Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ghost iron ore currently, people are lazy and now that ghost iron ore can be used to level from 1-600 BS people have been buying it up like crazy. Also trillium really well in single pieces.

I am not a hardcore gold farmer but I do save all my money and selling ore usually brings me about 15-20k a week. I send anything above my 10k limit over to my bank alt. this gets it out of my mind and if it is out of my mind I am not inclined to spend it which has allowed my little bank alt to amass quite a hefty sum of gold meaning as soon as I hit endgame in woD I will be able to get the enchants I need, buy the new dark moon trinket and still have enough gold to help my guild mates do the same lol.

Mind you as of tonight, WoD ore will replace pandaria ore and that will become my new money maker also the chance for a new pet from mining means a chance for a few extra thousand gold any time I go farming in WoD.

Deleted
    Made ~1 million gold during MoP by buying TCG stuff IRL and then selling it on the AH. Was pretty lucrative before my server got merged with two bigger ones.
    Other than that, I just took some opportunities, like selling Warlock quest books for 80k during the first few days.

Never could be bothered to play the AH or try making a profit through crafting stuff.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2014-11-12 at 06:06 PM.

Loot everything, vendor greens 18g+ and grays items, stockpile all mats and usable items, run Heroic 25 DS, ICC, Ulduar, firelands. Have alts with as many max professions as possible to avoid having to buy mats/items or tip other players to make stuff for you. Kill pandaria rares for mats. Farm spirits on ranch to trade for mats or make your own items. Also R.I.P. cash flows : 22k gold gained over 5 months offline.

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    You can send pets across realms, but what about the gold?
    Most pets go for about equal, so just send a few equal pets over, sell at the other realm, profit. Buy pets that are cheap on that realm and send em over to your mains realm and sell for huge profit.

Deleted
    Obviously the best habit to 'make' gold is to stop buying expensive stuff and things you don't need.

If you are low on gold, you really shouldn't buy all the mounts and pets, and do you really NEED to have max professions on every character?
    Yes, it is useful to have every profession at the max level, but levelling each profession costs a lot of gold. So unless you know how to make gold with that profession it's probably not a very good idea.

Making gold isn't very hard either, I mean you can easily solo old dungeons and raids for some easy gold.
    Some Cataclysm raid bosses drop 125 gold each + loot on heroic, Blackwing Descent alone gave me 1250+ gold each week from 5 bosses (couldn't do Nefarian easily).
    Apart from that, sell as much of your items on the AH as possible, get an AH addon if you don't have any to make it way easier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Made ~1 million gold during MoP by buying TCG stuff IRL and then selling it on the AH. Was pretty lucrative before my server got merged with two bigger ones.
    Other than that, I just took some opportunities, like selling Warlock quest books for 80k during the first few days.

Never could be bothered to play the AH or try making a profit through crafting stuff.
    What TCG sets work best with this? Or could I just buy any set?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of habits though, hold onto everything, but don't hoard. Send it all to an alt and once a month d/e'd it or whatever you can and sell it on the AH.

You can try gathering professions or farming, but for my millions I've always been a fan of no manual labor, I just don't enjoy it. With exception to setting up macros and addons, playing the AH takes almost no effort if you have professions built out. You spam a macro endlessly while watching a movie on a second screen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SubAutumn View Post
    What TCG sets work best with this? Or could I just buy any set?
    I just bought specific pets/mounts on eBay - those that had the best cash/gold ratio on my server (which of course can vary).