Thanks for your help, I noticed too that my overheating jumped up with my T18 2 set bonus with the extra increase to becons, and I'll remember to not cast light of dawn as much anymore ( except possible stacking high damage moments, thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Asonarth View Post
    Thanks for your help, I noticed too that my overheating jumped up with my T18 2 set bonus with the extra increase to becons, and I'll remember to not cast light of dawn as much anymore ( except possible stacking high damage moments, thanks again
    Even during high damage stacking moments, Eternal Flame is better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rano View Post
    Even during high damage stacking moments, Eternal Flame is better.
    I took LoD off my bar to replace it with Intuition's Gift lol...
    Feel the hatred of 1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ 10010 years.

Oh wow ok fair enough, removed from bar! Thanks again for the help

Deleted
    I use it rarely , and if you search you will find top parses with it. Even if a EF heals more on paper there is situations where LoD will convert to 0% OH when your EF will overheal to the point isn't worth over a LoD.

When you are stacked might not be wrong use it sometimes .

Fights like council, Kilrogg , Tyrant and some others maybe .
    Last edited by mmoc1005b9109f; 2015-07-31 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wups View Post
    For Mythic Hellfire Council, is Holy Prism still the way to go or is Light's Hammer better? I played with both last night and I did significantly more healing whilst using Light's Hammer than with Holy Prism. Thoughts?
    I tried both over a couple of attempts, I find prism to be marginally better, due to the lower mana cost and the high chance of hammer just ending up doing a lot of overhealing. My hammer was usually 6-10% of total healing, while prism ranged around 8-12%. I also noticed higher mana issues using hammer. It's the only fight hammer is of any consideration, and if it's needed as an actual cooldown at certain points it's probably the way to go.
    <Progress> - Firemaw EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fjeenzy View Post
    I tried both over a couple of attempts, I find prism to be marginally better, due to the lower mana cost and the high chance of hammer just ending up doing a lot of overhealing. My hammer was usually 6-10% of total healing, while prism ranged around 8-12%. I also noticed higher mana issues using hammer. It's the only fight hammer is of any consideration, and if it's needed as an actual cooldown at certain points it's probably the way to go.
    Yeah. For our first kill we had 2 paladins (5 healed it) and 1 of us took Light's Hammer. Light's Hammer's TOTAL healing was higher and did less overhealing than Holy Prism, but then we have to factor in mastery and stuff and that is effort.

I really like Light's Hammer though, I used it for a few attempts and the healing with mastery on top felt so smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudedInSanity View Post
    I took LoD off my bar to replace it with Intuition's Gift lol...
    did you leave korgath my favorite holy pally .. RIP assessments

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jotanrockz View Post
    did you leave korgath my favorite holy pally .. RIP assessments
    I did indeed leave Korgath. The way my life is currently going I wouldn't able to consistently make the weekend raids, which I was doing before. I moved to an old raiding friends guild (CryHavoc) where I will be continuing my raiding and holy paladin endeavors. I am far from quitting WoW or participating in these forums though.

I did indeed leave Korgath. The way my life is currently going I wouldn't able to consistently make the weekend raids, which I was doing before. I moved to an old raiding friends guild (CryHavoc) where I will be continuing my raiding and holy paladin endeavors. I am far from quitting WoW or participating in these forums though.
    now i am curios. u are not the nihilum awake are you?
    13/13

Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    now i am curios. u are not the nihilum awake are you?
    I am not. Funny though, I have been using the name Awakening for years, unfortunately it was taken on this server. I realized the other day though that it was the name of the HoPa in old school Nihilum and kinda laughed at the coincidence.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll be making a post later tonight (hopefully?) with some tips and tricks directed at specific bosses in HFC, including Mythic ones for the bosses I have personally done.

sweet, one less korgath hpally in front of me on the hpally rankings

Quote Originally Posted by Wups View Post
    You want to go for crit until you get 100% crit on Holy Shock during wings (50%) or at least I believe that is how it is.
    Avenging Wrath doesn't double Holy Shock's crit. Holy Shock naturally has a double crit rate.

AW does, however, provide 20% base crit, thus it's 40% for HS. If we factor in base 5% crit doubling to 10%, and raid buff 5% crit doubling to 10%, then 40+10+10=60% crit already provided, meaning we have 40% crit left to get for HS. 40/2= 20% crit, which is 2200 rating from gear since 1% crit is 110 rating.

SW modifies things further, and I forget the order on it but if the 20% SW gives to HS isn't doubled then 40-20= 20/2 = 10, so only 1100 crit rating on gear would be needed to max out during AW.

