10+ Year Old Account

Which class works best as a support role? Non-healer specs

Basically, a class/spec that can do a little bit of everything in a fight. Doesn't necessarily need to be able to toss out heals, but needs to be able to support allies decently. Seems like Ret/Prot pallies or Enh/Ele shammies are the best bet here. Are there other classes or specs I'm missing?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Ninthelora View Post
    Ferals/Boomkins
    This. I'd easily say Boomkin.

I think ret does amazing at support. We can cleanse diseases and poisons, (we can remove all slow/root affects from ourselves) we have hand of protection for physical immunity to our allies, hand of freedom to help our allies escape, hand of sacrifice to reduce their damage by 30% if they are under extreme fire. Ret can use all those abilities twice if they spec into the talent that lets them do so and they all have short cool downs.

Further ret has good heals through the use of their talents. Selfless healer gives potently decent quick flash of light heals, word of glory heals if we want to sacrifice damage to heal an ally, and we can use our level 90 talents to either heal or do damage (or both depending on the talent). Further, if things get really nasty and both ourselves and allies are in a lot of danger, we can bubble ourselves to make ourselves immune and heal our allies to full. Lastly, we have lay on hands as a another cooldown. One lay on hands used on someone about to die = full health bar instantly.

Ret's defensive support is incredible, in my opinion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Ferals/Boomkins and probably ret paladins. Shamans are in a weird place now apparently...

The answer to this always used to be Ret Paladin or Enhancement Shaman. What happened to Enhance? - other than the ridiculous tremor totem nerf...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromium View Post
    The answer to this always used to be Ret Paladin or Enhancement Shaman. What happened to Enhance? - other than the ridiculous tremor totem nerf...
    what do you remember Enhance for in MoP? That huge burst window?

take that away and you have something quite forgettable

Enhance is quite broken imo

Quote Originally Posted by Bromium View Post
    I would guess that all they really have is a single target heal that takes away from their damage. It's not like healing stream does much of anything now, and while maybe with the Ancestral Guidance talent you might get something, but other than that, they don't have as much as a ret paladin could do I would think, only real advantage off the top of my head is AoE root/snare, but I don't see that as a huge advantage over the fact that ret can get a single target snare(Actually, they might of taken this out, I forget), reliable stun, good single target healing that's slower, and I mean...if you really want the AoE root, Light's Hammer could work.

I might be missing a lot here though.

Shamans are kind of shit atm. Elemental has decent off healing but enhance is kinda broke. A lot of stuff has been removed from the shamans toolkit. The class as a whole has been on the backburner of blizzard's agenda for a long time now. Druid/pal is the way to go atm.
    Last edited by SuperomegaOP; 2014-11-12 at 08:02 PM.