Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Sounds more like a gay bar.
    I wanna take you to a GAME bar!

'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Sounds more like a gay bar.
    Typical.. you a see a paladin in pink armor prancing around and you immediately see him as gay. /eyeroll
    But really I was thinking about the "Prancing Pony" inn from the Hobbit.

So anyway, here's a few more.

The Lobby
    No Bots Club
    The Old Console

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Broken Keyboard.

Deleted
    What about Ganktasia?

Deleted
    Gameleon - You'll blend right in!

10+ Year Old Account
    Barcade or Barcadia if you want to sound exotic.

We have one here in Dallas and its epic. They have all the fun arcade games from the 80s and 90s. You would be surprised to see how many people still flock to Street Fighter 2 turbo championship edish when they get a few beers in them. Shit gets wild son.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2014-11-12 at 10:22 PM.

Cup of Doody

Man Cave

No Girls Allowed

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Peasant's Pub, since you're going console.

I kid, I kid!

Progress Bar, Savestate, Glitchez&Bitchez, Capped. Any of these tickle your fancy?
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

You don't want to alienate general customers, so I'd recommend to style your business plan as an Internet Cafe named "Refresh."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Barcade or Barcadia if you want to sound exotic.

We have one here in Dallas and its epic. They have all the fun arcade games from the 80s and 90s. You would be surprised to see how many people still flock to Street Fighter 2 turbo championship edish when they get a few beers in them. Shit gets wild son.
    We have a place down the street from my apartment called Kung Fu bar that has about 10 arcade machines. It's primarily a bar, but man people have fun on those classic machines when they're a bit buzzed.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Smellovision
    Bandwidth in the Tight End
    Otaku Corral Cafe
    Or my personal fav: The Fighting Tiger (in honor of the south park episode when the internet dies and "it sounds like a man is fighting a tiger in there!")

If we win the name game, do we get a cool, sideways, cross armed posed, portrait of us up in the shop?
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    First person shooter...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    We have a place down the street from my apartment called Kung Fu bar that has about 10 arcade machines. It's primarily a bar, but man people have fun on those classic machines when they're a bit buzzed.
    I would love to own an old school arcade slash pub style eatery place and just pump out like non-stop 80s glam rock and shit on the jukebox. But alas I'm too goddamn lazy and inept.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    You are a legend thats why.

Dicey Café

I think it depends on the scope of the place and what you are promoting and/or selling. What I mean by this is, is it a coffee shop and/or a bar? What is the extent of the gaming part of it? Is it mainly a bar with a few computers on the side, or is it computer dominated with a bar/barista on the side? Are you catering to computer gamers or say the xbox console/kinect audience or add some arcade games into the mix? How big is the place? Big enough to say, 1st floor be under 21 with a 2nd floor 21+. Are you going to try, for example, to hold gaming tournaments and bring people in? Or things like MLG gaming sanctioned tournaments?

What I mean by all this, to figure out the concept you are going with and then structure the name around it. Thus Leeerooyy Jenkins Gaming Lounge definitely would define a concept and say what it is.

Personally, if I were to do a gamiong bar/cafe/lounge, I would structure it around tournaments. You have to offer something that someone just can't get sitting on their ass at home. Thus something like LAN based Starcraft tournaments, I would also do some console based tournaments, especially sports gaming. Add that if you did this, I'd also suggest having a stage where you could mount of a coiuple of front projectors and show the finals or feature round, kind of like WSOP's feature table.

Which also brings me to 2ndary thought, have gaming tables, meaning poker tables, having a few of those and holding poker tourneys is a great way to draw people in as well. Most states, if not mistaken, allow for pay to play poker tournaments as long as the house isn't taking a rake.
    Last edited by anyaka21; 2014-11-12 at 11:07 PM.