If it is doubled then the last 40% is taken care of and we'd need exactly 0 crit rating from gear to always crit HS during SW AW.

Short version:

Without SW talented, we need 2200 crit on gear to cap HS crit during AW.
    With SW talented it's either 1100 or 0 rating required. Crit's still a good stat, so shoot for at least 1100 anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackielope View Post
    Avenging Wrath doesn't double Holy Shock's crit. Holy Shock naturally has a double crit rate.
    I know. I was talking about you go for crit until your holy shock's crit rate during wings is 100%, or at least that's what I've been told. I did word it badly though.

Curious to know what the TOTAL % transferred to beacon targets after 2 pc tier. Are the values additive or multiplicative?

50% (base) + 10% (level 92+ perk) + 25% (Tier bonus) = 85% healing transferred????

The Draenor perk increases direct healing on beacons, not beacon transfers.
    Don't know about additive or multiplicative, but should be very easy to test ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    Curious to know what the TOTAL % transferred to beacon targets after 2 pc tier. Are the values additive or multiplicative?

50% (base) + 10% (level 92+ perk) + 25% (Tier bonus) = 85% healing transferred????
    50%*1,25 = 62,5% beacon transfer. As stated above the perk is for directly healing a beacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Leefa View Post
    50%*1,25 = 62,5% beacon transfer. As stated above the perk is for directly healing a beacon.
    Strictly speaking, this is incorrect because the actual tier bonus is 20% (the tooltip lies). The total beacon transfer with bonus is 50%*1.2 = 60%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithenen View Post
    So, where is this post you're talking about? I want it
    I was busier on the long weekend then anticipated I sorry. ;_;

I'll be working on something shortly.

- - - Updated - - -

Hellfire Citadel Tips and Tricks:

Hellfire Citadel: The only thing really worth mentioning on this fight is for Mythic. Since the groups need to be split up and you only have one tank on your side I suggest you make use of hot swapping your second Beacon. Basically what I mean is keep your first Beacon on the tank, and for your second beacon it move it around to raid members that need healing. From here you can either choose to direct heal the raid member you put beacon on (to save mana) or heal another target to redirect the healing to the beacon. I also suggest taking Clemency for this fight as your tanks might need double BoPs to remove the damage increasing stack that the add puts on them.

Iron Reaver: As a result of the timing on the Pounding you can have Wings active for two of the Pounding's in Phase 1. What I do is cast Wings as soon as the very first Artillery goes off on your raid, and top them off, then 10 seconds later the second artillery will go off and pounding. Wings will come off of cooldown ~2seconds into the third Pounding if you popped quick enough after the first Artillery hits. You can also perform a trick with Devotion Aura. The Artillery hits ~1.5seconds before she will use Pounding. What you can do here is cast Devotion Aura the second you see the boss perform the animation for this Artillery. It may be more damage reduction (especially in later phases) to just save it for the Pounding, however I found that using Devotion Aura to cover the Artillery and 80% of the pounding saved more lives, as sometimes people were low and dying from the burst of the Artillery immediately into pounding. As far as positioning goes I suggest you stand close to the boss. No like seriously, stand close to the boss. One of the things I struggled most with on the early attempts of this boss was dying to Barrage because of my positioning. We only have one speed boost on a 50s cooldown, the further you are away from the boss the further you have to run avoid the Barrage (which is a one shot on Mythic). I suggest taking Unbreakable Spirit so you can use Divine Protection more often for when you inevitably take multiple stacks of debuffs, and having a 2.5m cooldown on bubble is amazing and can save your life if you are in a bad position for Barrage with sprint on cooldown.

Kormrok: Nothing really specific to note here. On Mythic you can use a Paladin with Bubble + Sprint to soak the Empowered Runes since they will take no damage. You can also Bubble to prevent yourself from getting picked up by Hands, BoP AFAIK has the same effect.

Hellfire High Council: You can use Hand of Purity on this fight once people get into deep red of Mark of the Necromancer to extend time before you dispel off their debuff. This will reduce your overall raid damage as you are forcing it to be on one person for longer, and the dispelled Marks won't have as long to build up stacks.

Kilrogg: Double Beacon the DPS in Visions of Death. It's OP... other then that you can use BoP to remove the DoT effect from Heartseeker. Don't stack Wings with a 20stack from Visions of Death... 600k Holy Lights aren't necessary...

