Quote Originally Posted by Wymarc View Post
    This is untrue, they somewhat all scale the same. 20% haste from EmpS is like 1800 rating, it will always be 1800 rating regardless of how much gear you have. It will be 1800 rating at 630ilvl or 730 ilvl. The only 'scaling' part is that the % healing is slightly higher because you have more hp at higher gear level

So the 750 rating for Seraphim gives you ~8% Haste. It will still always give 8% haste regardless of gear level too.
    This obviously applies to all the other stats too except bonus armour cause armour has diminishing returns, but BA is still BiS

750 Mastery rating is still like 6% Mastery etc

Holy Shield always gives 15% block, but I believe that 15% block is worth more, the more block chance you already have as there is no dimishing returns, so I guess this has a tiny bit of scaling but its not because Serpahim gives flat rating and the other two give a % number xD Its just displayed differently
    This x1000, we even had theck reconfirm the math for people who question it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wymarc View Post
    Holy Shield always gives 15% block, but I believe that 15% block is worth more, the more block chance you already have as there is no dimishing returns, so I guess this has a tiny bit of scaling but its not because Serpahim gives flat rating and the other two give a % number xD Its just displayed differently
    I thought they did put diminishing returns on block when they went to two roll system?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    Since you're a paladin, unglyph DP and enjoy the fact that so long as you have some sort of external for every second Felblaze Flurry
    Done it last night without the need of any externals, 1st DP > 2nd Guardian > 3rd DP > 4th AD > 5th DP > should be dead before the 6th if not dps are bad blame them and call for an external

They did. And it makes Holy Shield even more valuable the more ilvl you get. Since you'd need more Mastery/Str to get those 15% block chance at higher ilvl, this is worth more and more rating.
    Signatures in 2018 LUL

Quote Originally Posted by Sephraia View Post
    Done it last night without the need of any externals, 1st DP > 2nd Guardian > 3rd DP > 4th AD > 5th DP > should be dead before the 6th if not dps are bad blame them and call for an external
    I didn't even unglyph DP... shit really didn't hurt. The mob melees for like 0. Just wog the hit gg as lazel said.

Deleted
    Not sure why you would want your health jumping around like that but i suppose that's another way to do it if you're comfortable with it, i prefer to use personals to trivialize the damage spikes for healers with the magic damage and retain HoPo for the melee hits after. Both ways work obviously just down to player preference

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Won7on View Post
    P.S. Completely unrelated to the L100 talent discussion - anyone found any cool uses for Divine Shield in HFC yet? I guess I could bubble-taunt the Glaive Combo, but nothing stands out as being super awesome to me so far, like solo-soaking Inferno Slices was.
    I bubbled-taunt just before the Glaive Combo on the last phase of Mannoroth, and the purple waves things didn't appeared.

I tried with HoP too, it just cancelled the damages, but the waves appeared.

Can anyone help me figure out what specifically we're doing wrong on council? we only got 6 attempts in, and it seemed like everything was going great and then suddenly all hell would break loose.

what percentage and what order do you do for bosses? we were having a lot of trouble with bosses going below 30% even when we stopped dps at 45% and moved on to another boss.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ution&fight=12

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kouji71 View Post
    what percentage and what order do you do for bosses? we were having a lot of trouble with bosses going below 30% even when we stopped dps at 45% and moved on to another boss.
    Without looking at the logs that jumps out as a DPS not following orders problem, we called hold DPS at 35%ish and I could continue to generate HoPo for most of the remainder of the fight until the other two were taken care of (I think I had to hold off too at 30.5% for 10sec or so while the second one died).

Priority is kill Gurtogg from 100% till dead (hero at 30% on him) then Blademaster till dead then Dia till dead (ie: one at a time).

Looking at the replay of attempt #5 people are putting way too much direct damage into the wrong targets, eg: at 4min Gurtogg is ~50%, Blademaster is ~45% and Dia is ~80%.

Gurtogg should be dead a few minutes into the fight.

Cleave/multi dot is ok on the non priority targets but everyone should only be doing their direct damage to the priority target.
    Last edited by RagnorZ; 2015-06-30 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RagnorZ View Post
    Priority is kill Gurtogg from 100% till dead (hero at 30% on him) then Blademaster till dead then Dia till dead (ie: one at a time).

Looking at the replay of attempt #5 people are putting way too much direct damage into the wrong targets, eg: at 4min Gurtogg is ~50%, Blademaster is ~45% and Dia is ~80%.

Gurtogg should be dead a few minutes into the fight.

Cleave/multi dot is ok on the non priority targets but everyone should only be doing their direct damage to the priority target.
    huh, interesting. I thought it was more like maidens where you wanted to get them all to 40%ish then kill them in order. we'll have to try that.

first attempt we called off dia at 35% cause i didn't realize how flimsy she was. I was stuck standing still for most of the fight in order to not drop her. that was a bad one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kouji71 View Post
    huh, interesting. I thought it was more like maidens where you wanted to get them all to 40%ish then kill them in order. we'll have to try that.

first attempt we called off dia at 35% cause i didn't realize how flimsy she was. I was stuck standing still for most of the fight in order to not drop her. that was a bad one.
    I mean, there's no real reason per se to go full retard on Gurtogg until he hits 30%, there's just no punishment for doing so. In Mythic you're going to have to treat them much like Maidens, still killing Gurtogg first, but on HC you can get away with taking them from 100% to 0 one by one.

