View Poll Results: Is alpha male lifestyle under attack?

Voters
154. This poll is closed
  • Yes, men and/or alpha males are under attack.

49 31.82%
  • No, men and/or alpha males aren't under attack.

90 58.44%
  • Undecided.

15 9.74%
Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Do you think that men and alpha male lifestyle is under attack by radicals?

I used to think that "men's rights" was pretty silly, but to be fair, I also think modern feminism is silly too. These past few months I have come to notice that men's rights and male culture in general seems to come under attack constantly from radical feminists. It doesn't really bother me that some women don't want car doors open for them and stuff like that, but it does bother me when I see alpha male lifestyle being attacked.

A prime example of alpha male lifestyle being attacked by radical feminists is the gradual move by these groups to ban cigars and firearms. Another example is that the term "gamer" (which can apply to both genders) is being given a bad name. Not only that, but anyone who dares stand up for our allies (Israel and Ukraine) is immediately called a "chauvinist pig." Strength and fairness seem to be viewed as weaknesses by these people.

Do you believe that men and/or alpha male lifestyle is under attack?
    Last edited by Nakura Chambers; 2014-11-12 at 05:44 AM.

Oh no, you again. I think what you are saying is completely random and makes no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    I used to think that "men's rights" was pretty silly, but to be fair, I also think modern feminism is silly too. These past few months I have come to notice that men's rights and male culture in general seems to come under attack constantly from radical feminists. It doesn't really bother me that some women don't want car doors open for them and stuff like that, but it does bother me when I see alpha male lifestyle being attacked.

A prime example of alpha male lifestyle being attacked by radical feminists is the gradual move by these groups to ban cigars and firearms. Not only that, but anyone who dares stand up for our allies (Israel and Ukraine) is immediately called a "chauvinist pig." Meanwhile, beta males like President Obama are hailed as heroes for practicing the politics of appeasement. Strength and fairness seem to be viewed as weaknesses by these people.

Do you believe that men and/or alpha male lifestyle is under attack?
    I believe you have a strange view of how "Beta" and "Alpha" social constructs work, if a bloke is in charge of the most powerful nation on earth he's probably more of an alpha...

Also, tobacco and fire-arms are health and safety issues, Ukraine and Israel are political; none of those issues are gender related and anyone calling you a chauvinist for expressing opinions on them is likely confused.

Cite sources for your statements?
    In a world of deceit, open your eyes.

Just so we all know where OP stands...

10+ Year Old Account
    As an alpha, there is no way I can agree. The world is my oyster...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if your original hypothesis had merit, I doubt you'll find anyone that can follow your train of thought. I tried valiantly, but couldn't find either the station nor the tracks

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I believe you have a strange view of how "Beta" and "Alpha" social constructs work, if a bloke is in charge of the most powerful nation on earth he's probably more of an alpha...
    Our current president is a beta male who is weak both at home and abroad. The whole reason Putin is doing any of this is because he knows Obama is weak and won't do anything.

There is a lot of slave morality going around, so ya wealth and strength are seen as bad.

As far as strength specifically, there are some sports that are arguably under attack. Sports that typically involve alpha male types, such as football. I don't just mean the NFL, a lot of schools are seeing football as too harsh for modern society.

15+ Year Old Account
    Being a dick might be "under attack" but not being an alpha male. Just because you're a take charge kind of guy doesn't mean that you have to a) look down on those who aren't as some kind of inferior personality type or b) behave like a psychopath in general.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

That's an awful lot of nonsensical whining for a supposed "Alpha"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exac View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vGHx8cu.gif[IMG]
    Just so we all know where OP stands...
    thank you for revealing the truth about OPs feminist hating ways

Our current president is a beta male who is weak both at home and abroad. The whole reason Putin is doing any of this is because he knows Obama is weak and won't do anything.
    "Alpha" denotes a position in a hierarchy, President of the U.S. scores quite highly in that regard. The situation with Putin goes beyond grunting and posing to see who gets first dibs on the available lady parts and ties in with economic, military and political matters.

"Alpha" denotes a position in a hierarchy, President of the U.S. scores quite highly in that regard. The situation with Putin goes beyond grunting and posing to see who gets first dibs on the available lady parts and ties in with economic, military and political matters.
    Nobody in this thread is referring to animal sociology, but alpha and beta male roles from a cultural perspective.

Yes it's slightly true, however MMO-C is beta max so expect them to tell you no and be subservient.

Ah, now I understand you reasoning. Beta = reasonable, alpha = penis comparison.

Nobody in this thread is referring to animal sociology, but alpha and beta male roles from a cultural perspective.
    Leader of the most powerful nation on the planet would be considered an "alpha" position from a cultural perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't bitching about your state of being, automatically remove you from being an alpha? Can you imagine an alpha male whining about feminists?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Of course Obama is more beta male than alpha male. That is how he wants it though. He wouldn't of been elected if he was an alpha male type.

Leader of the most powerful nation on the planet would be considered an "alpha" position from a cultural perspective.
    Not really, since it doesn't take into account the office holder's personality.