Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psilar View Post
    Depending on the job I would absolutely hire people who smoke weed, it it was legal. I would never ever hire anyone who drinks on the job.
    Legal or not, smoking weed on the job is every bit as bad as drinking or abusing painkillers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Legal or not, smoking weed on the job is every bit as bad as drinking or abusing painkillers.
    People put weed on a pedestal and downplay it's effect, I think because of the want for it to be legal. Ignore my name please...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

If they are in so much pain that they need weed to make it through the day then quite frankly I would not want to employ them.
    There's a difference between somebody who comes to work on drugs used recreationally and drugs used medically. The majority of the problem with people coming to work high on marijuana is their attitude. Generally, a person who would come to work high when their is no reason for them to be is somebody who isn't giving a shit. By contrast, a person using it to be able to manage their pain in order to be able to go to work is somebody who is actually caring about getting to work.

I mean basically you're implying that you wouldn't want to hire somebody who has chronic pain. Somebody who takes percocet for their pain before work is just as intoxicated, if not more so, than somebody who smokes some marijuana before work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Only 7 of 10 on the first page related to Michael Jackson in some way.

How do I claim on the guarantee?

You get a free compensation pastry. Sending it in the mail now.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2014-11-13 at 04:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I hear MJ, I think Mary Jane, but I think of Spider Man's wife, not the drug.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    There's a difference between somebody who comes to work on drugs used recreationally and drugs used medically. The majority of the problem with people coming to work high on marijuana is their attitude. Generally, a person who would come to work high when their is no reason for them to be is somebody who isn't giving a shit. By contrast, a person using it to be able to manage their pain in order to be able to go to work is somebody who is actually caring about getting to work.

I mean basically you're implying that you wouldn't want to hire somebody who has chronic pain.
    If it is bad enough that they cannot cope without medication then damn right, I feel the same way about painkillers and booze, a little is ok but when you NEED it to cope then you are a liability.

You must not suffer/have suffered from any debilitating pain OP. My neck and back were pretty destroyed in an accident a couple years ago and let me tell you, weed is nice and all to get my mind off the pain a bit but it certainly does not stop the pain whatsoever. I am all for legalized and medical marijuana, but this thinking that it is some kind of cure all for pain so bad that you can't work or function is a complete farce.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    What Rich said.

Also, MJ = Michael Jackson. Marijuana already has 700 nicknames, MJ doesn't need to be one of them.
    lmao that is exactly why I clicked this thread. How do the two correlate?? I must know! *Click*

And I agree with Rich on this one, I do support the legalization but I just can't bring myself to agree with OP.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Yeah, I got that, but Mary Jane = Mary Jane, not MJ. Not hard to type an extra six letters so people know what the fuck the OP is talking about prior to clicking on the thread. MJ, as in Michael Jackson, is the most recognized entertainer of all time in the world (even after his death). I guarantee you if you googled 'MJ' there would be pages and pages of nothing but him before any other thing that might be referred to under the acronym 'MJ' popped up.

I'm sure we'll all get in trouble for going off topic so quickly, but oh well.
    The 2nd result is a disambiguation page, the third result is somebody about New York's subway.

- - - Updated - - -

If it is bad enough that they cannot cope without medication then damn right, I feel the same way about painkillers and booze, a little is ok but when you NEED it to cope then you are a liability.
    I don't understand your attitude. Have you been burned by such people before or are you just making assumptions about it? Also you'd be breaking the law with such discrimination, at least in the US.

Deleted
    The 2nd result is a disambiguation page, the third result is somebody about New York's subway.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't understand your attitude. Have you been burned by such people before or are you just making assumptions about it? Also you'd be breaking the law with such discrimination, at least in the US.
    I would want people whose minds are not dulled, and I do not think being an alcoholic or stoner grants you protection under the discrimination laws.

The government could pay them in weed! Whatever the going price for an ounce is these days.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly how high were you when you wrote this?

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

I would want people whose minds are not dulled, and I do not think being an alcoholic or stoner grants you protection under the discrimination laws.
    We're talking about a hypothetical situation where marijuana is being used medicinally, are we not? It's not like I'm talking about people coming to work at falling-down levels of intoxication, I'm talking about people who use the proper dosage to alleviate their pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like every label on prescriptions that states 'do not use heavy machinery'...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Deleted
    We're talking about a hypothetical situation where marijuana is being used medicinally, are we not? It's not like I'm talking about people coming to work at falling-down levels of intoxication, I'm talking about people who use the proper dosage to alleviate their pain.
    Then that would be such a case where you would not even notice they were high, same as having a few pints at lunch or popping Ibruprofen, we both know this is not what OP meant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basicly, your hypothetical situation ignores the reality of what weed does.

Then that would be such a case where you would not even notice they were high, same as having a few pints at lunch or popping Ibruprofen, we both know this is not what OP meant.
    I think that's exactly what he meant. It seemed like he was advocating marijuana as an alternative to harsh prescription drugs that have high potential for addiction and negative side effects.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Basicly, your hypothetical situation ignores the reality of what weed does.
    Is this like a DARE classroom or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this like a DARE classroom or something?
    I support legalization, but do not support ignorance as the reason for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    I support legalization, but do not support ignorance as the reason for it.
    Who here is really ignorant when you're implying that marijuana used medicinally creates falling-down levels of impairment?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Totally thought this was about my social security and Michael Jackson.
    Glad I'm not the only one who immediately thought of Michael Jackson. My first thought was, how is he getting social security if he's dead? Guess it's an age check.