Quote Originally Posted by digdag View Post
    Hey, guys, I am little bit confused about our basic rotation (after reading last few pages :-)). With EF spec and libram proper rotation should be HS - HL - HL - HS... or HS - FoL - HL - HS...? Right after I got my libram I started to use first one, even with IoL procs. Yesterday I tryed to use FoL after HS (mainly withIoL) and these 200k+ crits seems really good. But what is more "clever"? Thanks for answer.
    HS-FoL-HL-HS is better if you can sustain it.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me or are there a number of fights where your healing output is just really, really awful? Heroic versions of Assault, Mannoroth, Kormrok and even Reaver are absolute snore-fests when it comes to healing because there is so little damage to heal through. For example, on Assault I am healing for ~36k which is about the same for the other healers in the group and yet it pegs me at 46% overall. It's not like I can heal any harder though because there simply isn't anything to heal unless we get two metas at once and that's only several second burst healing which is no sweat.

Perhaps we're running too many healers?
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Did gorefiend with SH tonight, shit was clunky as hell inside, lucky rng and heal the priest like nothing, no rng? oh boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Nintendo Chalmers View Post
    Is it just me or are there a number of fights where your healing output is just really, really awful? Heroic versions of Assault, Mannoroth, Kormrok and even Reaver are absolute snore-fests when it comes to healing because there is so little damage to heal through. For example, on Assault I am healing for ~36k which is about the same for the other healers in the group and yet it pegs me at 46% overall. It's not like I can heal any harder though because there simply isn't anything to heal unless we get two metas at once and that's only several second burst healing which is no sweat.

Perhaps we're running too many healers?
    Might be running too many healers, those fights, the damage seems very bursty and not so much continuous. Honestly, I don't think you need to worry too much about healing ranks. As guilds get more geared, these heroic runs will have fewer healers leading to rise healing scores.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clerigon View Post
    Did gorefiend with SH tonight, shit was clunky as hell inside, lucky rng and heal the priest like nothing, no rng? oh boy.
    Still should have a pretty big FoL to hit the priest, though IoL + crit is the dream.
    You are everything, I never knew, I always wanted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeathebelle View Post
    HS-FoL-HL-HS is better if you can sustain it.
    Thank you, I thought so. With HC Phylactery it shouldn´t be a problem at all.

Any tricks/tips/addons for easier handling of tortured essence at gorefiend?I am not having trouble in heroic version, but i am trying to practice to be ready for the mythic version. I used a simple macro /target Tortured Essence /cast Beacon of Light but i have trouble targeting the 2nd add sometimes when it could be far away or out of LoS from where am standing (playing the game in low settings might have something to do with them also not being very obvious to me), my camera is maxed out but yeah, i want to be able to beacon the 2nd essence as well then start healing one of the two, or a 3rd one if it appears.. Maybe a smarter macro, maybe an addon that is able to show multiple frames for specific predetermined NPCs as soon as they appear, i don't know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestrang View Post
    Any tricks/tips/addons for easier handling of tortured essence at gorefiend?I am not having trouble in heroic version, but i am trying to practice to be ready for the mythic version. I used a simple macro /target Tortured Essence /cast Beacon of Light but i have trouble targeting the 2nd add sometimes when it could be far away or out of LoS from where am standing (playing the game in low settings might have something to do with them also not being very obvious to me), my camera is maxed out but yeah, i want to be able to beacon the 2nd essence as well then start healing one of the two, or a 3rd one if it appears.. Maybe a smarter macro, maybe an addon that is able to show multiple frames for specific predetermined NPCs as soon as they appear, i don't know.
    check http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post35262687 and the following page

Are Hpaladins prepotting int (maybe even using wings) and DPSing at the start of mythic fights? There's certainly not much to do in the first 20sec or so for a lot of them. I played resto druid in BRF so am used to HOTW dps on pulls a lot. Haven't seen much discussion anywhere on the subject for paladins. If so, what is the holy dps "rotation?"

i do. everybody should. more int faster IH shield. and higher denounce dmg.
    13/13

Monk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrusha View Post
    Are Hpaladins prepotting int (maybe even using wings) and DPSing at the start of mythic fights? There's certainly not much to do in the first 20sec or so for a lot of them. I played resto druid in BRF so am used to HOTW dps on pulls a lot. Haven't seen much discussion anywhere on the subject for paladins. If so, what is the holy dps "rotation?"
    Always HS on CD, even if it means hsing the boss. If you're in melee range use CS, fill with denounce. If you're at range then just denounce spam. You can also use prism on CD, as long as you dont need to save it for something.

I've done some searching and don't think this is possible... but is there a macro to set judgment or prism to cast at a random harmful target?

