Disk Error Help if can please.

Hi, last night i was playing my computer just fine i shut down for the night to reboot this morning and i got a 1 second long blue screen

then computer restarted saying it failed to load windows.

i ran the start up repair it said it fixed some disk errors still got same problem. couldn't do a system image restore cause i never knew

how to set one up in the past when i first got windows 7.

should i pay up for windows 8 and set up a system image or would i run into the same problem? any help would be great thanks!

UPDATE / EDIT : got the computer to finally load window's and its up and running ( i was on my phone when i first typed this ). but

anyways if someone could still help me if i should get windows 8 or do something so it does not happen again would be great thank you

very much in advance ( in the meantime think ill leave my computer on and just set it to sleep mode lol until i know its fixxed before

rebooting fully. again help if u can and again thanks in advance :-)
    Last edited by Niellak; 2014-11-12 at 02:43 PM.

If you are able to use the computer, then possibly an easy issue to determine is a physical issue with the drive.
    Modern drives utilise an integrated monitoring system, and there are software tools able to read that information.
    My current choice is CrystalDiskInfo Portable @ PortableApps.com.

Using that tool myself flagged up issues with my drive a long time before it became largely unusable.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2014-11-12 at 02:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    If you are able to use the computer, then possibly an easy issue to determine is a physical issue with the drive.
    Modern drives utilise an integrated monitoring system, and there are software tools able to read that information.
    My current choice is CrystalDiskInfo Portable @ PortableApps.com.

Using that tool myself flagged up issues with my drive a long time before it became largely unusable.

thanks for quick responses guys i will check that website thanks if it is the HDD are those easily replaceable / cheap? or if its the HDD its more like ok screw it buy a new PC lol?

Edit : i dont' know what secor's mean for a computer * sorry im retarded when it comes to computer

stuff * but the health says * caution * and i adjusted the secor up and now the health says good?

should i not mess with the secor and set it back to default or?
    Last edited by Niellak; 2014-11-12 at 03:56 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you have bad sectors, your HDD is likely going to have more issues, not something to mess around with.

Do you have a backup drive (i.e. external backup drive)? If so, you can make a backup of your entire hard drive and then get a new one, or just image your current HDD to a new one. A new HDD is MUCH cheaper than a new computer ($50 compared to $500, if not more).

Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    If you have bad sectors, your HDD is likely going to have more issues, not something to mess around with.

Do you have a backup drive (i.e. external backup drive)? If so, you can make a backup of your entire hard drive and then get a new one, or just image your current HDD to a new one. A new HDD is MUCH cheaper than a new computer ($50 compared to $500, if not more).

so if say tomorrow or next week it won't load up at all i could just run to staples or any computer store and buy a new HDD ect.. and install

it? and should be ok? of course i would probably have to reinstall everything though right?

Pretty much, although you could also possibly make a direct copy of your current HDD with something like CloneZilla in order to avoid reinstalling at all. At this point, I'd recommend bribing a "knows computers" friend with pizza or beer or something.

Also, you need to know what kind of HDD your computer can take. If it's an older computer it may not support the modern SATA drives and you'd have to hunt down a drive with an IDE interface. On the other hand, many current motherboards have no IDE support at all, so it's something you have to get right.
    Last edited by Janaa; 2014-11-12 at 07:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.