Can't you AoE stun if they're in EQ, seeing how EQ is suppose to desync melee swings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Can't you AoE stun if they're in EQ, seeing how EQ is suppose to desync melee swings.
    What's EQ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    What's EQ?
    I think it means EarthQuake

Quote Originally Posted by Seahenar View Post
    As far as I can see, HS is scaling incredibly well with mastery for dps, and combined with the consistent incoming dot ticks/melee swings in that sim it's causing HS to scale exponentially for that boss model - it's dps proportion actually increased from the H set to the M set. I did a few sims with the 603-25 version using varying stat profiles - I gave each set 2k str, 2.5k armor, and 500 of every secondary and then varied each secondary individually from 0 to 1500 in increments of 500. Granted this is a rather contrived scenario but it should prove the point. Mastery was the biggest dps increase, and the difference in HS % contribution was pretty huge - going from an interval of 2.72s and 13.4% dps at 0 mastery to an interval of 2.03s and 17.2% dps at 1500 mastery. I was quite surprised to see just how little effect crit had on HS's overall contribution - it only dropped from 2.47s / 14.6% to 2.52s and 14.2% going from 0->1500 crit. Haste however had a pretty big effect on suppressing HS's contribution - 15.1% to 13.3%.

However having said that I did try the same experiment with Sera, and it scaled better (but not by much) with haste stacking than HS did with mastery stacking, at least with the low stat values I was testing with. So I think that given certain gear sets, especially as the number of incoming damage instances increases HS can easily become stronger dpswise.

I also tried a mixed stat set to try to get a more realistic situation (increasing both haste and mastery by 500 each time) for both Sera and HS, and HS was scaling better with the combination - it started out as lower dps but by 1500/1500 it was on top.
    I think that given any Mast/X gearset HS has potential to come on top depending on the incoming damage sources.

So If you use Holy Shield, you're saying that stacking mastery is still the way to go if you want higher DPS? Are there any sim comparison charts that can show DPS/DTPS/HPS/TMI differences with holy shield builds stacking mastery vs stacking haste in realistic gear sets?

Quote Originally Posted by Theck View Post
    AFAIK they're both still additive. So +12% block chance (not affected by DR either), and +20% mitigation to take us up to 60% on a block.

- - - Updated - - -

On the topic of set bonuses, I've been running a few sims to answer the question "is it worth using 680 set pieces over 685 mythic Highmaul gear?"

In this sim, the "Mythic_Highmaul_" gear sets are AMR's BiS mythic Highmaul gearsets. I used the Holy Shield stat weights, but given the lack of options in Highmaul it probably doesn't matter what you use for that. I then replace gloves/shoulders with ilvl 680 tier pieces to get the 2p_680_ sets, and then replace chest/helm to get the 4p_680 sets.

It looks like there's not much advantage to be gained from the set bonus if you're using Seraphim. On the other hand, if you're specced into Holy Shield, it's worth dropping the ilvls to pick up those bonuses.

I suspect that in any situation where you're actually upgrading at least one heroic item to another (670 -> 680), it's probably worth grabbing the 2p, and likewise if upgrading at least two items it's probably worth grabbing the 4p.
    So with this said and say I decide to run DP and HS. Will haste still be my primary stat or would it go back to mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by maxbrokeaway View Post
    So If you use Holy Shield, you're saying that stacking mastery is still the way to go if you want higher DPS? Are there any sim comparison charts that can show DPS/DTPS/HPS/TMI differences with holy shield builds stacking mastery vs stacking haste in realistic gear sets?
    You can plug it in, the issue is that w/o reforging we don't have that much gear customization outside of RNG sockets.

Hello everyone, I'd like to ask what trinkets from BRF to go for in regards to talent builds? Mr. Robot tells me BiS is to go for Pillar of the Earth + Blast Furnace Door for HA Seraphim, and Blast Furnace Door + Tablet of Turnbuckle Teamwork for DP HS, any ideas if this is the right way of doing it?

Also, thinking only of TMI and surviving, at what point is it better to go for DP HA (if there is such a point?) from HA Seraphim? I imagine for heroic BRF Seraphim is still better since I'll not get 4p t17 most likely as we are gearing 2 warlocks first. But for mythic?

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    BA + On Proc mastery with Mastery + On use BA.
    For what talent combination?

Quote Originally Posted by Dicoliki View Post
    For what talent combination?
    Personally ? Literally any.

only possible exception is that for some of the more tank heavy dmg fights i'd switch out BA + on proc mastery for Twins trinket to use as an extra CD in HS + DP only.

Deleted

Something seems off... lol.

Should do a proper plot, later. My laptop is slow as hell~~

And I need some sleep. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post

Something seems off... lol.

Should do a proper plot, later. My laptop is slow as hell~~

And I need some sleep. >.<
    IIRC Simcraft gets confused when it sees negative scaling factors.

Deleted
    That's very likely at a certain haste breakpoint, especially with Seraphim

Tier-15 2-piece set bonus for Protection Paladins should no longer work for level-100 characters.
    Sigh. I was going to use it for certain fights in BRF.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    Sigh. I was going to use it for certain fights in BRF.
    I swear they hotfixed this like a day after someone mentioned it in this thread.

*Dinklebot voice* They're in the walls!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    Could be me again ><
    FFS lazel!! You sir, you are the reasons we can't have nice things ;p
    Now as Blood Elf
    My Youtube Channel

Kind of disappointed with the set bonuses we've been given tbh, promotes the most boring talent there is; anyone else thinking of completely ignoring the set bonus and sticking with sera?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post
    Kind of disappointed with the set bonuses we've been given tbh, promotes the most boring talent there is; anyone else thinking of completely ignoring the set bonus and sticking with sera?
    Most likely I will pass them to every other spec/class 1st.
    My problem isn't even that it promotes HS, but that it is damn outright boring AND weak.
    It will benefit others much more in my raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post
    Most of us are very likely going to be passing on it during progression anyway (barring those who do so many split runs that tier on everyone is a foregone conclusion) and using EmpS which looks to be the go-to talent rather than Seraphim.

Seraphim's niche (at least according to the most recent sims) in BRFs seems to be restricted to fights where DPS is of the utmost importance, and even then it's only the clear winner if you're not tanking something the entire time.