Quote Originally Posted by tclphz View Post
    I've done some searching and don't think this is possible... but is there a macro to set judgment or prism to cast at a random harmful target?
    #showtooltip Judgment
    /cast [harm] Judgment
    /stopmacro [harm]
    /targetenemy
    /cast Judgment
    /targetlasttarget

Why would you want to cast either at a random harmful target in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeathebelle View Post
    #showtooltip Judgment
    /cast [harm] Judgment
    /stopmacro [harm]
    /targetenemy
    /cast Judgment
    /targetlasttarget
    Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Why would you want to cast either at a random harmful target in the first place?
    With selfless healing, just need a random target to judgment.

With selfless healing, just need a random target to judgment.
    Wouldn't simply pressing Judgement target the nearest closest enemy even if you don't have a target?

Quote Originally Posted by aokiki View Post
    Wouldn't simply pressing Judgement target the nearest closest enemy even if you don't have a target?
    Hm, so this is mostly for inside the belly of gorefiend on mythic...

I'm like to keep my target on one of the tortured essence for healing purposes. So the annoying part for me is to target off the tortured essence for judgment, then have to retarget, while keeping track of the other tortured essences coming in. Basically I'm getting a bit overwhelmed in the belly and trying to figure out ways to make life easier. I've tried going back to EF, but I'm wondering if SH is better to get the big heals off.

I don't know. Any suggestions on how to better deal with the inside the belly healing?

Hm, so this is mostly for inside the belly of gorefiend on mythic...

I'm like to keep my target on one of the tortured essence for healing purposes. So the annoying part for me is to target off the tortured essence for judgment, then have to retarget, while keeping track of the other tortured essences coming in. Basically I'm getting a bit overwhelmed in the belly and trying to figure out ways to make life easier. I've tried going back to EF, but I'm wondering if SH is better to get the big heals off.

I don't know. Any suggestions on how to better deal with the inside the belly healing?
    SH should be much better inside the belly than EF for obvious reasons (basically no overhealing, some movement where you can judge, EF ticks will do nothing etc), not so much on the outside though. Unless you really struggle with spirits I'd advice against SH, especially if you struggle playing with it. Paladins are very strong in the belly by default and you should focus on getting your beacons, positioning, AW usage and targeting working properly before trying to swap around to SH for min-maxing. If you get sent in the first round of healers you should have AW and can basically solo heal it. If you get sent in the second round do your best and be ready to LoH the last add (which spawns with roughly 10 seconds left on digest), having a WA or addon for digest timers are useful as well as communication between you and the breaker/s to make sure you get your LoH off if needed.

I've never tried using SH for Gorefiend because we never had issues with spirits and I've never thought of even trying it on farm kills, so take my word for what it is.

I have a trinket question:

I have heroic versions of Intuitions Gift, Demonic Phylactery, and Unstable Felshadow Emulsion as well as a Mythic Warforged Flickering Felspark (304 Int/Mastery/Haste/Spi). Which of these is going to be my best bet to couple with my Heroic Libram of Vindication?

I have been tending towards Libram+MWF Felspark because I feel like the stats on it more than make up for the Phylactery but I am not positive.

Quote Originally Posted by KTRhysode View Post
    I have a trinket question:

I have heroic versions of Intuitions Gift, Demonic Phylactery, and Unstable Felshadow Emulsion as well as a Mythic Warforged Flickering Felspark (304 Int/Mastery/Haste/Spi). Which of these is going to be my best bet to couple with my Heroic Libram of Vindication?

I have been tending towards Libram+MWF Felspark because I feel like the stats on it more than make up for the Phylactery but I am not positive.
    Heroic DP is 324 int/haste and worth about 880 spirit. So Felspark has 300 more mastery and 500 less spirit. I'd go with Phylactery and just use FoL more on IoL procs, it'll make up the difference and be a better trinket

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marolen View Post
    Heroic DP is 324 int/haste and worth about 880 spirit. So Felspark has 300 more mastery and 500 less spirit. I'd go with Phylactery and just use FoL more on IoL procs, it'll make up the difference and be a better trinket
    I can just repeat over and over again that the DP spirit comparison is wrong because it's outdated. It's based on numbers from BRF with different gear and different playstyle.

Playing SH I had an average of 36 mana-based-casts per minute on a 6:51 fight.[1]
    36 Mana casts per minute equate (36*639)/(12*2.061)=930 Spirit (heroic version, mythic version = 1071 Spirit respectively).

Playing EF on FelLord[2] I counted 40 mbc/m on a 3:35 fight and for Gorefiend[3] ~38 over 6:20.
    Going with latter, the spirit value would be 982 (1131 for Mythic).

But that just gives your result - using the phylactery for more FoL - even more weight. Just stop throwing in false numbers.
    You could say that this is for SH, but also with EF you nowadays go up to 38~ish casts per minute, still significantly more than the computed 32 casts from 6.1.

[1]https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...casts&source=1
    [2] https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...casts&source=1
    [3] https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...urce=1&fight=3

edited because of false assumption of judgement costing mana
    Last edited by mmoc3c639dd81a; 2015-09-07 at 10:00 PM.