Where to begin Warlords?

Where should you log off before WoD hits? Blasted Lands? Stormwind? Is there something you should train or grab before heading to Draenor? Oh, and a side question, can you do the introduction experience as a group?

10+ Year Old Account
    Personal preference really.
    There are those such as myself (at least on mains) that have a full slate of IoT/Klaxxi/SP dailies completed and ready for turn in so we're logged out either on the IoT or near the SP Garrison and then have a route planned out on getting to the Blasted Lands. Odds are a LOT of players will log out either in BL near the portal or in SW/Ogrimmar - at any rate be prepared for a sludgefest as far as FPS goes.

Monsem - Shadow Priest / Halimath - Prot Paladin / Groundchuk - Elemental Shaman
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Akshak View Post
    Personal preference really.
    There are those such as myself (at least on mains) that have a full slate of IoT/Klaxxi/SP dailies completed and ready for turn in so we're logged out either on the IoT or near the SP Garrison and then have a route planned out on getting to the Blasted Lands. Odds are a LOT of players will log out either in BL near the portal or in SW/Ogrimmar - at any rate be prepared for a sludgefest as far as FPS goes.
    Is there any reason to log out in SW over Blasted Lands if you're going there anyway?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really but some may just to try and get ahead of the rush - as I said personal preferences and we all know not everyone's mind works the same way (if it does at all).

Monsem - Shadow Priest / Halimath - Prot Paladin / Groundchuk - Elemental Shaman
    [/SIZE]

10+ Year Old Account
    Your professions aren't trained at trainers this time round. The gathering profs and secondary profs all come from books that drop and the crafting ones come quest rewards (or at least they did in the beta).
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

10+ Year Old Account
    That aspect I love - no more interrupting questing to find a trainer hub just so you can continue gathering.

[/SIZE]

10+ Year Old Account
    Stack up on 25/25 dailies and turn them in at launch. And if you're like me and prepared for this already a couple days ago, you might get to do a couple additional dailies... which is good because nobody wants to jump straight into the lagzone that is Draenor. Just 25 dailies will get you to 44% of level 90, I confirmed this in the beta.

I logged off in the Blasted Lands mainly because we had a huge RP event at the Dark Portal last night. Most likely where I am going to stay til Midnight when WoD releases.

Quote Originally Posted by meloreandor View Post
    I logged off in the Blasted Lands mainly because we had a huge RP event at the Dark Portal last night. Most likely where I am going to stay til Midnight when WoD releases.
    If you plan on going directly into Dreanor... then yeah.. log off in Blasted Lands... near Khadgar. You may not actually "need" to log off if you are planning on starting right at 12:00 PST, as it's likely no server restart is necessary... A quest "!" will appear at Midnight PST over Khadgar's head and off you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    If you plan on going directly into Dreanor... then yeah.. log off in Blasted Lands... near Khadgar. You may not actually "need" to log off if you are planning on starting right at 12:00 PST, as it's likely no server restart is necessary... A quest "!" will appear at Midnight PST over Khadgar's head and off you go.
    Its not that don't plan on going to Draenor on release date(In which I do, not sure if I would be up at 3:00 in the morning since I'm in EST) Its that if there is some stuff that I need to get done in game like gathering more gold before I hit Draenor I would probably do that and if I don't have any time left I would port and log out in Stormwind.

If you go to Blasted lands RIGHT now, you will see Khadgar standing there telling you he is almost ready to rock and roll.

Stand there.

Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2014-11-12 at 05:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or don't log off and just remain in game until it launches and the quest starts?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    If you go to Blasted lands RIGHT now, you will see Khadgar standing there telling you he is almost ready to rock and roll.

Stand there.

--snip---
    this is not yet the case on EU servers right now. so why is this the case on US and not yet on EU?

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    this is not yet the case on EU servers right now. so why is this the case on US and not yet on EU?
    No idea really, unless he vanishes at a certain point - which the US is not yet at ?