Page 1 of 146
... LastLast

[Holy] Holy Sh*t!: Warlords Edition

Since beta is done and WoD launches tonight, it's time for a new megathread for all the WoD random thoughts, questions, theory.

This is that thing.

Beta megathread.
    Last edited by Lucyrotten; 2014-11-12 at 05:37 PM.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

Any holy paladins at 100 can shed some light on how we are doing in the dungeons?
    When the going gets tough.
    The tough start bubble hearthing!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...k/Afy/advanced of In progress- Kazzak!

Deleted
    So who are we forcing to make the 6.0 guide?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty well. Haven't been in any heroics yet, but I have had zero mana issues so far. I'm really happy with how healing feels like atm, even in low gear.
    Just use single target heals, and you'll be fine!
    Main & raiding character: Elchali, Holy Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Narsilon View Post
    So who are we forcing to make the 6.0 guide?
    HolyBouch!

It's stickied
    Guild - Twitter - 7/7M Highmaul (US#87) - 10/10M Blackrock Foundry (US#49)

Hi,
    I am about to start WoD as Holy (long time Ret here). Since I took a longer break after MoP launch I currently have no holy gear. Can anyone tell how fast can I obtain it while leveling, doing first WoD quests etc. I'd love to enter first WoD dungeon as holy. Or is it rather necessary to buy some holy gear/weapon of AH to be prepared? I guess running MoP dungeons now to get some entry holy gear is pointless?
    Thanks

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eco View Post
    Hi,
    I am about to start WoD as Holy (long time Ret here). Since I took a longer break after MoP launch I currently have no holy gear. Can anyone tell how fast can I obtain it while leveling, doing first WoD quests etc. I'd love to enter first WoD dungeon as holy. Or is it rather necessary to buy some holy gear/weapon of AH to be prepared? I guess running MoP dungeons now to get some entry holy gear is pointless?
    Thanks
    Most plate gear will have strength if in ret/prot spec, and int if in holy spec, so you just have to find a weapon, offhand and jewellery. You should be ready to enter first dungeon as holy and be fine.
    Main & raiding character: Elchali, Holy Paladin

feels good but not much xp from dungeons, in fact its probably the lowest xp i have ever seen, got about .5 of a bubble from on dungeon

Deleted
    The only problems I had was the instance with the iron ship. We missed the balls you were suppose to use, so we killed all the adds by hand, still the tank diddent die.

Quote Originally Posted by ponies View Post
    feels good but not much xp from dungeons, in fact its probably the lowest xp i have ever seen, got about .5 of a bubble from on dungeon
    That really sucks, because as a tank or heals, I always level via dungeons... it's how I learn to master the class as best I can... questing doesn't do this.

Quote Originally Posted by elchali View Post
    Most plate gear will have strength if in ret/prot spec, and int if in holy spec, so you just have to find a weapon, offhand and jewellery. You should be ready to enter first dungeon as holy and be fine.
    Although when I changed my specialization and talents to holy I still have STR gear all over the place. Does the primary stat conversion apply only to WoD items then?

That really sucks, because as a tank or heals, I always level via dungeons... it's how I learn to master the class as best I can... questing doesn't do this.
    I am on the same boat :\. I planned to blast through instances to actually learn the spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Eco View Post
    Although when I changed my specialization and talents to holy I still have STR gear all over the place. Does the primary stat conversion apply only to WoD items then?
    Correct.

/10char

Anyone have a pre-raid/post-raid BIS list?

a highmaul/post-highmaul bis list then?

I threw together a list of pre-raid gear but it's not really a case where you can say "these are the things to get" since we'll sort of be starting at the top and filling in down the line.

http://intplate.com/wod-pre-raid-bis/

(updated!)
    Last edited by Lucyrotten; 2014-11-16 at 10:47 PM.

Deleted
    I still couldn't play in wod, but i'm very concerned about holy paladin healing in raids, especialy 25 men (i expect 10 men with 2 beacons + 3 Sacred shields + spot healing we should be quite OK i guess?), up to the point of not being sure if i WANT to level up to 100 my paladin.

My main concern is (again) the efective AOE healing. Weaksauce Light of dawn (coupled with very slow Holypower generation) and extremely expensive Holy Radiance. In the past i was relatively OK with holy radiance lack of range because we could afford mana-wise to use it a lot to cover for that, but now that mana is a "problem" and we can't "spam" it, it goes back to a realy bad spell to cast in most situations.

For the people who tested it in 25 men raids, are we pulling confortable numbers in the AOE department in 25 men ? or the only way we can remain competitive is with raining the raid with eternal flame blanketing ? (wich is gameplay I dislike like a plague).

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    I threw together a list of pre-raid gear but it's not really a case where you can say "these are the things to get" since we'll sort of be starting at the top and filling in down the line.

http://bit.ly/1xnh3yq
    Bear in mind with that list you can only equip 3 of the crafted armour pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    For the people who tested it in 25 men raids, are we pulling confortable numbers in the AOE department in 25 men ? or the only way we can remain competitive is with raining the raid with eternal flame blanketing ? (wich is gameplay I dislike like a plague).
    In my experience, the only way to remain competitive (or at least close to being competitive) is EF blanketing while abusing the living hell out of 4pc T17. Since we won't be getting that for quite some time, we'll be at disadvantage in AoE situations. In other words, on most fights. The degree of difference between you and more AoE-friendly classes remains to be seen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Andyo View Post
    This is actually kind of a problem. Head, chest and legs are the three highest budget slots, which means you are gimping yourself if you use anything other than those pieces. In other words, Blacksmithing is far ahead of things like Jewelcrafting in terms of usefulness.

(Not related to paladins specifically, but since we're talking about gear...)

Where the hell is the throughput? Healing normal dungeon at level 100 felt like healing a cata pre-nerf heroic dungeon. I am scared of progressing further... Unless you have Avenging Wrath up, holy healing eats dogshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyo View Post
    I mentioned at least once the 3 crafted item restriction which will actually only be two since the trinket is a given. There are well itemized pieces in a number of slots that aren't crafted but require some rng. This is why there is no BiS list for pre-raid. We're going to have to take what drops and fill in the rest.