Finally got 4piece, LoV, and legendary ring! Time for the real fun! This 4piece proc is insane!

Quote Originally Posted by Ganewate View Post
    So, digressing from the current line of the thread a little, I've been doing some math.

My raidbuffed HP last night was 500k, i use the WA linked a few pages back to track Avenger's Reprieve, I noticed a few times by AR absorb value at ~101k, which is in excess of what should be possible with that max HP on max resolve so I started analysing some logs.

After some time and playing with a calculator, I found the culprit, rallying cry, all done and happy i thought. However the numbers coming out of my calculator were still slightly off, Max HP w/ Rallying coming out at 575k, brought me to a max absorb of 103k not 101k. I started working backwards, max resolve normal absorbs were coming out at 90k, whereas I know the WA always shows high 80s. Reverse enginingeering knowing my baseline AR absorb, my max resolve AR absorb and my rallying/max resolve AR I came to a new problem, the multiplication factor on 2pc from max hp was consistently coming out at ~4.9% instead of 5%.

Now I'll openly admit I'm shit at theorycrafting so maybe I'm using an incorrect value somewhere (by all means do some math on your own logs and prove me an idiot please, this is driving me nuts), but if I'm not wrong, which element is broken? Is AR actually only giving us 4.9% of max HP or is the WA underreporting our absorb value?
    Ok, it's quite simple... Versatility affects our 2pc
    So the 2pc absorb is
    (1+Versatility Bonus Healing/100) * (1+Resolve/100) * Max Health * .05

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    Does lov even proc in heroic, I never dropped below 70% on my pallynette when I was doing boost runs. I don't have 2p/4p either.
    No it really doesn't on basically any fight maybe archimonde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miayu View Post
    Ok, it's quite simple... Versatility affects our 2pc
    So the 2pc absorb is
    (1+Versatility Bonus Healing/100) * (1+Resolve/100) * Max Health * .05
    that's just what I wanted to post :P that's why the legendary ring or seraphim also affects our 2p.

the bad thing about the legendary is that we lose %gain the more versatility we have.... -.- as it is 25% from base damage/heal not the one modified by vers on gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    No it really doesn't on basically any fight maybe archimonde.
    on our first kill it was about 30% of my damage so yeah it was fine there. but now with lots more ilvl and the boss being on farm, it was only 6% of my damage last week, so no, it doesn't procc on Heroic anymore for me and I won't sue it in Heroic from now on. but depending on the skill and ilvl of a raidgroup it could still be very good.

it really depends everyone gotta keep an eye on the proccs and decide for himself if it is worth it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    Does lov even proc in heroic, I never dropped below 70% on my pallynette when I was doing boost runs. I don't have 2p/4p either.
    Only on fights with a hard hit like Xhul'horac, Mannoroth or Archimonde really. I've just surrendered to using WUE and ACP the entire time and try to do tank parses instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferbian View Post
    Only on fights with a hard hit like Xhul'horac, Mannoroth or Archimonde really. I've just surrendered to using WUE and ACP the entire time and try to do tank parses instead.
    And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why you save a coin every week to try and sneak in an EDH.

If you can't get your hands on an EDH, VoCS from BRF is a good alternative as a DPS trinket for now - it's the trinket I used on my 53k Zakuun parse.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why you save a coin every week to try and sneak in an EDH.

If you can't get your hands on an EDH, VoCS from BRF is a good alternative as a DPS trinket for now - it's the trinket I used on my 53k Zakuun parse.
    Please, I'm still trying to coin tier gear *sob*

Deleted
    Dos LoV proc after the ICD and you are still below the HP threshold? Or do you have to be healed back up to get hit under it again?

So say I take a hit that takes me down to 50% HP, trinket procs, before the 12 seconds are up im around 55% HP, ICD comes off, I take minor damage whilst under 60% will the trinket proc?

Have to get droped below the threshold of the trinket for it to proc. Hence why its not very good on Velhari once you get below the HP threshold its worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Reiken View Post
    Dos LoV proc after the ICD and you are still below the HP threshold? Or do you have to be healed back up to get hit under it again?

So say I take a hit that takes me down to 50% HP, trinket procs, before the 12 seconds are up im around 55% HP, ICD comes off, I take minor damage whilst under 60% will the trinket proc?
    You have to be healed back up over the threshold.
    Tank Extraordinaire

Hi,

I think I know the answer but I just want to confirm. I typically play Ret, but dabble in holy and prot when needed. I have the following trinkets

685 Tablet of Turnbuckle Teamwork
    670 Pillar of the Earth
    700 Empty drinking horn
    700 Discordant Chorus - with Leech

Is the sheer STR on EDH and DC sufficient to swap out and drop the stam and armor from Tablet and Pillar? I am trying to get the tanking trinkets, but have had no luck yet.

I believe Pillar should be dropped for DC, and I am up in the air between EDH and the Tablet

Thanks
    Last edited by Sylvore; 2015-07-31 at 04:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvore View Post
    Hi,

I think I know the answer but I just want to confirm. I typically play Ret, but dabble in holy and prot when needed. I have the following trinkets

685 Tablet of Turnbuckle Teamwork
    670 Pillar of the Earth
    700 Empty drinking horn
    700 Discordant Chorus - with Leech

Is the sheer STR on EDH and DC sufficient to swap out and drop the stam and armor from Tablet and Pillar? I am trying to get the tanking trinkets, but have had no luck yet.

I believe Pillar should be dropped for DC, and I am up in the air between EDH and the Tablet

Thanks
    Drop Pillar for EDH - it's a much stronger DPS trinket and a comparable mitigation trinket to DC. Whether you want to run with Tablet or DC in the second slot is going to depend largely on the fight and whether you have the legendary ring - in which case the DPS value of on-use trinkets is essentially inflated by 25% or more because they sync perfectly with Sanctus + HA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quietmode View Post
    You have to be healed back up over the threshold.
    Wow, that devalues the trinket a hell of a lot :/

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone written a Weak Aura to track the shield amount of the t18 2pc? Would be useful to have

Has anyone written a Weak Aura to track the shield amount of the t18 2pc? Would be useful to have
    Here you go:

Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    http://pastebin.com/UY711pGz

posted it a few posts ago

- - - Updated - - -

I can confirm it doesn't stack anymore just refreshes based on resolve.

That was quick

Wow, that devalues the trinket a hell of a lot :/

- - - Updated - - -

Towelliee wrote a good one a few pages back.

Deleted
    Brilliant thanks for that, works a charm

Question about the legendary ring if im the first one in my guild to get it would it be better to use the dps one at least until the other tank gets his legendary tanking ring?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pung9 View Post
    Question about the legendary ring if im the first one in my guild to get it would it be better to use the dps one at least until the other tank gets his legendary tanking ring?
    You cant activate the on use effect of the dps ring if you are in tank specialization and ofc you dont gain the buff even if someone else uses it.

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    You cant activate the on use effect of the dps ring if you are in tank specialization and ofc you dont gain the buff even if someone else uses it.
    Not to mention that the tanking one is quite powerful in its own right. The burst damage I'm able to get out from the 25% versatility paired with Holy Avenger is maddening.

Quick question about trinkets, Have been using a normal WUE, and Normal ACP. Mythic Foundry mission just brought in a Mythic BFD, Worth keeping ACP, or swapping it for the Higher bonus armor on the BFD? The WUE is important for keeping the haste hard cap with current gearand thus not really an option to drop it at the moment.