Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why US launch is later than EU?

Why isnt expansion launch same time every where? US has to wait 9 hours after EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do WOW patches come first on US..

cwhatididthar?

10+ Year Old Account
    I look at it like 9 hours of beta testing. If something goes bad the EU has to deal with it and hopefully it gets hot fixed by the time we go live :P

13 November is earlier in EU and they want midnight release woudl be my guess

Quote Originally Posted by Msi View Post
    Why do WOW patches come first on US..

cwhatididthar?
    Yea, we always have to wait a full day after the US gets new patches. so screw you guys :P

Deleted
    My best guess is that midnight is the best time for a release for their servers, most people need to work the day after and can't stay up for all that long, whilst those who can gets their chance at getting ahead of everyone else. It spreads out the pressure that is already really high on the servers, and makes it easier to handle in overall.

If it released in the US at the same time as midnight in Europe, it would release at 15:00, when lots more people are able to storm the server. If it released at US midnight and at the same time in the EU, it would be released 09:00 here, and we would again have lots more people who would try to log in all at the same time.

Bringing them up at midnight is most likely the best for everyone, and you'll simply have to deal with being 9 hours behind.
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2014-11-12 at 11:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont see why they dont just release it at the same time world wide. Its not like anyone who was going to be playing it past midnight wouldnt be playing it for the next 18 hrs anyway.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Windcraft View Post
    Why isnt expansion launch same time every where? US has to wait 9 hours after EU.
    Why do most games get released multiple days earlier in the US than in the EU? DA:I Nov 18th US - Nov 21th EU or in WoW terms: Patches always come first in the US.

I think that you guys in the US won´t die in these 9 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    US might get patches first but the hype of expac launches is fkn real!

doesnt it also release even sooner in asia? or do they have release on another day?

Dont worry, when the end of the world comes, we will die 9 hours earlier than you.

7+ Year Old Account
    "Testing" the launch during the lower player periods (and when people have the easy "eff it, I'll sleep" thought)
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Because WoD is released on the 13th not the 12th. Simple logic really

Time difference. Thursday 00:00 GMT/CET is sooner than Thursday 00:00 PST. Therefore, our Thursday comes first, we get it first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    doesnt it also release even sooner in asia? or do they have release on another day?
    They release a week after
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

launch= 12:00 am, of a central time of the region, blame the earths shape and position to the sun for it being 12:00 am (or 0:00 as i'm used to calling it) earlyer here then in the US.

Also on the patch day thingy, blizz made tuesday your reset days, wednessday for europe and thursday for asian servers, probably to shift workload and allow for issue to be fixed during eu/asian maintainances when they occur in US. So while you get every single content update apart from the xpack earlyer, EU gets the xpac itself 9h before you do.

Wouldn't complain in your shoes, would gladly have had it the other way around as it offset the balance for quite a few world 1st becouse servers simply weren't up yet here and US allready killed the (heroic) bosses in that time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I dont see why they dont just release it at the same time world wide. Its not like anyone who was going to be playing it past midnight wouldnt be playing it for the next 18 hrs anyway.
    Unless they work nights and took a day off.

If they launched the expansion at exactly the same time in all regions, they would not have enough manpower to take care of all the issues like server crashes and bugs and everything would be one big mess.

If any bugs or other issues appear in EU launch, they got 9 hours to fix it and make sure it won't happen again in the US, so US actually get a better launch experience.

Also, midnight releases = less stress on the servers. Imagine an expansion launch at 8pm.
    Last edited by rinleezwins; 2014-11-12 at 11:23 AM.

Mists of Pandaria

Couldn't find official statements for the ones before it, but I've been at midnight releases in EU since WotLK, and they've been on the same date as US, even if US is 9 hours behind us.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    It's because of that thing you did that one time. We know. (source)

Quote Originally Posted by Serzha View Post
    Mists of Pandaria

Couldn't find official statements for the ones before it, but I've been at midnight releases in EU since WotLK, and they've been on the same date as US, even if US is 9 hours behind us.
    North and Latin American realms - 12:00 a.m. PDT, September 25
    European realms - 12:00 a.m. CEST, September 25

EU MoP launched 9 hours before US, just like WoD is launching now.

EDIT: I think I misunderstood what your point was.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengiratolom View Post
    launch= 12:00 am, of a central time of the region, blame the earths shape and position to the sun for it being 12:00 am (or 0:00 as i'm used to calling it) earlyer here then in the US.
    It's USA's fault for not having Australia's position on the time zone map. ^^

---

And yes, it's nice to be able to start playing at midnight, no matter where you are in the world. That someone halfway across the world is able to play 9 hours before you doesn't matter in the long run, and you'll forget about it quick - we can't even tease you about it on Battle.net! That's what we do with patches all the time, just forget about the time difference. It doesn't matter when everyone we can play with has access the same time as us.
    Last edited by Zindai; 2014-11-12 at 11:40 AM.