It is, however, incredibly important that Gurtogg dies very, very quickly after hitting 30%. If you get more than 2-3 stacks of the HP reduction the rest of the fight is going to suck a bag of dicks.

Also, as a Prot Paladin you should be tanking Gurtogg, not Dia. Holy Shield deals very well with Acidic Wound, while there's no real mechanic bar SotR that makes us stand out in any way in terms of tanking Dia.

Don't swap. One guy takes Akkelion/Omnus, one guy takes boss. Since you're a paladin, unglyph DP and enjoy the fact that so long as you have some sort of external for every second Felblaze Flurry (which you won't have DP for), you literally cannot die on Xhul'horac until the last phase, where you also cannot die due to HA.

It's probably the fight in the tier bar Archimonde that we're the very best at. Holy Shield is just "I need a fucking shower" levels of disgusting on Xhul'horac.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    You simply dont need externals for that boss as prot paladin , you drop to low hp and wog yourself to full at 3rd stack and 4th drops you again. Isn't hard.
    Worked perfectly. Completely trivialized the fight for me.

Ok so I read this thread for quite sometime and I see a lot of Prots talking about Holy Shield being used in every encounter except for a few. Off the top of my head I can see the Add on Gorefiend with ticking magic dmg. Xhul last phase.

So HS has chance to block magic dmg correct or am I crazy and it is ALL magic dmg? If it can be blocked.
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    Ok so I read this thread for quite sometime and I see a lot of Prots talking about Holy Shield being used in every encounter except for a few. Off the top of my head I can see the Add on Gorefiend with ticking magic dmg. Xhul last phase.

So HS has chance to block magic dmg correct or am I crazy and it is ALL magic dmg? If it can be blocked.
    Any spell damage which cannot normally be blocked can usually be blocked with HS - as far as I am aware, this also counts things that are flagged as "physical" but are spells, not auto-attacks.

Additionally, against mobs that melee, but do so for some sort of magical damage - such as the adds on Ko'ragh or Mar'gok - Holy Shield will effectively grant you two block rolls, thus both doing an absurd amount of DPS and providing unparalleled mitigative value.

I mean, there's no real reason per se to go full retard on Gurtogg until he hits 30%, there's just no punishment for doing so. In Mythic you're going to have to treat them much like Maidens, still killing Gurtogg first, but on HC you can get away with taking them from 100% to 0 one by one.
    Yeah but kouji71 is doing normal in the log, so taking out Gurtogg completely ASAP it's pretty beneficial as there is no soft enrage like on M Maidens.

Keeping it simple kill skull till it's dead works for normal and heroic. Your right about mythic though, I would expect a more complicated strat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post

Looking at logs there are plenty of heroic kills with EmpS, Sera and HS... all pretty viable but for mythic it's looking like Sera won't be powerful enough on fights with short/frequent tank swaps.

I mean Sera's still fine if you have a good SoTR duration up from HA but it's probably not going to be enough mitigation on it's own when SoTR is down and you're banking HP for the 2x SoTR after Sera ends.
    Last edited by RagnorZ; 2015-07-01 at 02:03 AM.

So, I had some crazy RNG in Normal today and got all 3 of the good tank trinkets. O_o Now I'm kind of in trinket overload, not sure what to use.

I have a Heroic BFD with a socket, a Mythic TTT, a Mythic Blackhand trinket, a Mythic PotE, a Normal Anzu's, a Normal WUE, and a Normal Imbued Stone Sigil. Help?

My go-to in BRF was PotE + TTT for safety/progression, or BFD + TTT for farm/DPS whoring. Now, I'm not sure what to do.

P.S. I reach 87% block with Holy Shield + Anzu's + BFD + Weapon Enchant + T17 2pc. Awesome.
    Last edited by Won7on; 2015-07-01 at 05:59 AM.

I was wondering what you guy's opinions are regarding the T18 2pc bonus. I read a few posts back that you tested it in PTR and it seemed to absorb alot, but I don't feel the same.

I was lucky enough to get 2pc t18 right when HFC came out, so I have been using it the rest of the week. At first I thought it was bugged, cause I never saw any new "bubbles" appear when I cast Avenging Shield. It was not until I actually looked closely at my buffs that I realized that the "bubble" I was getting was just getting removed instantly.

Based on what I saw, the bubbles I was getting was about 7-12k, which was usually instantly removed by a swing from any boss (sometimes even an add). Am I missing something here?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i have 4 set and archi trinket but from what i have been able to tank is that the shield you get from it does not really help you for when you need it and the 4 set is actually pretty much useless.

maybe if the shield you got from the 2 set was bigger or the 4 set gave you holy power would this would out to where it would help you because at least then you would feel a need to spam your AS. but right now its the complete opposite where you still want SotR over the shield any day and that you actually might even do less single target damage as well by ignoring it.

i dunno it just feels like prot and ret keep getting left behind patch after patch im starting to get pretty annoyed by the lack of understanding in how the two specs function and how the devs BELIEVE they function. its just two very different things and its hurting the class as a whole.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hhm007 View Post
    Based on what I saw, the bubbles I was getting was about 7-12k, which was usually instantly removed by a swing from any boss (sometimes even an add). Am I missing something here?
    What difficulty are you tanking when you get these numbers? Solaire said he was getting sick numbers against a Mythic dummy, dunno if it might be a lack of Resolve thing?