Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I know there are people who can get 2 days off work, and they do that. Do not underestimate nerdism, lol.
    2 days? I took off work until Nov 21st.
    (Might get some sleep sometime between launch and Nov 21st though)

Quote Originally Posted by Windcraft View Post
    Why isnt expansion launch same time every where? US has to wait 9 hours after EU.
    been that way for 4 previous expansions and now the 5th expansion too, one of the reasons blizzard finally removed "world first" achieves. no one else ever had a shot other than if you had a EU account.

if you do a search on world first 70 (prior to achieves), 80, 85, and 90, you will see they are all EU. first 100 will be EU
    Last edited by pinkz; 2014-11-12 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    been that way for 5 expansions, one of the reasons blizzard finally removed "world first" achieves. no one else ever had a shot other than if you had a EU account.

if you do a search on world first 70 (prior to achieves), 80, 85, and 90, you will see they are all EU. first 100 will be EU
    So it's okay for US to get the mythic raids opened a day earlier than EU, but it's not okay for the EU to get world firsts once in a few years when expansion launches...

Deleted
    Why isnt expansion launch same time every where? US has to wait 9 hours after EU.

Midnight release. ? ? ?

And US get everything first normally.

Because the sun rises in the east. Sorry Murica. /thread
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Deleted
    It has to be staggered because of timezones, otherwise it would launch in the middle of the day in one place. The reason they like midnight launches is because it greatly reduces the initial stress on the servers as some will wait until the next morning while those who stay up will have gone to bed by then. If the entire player base tried to play at launch, it would explode.

my god.... this americans always scared coming to short....

Deleted
    Amerifats get every content patch few hours before EU. We get expansions few hours before them.

Evens out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    Because WoD is released on the 13th not the 12th. Simple logic really
    Technically it comes out on the 12th here in the UK servers launch WoD at 12:00am game time, meaning 11:00pm UK time.

OT: you fellows over in the US get patches first, so we're kinda even, I guess.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Deleted
    Right, the earth spins round on it axis, which means Thursday starts earlier in some places than others, its why we have time zones.

So 00:00 Thursday is earlier in the Eu than in the US.

Now, we can ask the earth to spin the other way to cater to self entitled Americans, but I dont fancy your chances of getting it to happen.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alphahunter View Post
    my god.... this americans always scared coming to short....
    I´m still mad that Americans get most games a couple of days earlier than we poor EU guys. I think it evens out.

9 hours are nothing compared to 3 days earlier for the US with Dragon Age.

Deleted
    well muricans gets wod raids first

15+ Year Old Account
    I wrote this as an answer in a commentfield on the news at the frontpage.
    Cos they want(need) to release it at midnight. Enough people will be awake at midnight during a launch to login test the stability/possibly unnoticed game breaking bugs and (crash the servers) and give BLZ the time to hopefully tweek and fix such issues BEFORE the majority logs in ie. after school/work.

It make zero sense at all to have it released at any other time than midnight. World first pff, those charts can be adjusted to fulfill the need for e-peen fairness. All that matter is that BLZ get the maximum ammount of time to deal with the unforseen before the majority of players log in
    Hopefully timezones doesnt need an explanation as well.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Idon't wanna be a ginaepig! that's what the states are for!

Explanation:

The earth is round - if it's day in USA, it's already night in Europe. If you want a midnight release on both continents - Europe is 9 hours earlier (6-12 hours from east to west coast usa compared to western and eastern europe). EU is living in the future compared to USA.

It's 0:51 PM (12:51) here now.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2014-11-12 at 11:51 AM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    I´m still mad that Americans get most games a couple of days earlier than we poor EU guys. I think it evens out.

9 hours are nothing compared to 3 days earlier for the US with Dragon Age.
    Days might be a bit much if one really care but I do like US gets content patches before EU, then the US suffer all the hickups and usually most of them are fixed in the US and also applied in the EU before we get the content.

Sweet deal imo, US is our live "beta" tester
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Because Blizzard doesn't want to release a new expansion during prime gaming hours. Why? To reduce strain on servers and get as smooth as possible launch.

Deleted
    Because we are UTC + 1 and you are UTC -8

#dealwithit

Quote Originally Posted by Buljo View Post
    Because Blizzard doesn't want to release a new expansion during prime gaming hours. Why? To reduce strain on servers and get as smooth as possible launch.
    Or simply because the game releases on the 13th and not the 12th?

The answer is so simple, yet all the theories you guys come up with are crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have content patches been delayed further since WoTLK-days? I mean, back then we usually got the content patches one day after the US because they had maintenance on Tuesdays and we had them on Wednesdays. Then I think the ruby sanctum patch broke that pattern and delayed us an entire week from when the US got it. Have they continued doing that? I've been playing so casually since then I haven't noticed if so, so I'm curious.

But yeah "the earth is round, rotating and orbiting around the sun" is pretty much the answer to OP's question. Release date is the 13'th for both continents, and midnight events are well-established for this franchise.