Here's one I came up with over on the subreddit. Mostly word-for-word and focuses more on gameplay.
Real Name: Keri Dyre
Base of Operations: None
Description: A mage-type character that wields water/ice.
Attacks & Abilities:
Torrent [M1] - Single water projectiles that arc slightly. Similar to Zenyatta's M1. Low-ish damage.
Arctic Bite [M2] - A shotgun-type blast of ice shards. Short range, slow fire rate. Medium to very high damage based on distance.
Surf [SHIFT] - A "ride the waves" travel ability. Surf on a visible patch of generated water for a short distance. Turn direction with mouse. Causes knockback. Low damage. Can combo with Torrent and Arctic Bite.
Boiling Geyser [E] - Create a geyser of boiling water at target location. Initial eruption causes damage and throws enemies skyward. Touching the geyser at any point inflicts a damage over time condition. Geyser is active for 5 seconds.
Winter's Sanctuary [Q] - Shroud the surrounding area in a large but calm blizzard. Vision is slightly lowered. Enemies that enter the blizzard are slowed and take damage over time. Allies in the blizzard slowly regenerate health. Lasts 8 seconds.
Playstyle: The intent here is to have a character that excels in defense but doesn't necessarily need to be a stationary powerhouse to do it. Instead, much of River's defense comes in the form of placeable area denial and disrupting enemy approach. Can deal very high damage up close and is rewarded for combining skills, but mostly focuses on applying DoT and keeping enemies away.
- Torrent is a standard attack.
- Arctic Bite is there largely to serve as the high damage ability. Decent on its own, but can also be fired at any point during the Surf animation, allowing River to close a gap, deal a big blow, and then knock them back. Requires timing to pull off - executing Arctic Bite just before they get knocked back is crucial.
- Surf can only be activated on the ground. Its use is to close short gaps rather than give a defensive hero too much mobility. Knockback promotes point defense and disruption.
- Boiling Geyser goes a long way in objective protection. Meant to deter enemy approach, this is another ability that opens juggle opportunities by causing a launch effect. Beyond that, it's an AoE that applies DoT.
- Winter's Sancutary is a tricky one. I wanted a defensive ability that also matched River's style. It covers a slightly larger area than Winston's shield but doesn't actually act like a shield. Enemies can fire into the shroud but allies regen slowly. Enemies inside are slowed very slightly and take a stronger DoT than from Boiling Geyser. Can be summoned on a point or in a choke to disrupt and deter enemy activity.