Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

The Iron Horde DOES travel in time.

By visiting some topics on the forum it has come to my attention that people still has problems undertanding the story.

The problem is that some people believe that he waited 35 years to travel to our Azeroth after he went back in time to Alternative Draenor. This is not only wrong, but raises a lot of inconsistencies with the story:

- Garrosh and all Warlords would be around 60 years old, probably the age of our Saurfang. Yet, they look like they are in their prime, and Garrosh looks exactly as we see him during SoO.

- Garrosh doesn't know the concept of "patience", he even killed Kairoz after they arrived on Draenor because he didn't wanted to wait months to infiltrate the Warsong Clan as Kairoz suggested (and also because he didn't want to be anyone's pawn).

- We can see Kairoz's body on Draenor while questing.

- I find pretty hard to believe that the Iron Horde waited 30 something years to start any conflict with the Draenei on Alternative Draenor, or for the Draenei to survive for that long.

- Also, I find hard to believe that the Burning Legion (which is heavily active mid-way through the first content story) waited 30 something years to respond to this "random" orc who messed up their plans.

- It has been stated by several Blue Tweets that Garrosh and Grom spent several months forming the Iron Horde before opening the portal to our Azeroth. Sadly I don't have the time to look for all the back up, but here's one Blue tweet: http://prntscr.com/55h3rv <- "It did split (the timeline) when Garrosh arrived. He's been there for at least several months before they open the portal to Azeroth." (here is the link to the mmo-c post having this blue tweet.)
    ^ I have to clarify that this tweet answer to a time splitting Draenor question. Though the reason I linked it is for the second part of the tweet, which mentions the time Garrosh spends on Draenor before opening the portal.

- How Garrosh managed to travel both in time and in reality? Using the shard of time he stole from Kairoz, that shard gave him the power to travel from whatever timeline and reality to our (and only ours) Azeroth. (You can read about this in Hellscream's short story on the official WoW site).

I'm sorry if I can't post more back up for this but I really don't have the time, maybe people can help me.

I hope I cleared some stuff guys

See ya all on thursday!
    Last edited by frangeek; 2014-11-12 at 03:05 AM.

I suggest using the spoiler tag here, as some of the content in this (i.e. points 2+3) contains information from a still to be released game - some of which people wont want to know and will want to play/find out themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    - Garrosh and all Warlords would be around 60 years old, probably the age of our Saurfang. Yet, they look like they are in their prime, and Garrosh looks exactly as we see him during SoO.
    Because time travel is being used like an object. So Time travel is objectified(OPPRESSION) Seriously though the idea that 35 years passed is well dumb.

- Garrosh doesn't know the concept of "patience", he even killed Kairoz after they arrived on Draenor because he didn't wanted to wait months to infiltrate the Warsong Clan (and also because he didn't want to be anyone's pawn).
    This is correct so I have no issue. He's a stubborn mofo and a bit of a fool but I don't blame him for not wanting to be a pawn.

It has been stated by several Blue Tweets that Garrosh and Grom spent several months forming the Iron Horde before opening the portal to our Azeroth. Sadly I don't have the time to look for all the back up, but here's one Blue tweet: http://prntscr.com/55h3rv <- "It did split (the timeline) when Garrosh arrived. He's been there for at least several months before they open the portal to Azeroth." (here is the link to the mmo-c post having this blue tweet.)

So roughly almost a year to do what they did. and if anything this expansion isn't time traveling. It's more like a very nerfed version of DC Infinite Crisis but very different and with Warcraft. I'd argue the confusion is mostly because people simply cannot comprehend it. I'd also argue Blizz probably should of mentioned it better but I digress.

- How Garrosh managed to travel both in time and in reality? Using the shard of time he stole from Kairoz, that shard give him the power to travel from whatever timeline and reality to our Azeroth. (You can read about this in Hellscream's short story on the official WoW site).
    That shard yes. I wouldn't be surprised if Garrosh had other time altering objects to his advantage.

Inbefore Trassk comes to trash Warcraft again.

So really this expansion is....well it's awesome but the way people react to it makes me wonder how they can understand some comic book stuff.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

2 & 3 aren't spoilers if you read the short story which has been available online for months
    But yeah, he's been there probably 2-5 years but not 35.

So if he can travel in time at wish, why didn't he travel another time since he already now that he will lose in WOD ?
    Last edited by Schmilblick; 2014-11-12 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    So if he can travel in time at wish, why didn't travel another time since he already now that he will lose in WOD ?
    Because he can't.
    He murdered the guy who knew how to use the shard properly because he didn't want to go along with his harebrained "let's visit every AU" plan, now all he can do is use the fragment of the Hourglass of Time he has to return to the timeline he left.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    So if he can travel in time at wish, why didn't travel another time since he already now that he will lose in WOD ?
    Mainly because the entire reason he wanted to travel back to Azeroth is to get revenge from what happened in Pandaria. Basically, Garrosh "The Stubborn King" Hellscream.

Also, because that Shard of Time is linked ONLY to our Azeroth.
    Last edited by frangeek; 2014-11-12 at 12:17 AM.

Deleted
    Kind of depends how you look at it, doesn't it?

