poor as fuck college student, if I wanted something like WoW, I'd just spend the money and take it easy for a few weeks, go on the $2 diet or whatever (where no meal can cost more than $2. Great for weight loss too). Honestly, the cost per hour of entertainment on these games is ridiculously cheap.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I never really understood people complaining about WoW xpac costs. Even when I was a poor as fuck college student, if I wanted something like WoW, I'd just spend the money and take it easy for a few weeks, go on the $2 diet or whatever (where no meal can cost more than $2. Great for weight loss too). Honestly, the cost per hour of entertainment on these games is ridiculously cheap.
    So you would divert your food costs, for a video game?

Eh, everyone has different priorities I guess.

Btw, what is "the $2 diet"? Ramen and water 3 times a day?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    So you would divert your food costs, for a video game?

Eh, everyone has different priorities I guess.

Btw, what is "the $2 diet"? Ramen and water 3 times a day?
    I had a few tactics. Ramen was one, yeah. I could have like 8 chicken nuggets with some barbecue sauce was another. Half an order of cheese fries from the cheesesteak place across the street was another($3.75, but it made 2 meals). A child's pasta from my workplace, which was $2 after employee discount. A couple corn dogs. There was other stuff too.

Nothing healthy, but it doesn't need to be when you're eating 1600 calories a day.

As for the video game, going from spending $20/day on food to $6/day meant that the game would be paid for in under a week and I could go back to normal eating.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    man its rlly expensive tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure how people complain about the price either. It's ~$10. You were going to buy the game anyway, even if it was the same as the others. How does a once every two year purchase of $10 make or break anything?

While I don't see the price increase justified, I don't see how it might be deemed 'too expensive', outside of the moral statement of "I don't want to buy this because I don't want to encourage price hikes later"

But if you can't afford $50, you probably can't afford $40, anyway. And if you can afford $40, you can probably afford $50.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    I bought the D3 and ROS bundle from G2A, i saved about £15 doing so.

That said, i bought WOD from Blizzard itself.

Deleted
    I for one, find the 10 euro difference rather large in comparison to previous expacks, mostly because its a subscription based game, which alone sums up into a huge amount of money over the years.The game is awesome and badass, but those are only pixels. In my case, if i can get the expack cheaper by 5 or 10 euros then ill use the opportunity by any means necessary. Its not about being poor or rich, although with my country's economy 45 euros for a game upgrade seems insane, anyhow its simply my current situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game has been around for 10 years. Inflation exists. The monthly sub should be above $20 right now to match the value of the $15 it was at launch. That Blizzard has only increased the expansion cost seems pretty consumer friendly.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krucins25 View Post
    I for one, find the 10 euro difference rather large in comparison to previous expacks, mostly because its a subscription based game, which alone sums up into a huge amount of money over the years.
    That actually makes the $10 difference even less.

It's the difference between 352 and 362 over two years. A 3% difference, or an additional 40 cents a month.

Again, I don't think the increase is warranted, but still can't see how it can possibly be a deciding factor in anything financially.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Wow really isn't as cheap as people often make it out to be, especially compared to other games.

Sure, if you play alot, a mmo is hard to beat on a dollar per hour basis.

But if your budget for games (or even entertainment in general) each month is say 50 dollars, then suddenly 15 dollars for a subscribtion is a pretty large chunk of that. So it's only really a good deal is you are not interested in other games.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2014-11-14 at 12:35 AM.

WoD was up for $39 on G2A.com yesterday which is the same price as previous expansions. Just make sure you get a working code lol.

I got it last night off the blizzard store for $53 and than woke up with a email saying I was refunded the $53 But I still have WoD...lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    WoD was up for $39 on G2A.com yesterday which is the same price as previous expansions. Just make sure you get a working code lol.
    Nick, is that you?