Gorefiend: Beacon swapping here is mandatory when you get sent down to Digest. You can put your Beacon on Essence's down there that we need to heal. I put beacon #1 on the first Essence, then #2 no the second Essence, then back to #1 on the third essence and so on. This means you will maintain the haste from your four set, as well as splashing your healing onto the next Essence. I always rotate to healing the essence the second it spawns as my Beacon plus the healing from the other healer down with me will top it off. Your usage of Wings is going to be very important for making this fight smooth. One thing that is extremely important, is whether you get sent down to Digest @ 30s or not, you have to use your Wings no later then 35s. If you save Wings you can going to mess up the timing of it and Feast of Souls. I suggest going Unbreakable Spirit on this boss for the reduced cooldown on bubble and Divine Protection. There are many mechanics you can get targeted by that the reduced cooldown will help save your life. Shared Fate, Doom Well, soaking a sperm ball are examples. Also, you should be using Divine Protection in order to stack Doom Wells ontop of each other. How I suggest doing this is at 4seconds left on debuff pop sprint and run to the outskirts of the room, once you get close to another Doom Well cast Divine Protection and stand ontop of if. Time a heal on yourself so it will finish as Doom Well expires (healing you for the burst damage) because you used Sprint @ 4s remaining on the debuff you will still have enough sprint to get you back into your position in the middle of the room.

Socrethar the Eternal: You need to swap your Beacons to the targets of Gift of the Man'ari. Uuhhh... idk what else to say this boss is stupid easy lol.

Tyrant Velhari: Heal the shit out of that debuff. I don't personally Beacon swap to this target as I find the tanks often get wrekt during this fight, however my stance on that might change once I see how it looks on Mythic. Regardless of what you do I suggest you at least direct heal into the person that has the debuff. This is going to force your mastery on them and protect them from incoming damage so you won't have to dispel the debuff and jump it all of the raid which will be annoying to your other healers. On Mythic this is even more important as the debuff itself will do damage over time, and your shields will be constantly eaten. I suggest saving saving Wings, and popping Wings to coincide with the debuff. I pop my first Wings when Velhari does her first Tempest, and the debuff generally gets applied with 10s remaining on wings. If you are using Devotion Aura with Edict of Condemnation, I suggest using it to cover the final two ticks. It does not last long enough to cover all three ticks, and the last two will more then likely do more damage because of the smaller radius. Take Unbreakable Spirit if your tanks feel they won't need the double sacrifice. Divine Protection up constantly will help with soaking mechanics and reducing damage.

Iskar: There is really nothing special to mention about this boss. Make sure you time your Devotion Aura when the cast of the Ray ability is going to finish... that's about it.

Fel Lord Zakuun: Swap your Beacon off of the tank when they get banished, and swap it back to them when they come back up. You can use Bubble to help your raid and soak a ton of Waves of Destruction. I suggest using Devotion Aura on one of the waves of Seeds when they explode, and use Divine Protection whenever the Seeds are exploding. If you can get away with using Unbreakable Spirit do it, but if your tanks want double Sac you will have to go Clemency. US helps a lot with making you safe through burst damage, and helping your raid soak Waves of Destruction.

Xhul'horac: Uhm... yeah. Follow whatever strategy your raid has in place. Hand of Purity will be useful for saving someones life in the last phase when they get Fel/Void Surge on them as this DoT does a TON of damage. There is nothing really to note about this fight on normal/heroic difficulties. I will provide an update for Mythic if I feel anything is necessary once I do the fight.

Mannoroth: Nothing really to note here. Cast Divine Protection whenever Mannoroth starts casting Gaze. Use Wings and Devotion Aura when necessary. If I have anything to report back after Mythic I will update.

Archimonde: You can use Devotion Aura on the Chains and break them all at once. This will make the damage from them non-lethal and clean them up very quickly. Your Sprint will be off cooldown for every Allure Flames. I suggest you use it their to make it so you won't get a lot of stacks of Doomfire. Other then that I don't really have any Paladin specific things to note about this boss. Hand of Purity doesn't become necessary till Mythic when people need to soak Doomfire. The only other thing I really feel is relevant is you can save breaking the chains in the final phase (Phase 3) until half your raid goes down for Nether Banish. This drastically reduces the healing requirement up top, not really a Paladin thing more of a fight healing thing.

I apologize if this is an obvious question, but I'm confused about stat weights for holy paladins in 6.2. I've seen different guides on different sites claim different stats are superior. Is there a consensus about what stats to go for in Hellfire Citadel? I tried browsing through the last few pages of the thread and look at the guide, but I'm still confused.