From our Azeroth and lore point of view, how much time was there between Garrosh escaping and his Iron Horde returning to invade us? (Opening of the red dark portal on our side). If the answer is 0, then his Iron Horde indeed traveled through time.

If the answer is ~1 year or something, the same time Garrosh needed to get his shit in order on Draenor and built (finish?) the new portal then technically they didn't travel through time, since the same time passed on our Azeroth side as Garrosh's Draenor side. They are just using the same connection between our worlds that Garrosh/Kairoz opened when he escaped.

I am working under the assumption that alternate realities exist in a different (higher) dimension than time. So even though a connection is created between 2 different alternate realities (our azeroth, a 35 year ago draenor), no (explicit) time travel has occured.

But again, depends on how you look at it. I am sure some people will consider alternate realities and time travel to exist in the same dimension and that is fine too

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    2 & 3 aren't spoilers if you read the short story which has been available online for months
    But yeah, he's been there probably 2-5 years but not 35.
    It's still spoilery (for those who don't read the short stories), as it's also in-game content which is playable.

It's always a nice gesture to use spoiler tags for something that's playable in-game which is potentially ruinable for those who enjoy the experience (which the OP clearly knows that it is via. point 3).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Owenm View Post
    It's still spoilery (for those who don't read the short stories), as it's also in-game content which is playable.

It's always a nice gesture to use spoiler tags for something that's playable in-game which is potentially ruinable for those who enjoy the experience (which the OP clearly knows that it is via. point 3).
    I'll put a tag right away

Quote Originally Posted by frangeek View Post
    :3 ty.

(I wasn't trying to cause an argument FYI or use it as flamebait, I was just maybe hinting that spoiler tags should be used as it's still to be release in-game content XD I don't mind, I like spoilers, but I know some don't D: )

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Because time travel is being used like an object. So Time travel is objectified(OPPRESSION) Seriously though the idea that 35 years passed is well dumb.

This is correct so I have no issue. He's a stubborn mofo and a bit of a fool but I don't blame him for not wanting to be a pawn.

So roughly almost a year to do what they did. and if anything this expansion isn't time traveling. It's more like a very nerfed version of DC Infinite Crisis but very different and with Warcraft. I'd argue the confusion is mostly because people simply cannot comprehend it. I'd also argue Blizz probably should of mentioned it better but I digress.

That shard yes. I wouldn't be surprised if Garrosh had other time altering objects to his advantage.

Inbefore Trassk comes to trash Warcraft again.

So really this expansion is....well it's awesome but the way people react to it makes me wonder how they can understand some comic book stuff.
    Yeah, I think I can thank my comic book passion for not having a problem to understand the alternate reality/time travel stuff =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frangeek View Post
    You didn't actually put in spoiler tags, you just wrote spoiler in front of it.

[spoiler]You need to do this with spoiler also written after the forward slash [/]
    Example
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    You didn't actually put in spoiler tags, you just wrote spoiler in front of it.

[spoiler]You need to do this with spoiler also written after the forward slash [/]
    Example
    Sorry, kinda new to forums and such =P!

7+ Year Old Account
    There's nothing new here. This isn't spoilers. This should be common knowledge to ANYONE who watched the cinematic. Heck, it should be common knowledge to anyone that hasn't been living under a rock since Blizzcon LAST year.

That is an interesting connection.

They must've then switched the story from what they announced at Blozzcon when WoD was announced as I believe they did mention he was building it up over years. I guess they came up with your point number 1.

Now theoretically they could've done it that way, going back years and waiting years, but they aren't. They could've done it that way using since time literally is relative. Though of course that would make many of the stories odd. (Age of warlords, how Draenei survived, etc.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    There's nothing new here. This isn't spoilers. This should be common knowledge to ANYONE who watched the cinematic. Heck, it should be common knowledge to anyone that hasn't been living under a rock since Blizzcon LAST year.
    I'm pretty sure at Blizzcon last year they said he spent years building it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Pretty sure the dark portal is like a door though space and time now and they jump into our universe, which is 35 years in the future.

Yes, that's true. The confusion comes in that I believe at last year's Blizzcon they said Garrosh spent years building the Iron Horde war machine.

And that clearly is not the case anymore.
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Pretty sure the dark portal is like a door though space and time now and they jump into our universe, which is 35 years in the future.
    The problem with the OP post. If you went 35 years into the past, that is where Garrosh landed. Not that it took 35 years for Garrosh to build it up. It took him only couple of years to build up the Iron Horde.

So Garrosh lands in the past, 35 years ago. Does his thing, and now it's 30 years ago, in the past. But where he connects the Iron Horde Portal, is the same year when he left.

So he leaves, couple of minutes go by on our end, and boom the Iron Horde rampage through the Blasted Lands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    The problem with the OP post. If you went 35 years into the past, that is where Garrosh landed. Not that it took 35 years for Garrosh to build it up. It took him only couple of years to build up the Iron Horde.

So Garrosh lands in the past, 35 years ago. Does his thing, and now it's 30 years ago, in the past. But where he connects the Iron Horde Portal, is the same year when he left.

So he leaves, couple of minutes go by on our end, and boom the Iron Horde rampage through the Blasted Lands.
    That's what it used to be, look at the tweet though. They changed the story. (Probably because trying to explain relativity in a game isn't the most ideal place)