Page 1 of 596
... LastLast

[Prot] WoD/Legion Alpha Discussion

Since everyone can't wait to discuss all the new and exciting things that are happening in WoD.

Alpha/Beta Discussion

Thanks for creating a new thread

10+ Year Old Account
    So does it seem like Holy Shield will be the default choice for PvE?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    So does it seem like Holy Shield will be the default choice for PvE?
    Based on simulations and such at http://www.sacredduty.net/2014/11/12...ds-of-draenor/ it's safe to say all the level 100 talents can be used, but Holy Shield is most likely to be the go-to at first simply because it's passive. Once fights are learned Seraphim or EmpS will work fine, though EmpS will lag behind a bit due to its mechanics vs numbers.

But if there's tank switching or heavy movement then HS will lose value since its offense is entirely reliant on getting attacked whereas Sera and EmpS can shine there due to using the abilities better while not tanking.
    Last edited by Jackielope; 2014-11-14 at 07:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate EmpS alot, so i switched from Ret to Prot, but this abomination of a talent is stalking me. Whatever. Prot is fun as hell, so i will run around as tank now.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Deleted
    Anyone got an idea for stat-priority at 100? Guess Bonus armor + Mastery + Vers are up there?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldara View Post
    Anyone got an idea for stat-priority at 100? Guess Bonus armor + Mastery + Vers are up there?
    Look at http://www.sacredduty.net/2014/11/12...ds-of-draenor/ for that sort of info, as best we know at the moment.

With Holy Shield it's BA>>Mastery>>Crit/Vers>Multi>Haste for best TMI/burst survival. With Seraphim the sims put out odd numbers, so Theck took a look at the stat plots and found Haste was being flaky but on average was similar to other stats instead of being hugely in the lead of all but BA. With Vers the stat weights go BA>>Vers>Crit>Mastery>Haste/Multi. EmpS goes BA>>Mastery>Vers>Haste/Crit/Multi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Deleted
    oh great link, new to prot paladin. thanks a bunch!

Sim can say A, but that does not feel the right thing to do. In those couple dungeons of dungeons I have done today. I really miss high haste. For example you can't fit an extra GCD and than interrupt a 2 sec cast.

Of course you could argue that I have to get used to it. Still just the fact that haste seems not the go to stat while or aplify and the paladin game play in MoP is been labeled by defs as gamers as something great. Sugest for me that there is something fishy going on, that isn't the servers.

lol, fairly sure that HS is still glitched since beta, and still doesn't do dmg when it should be.

Need some input about prot...
    Self healing seems low - in soloing situations (3m life rare, freshly dinged 100) - i tried all 3 lvl 100 talents, Emps seemed to be very good but also very dull play, it healed a lot and i'm thinking at high haste is might actually be a very good talent (or removal of GCD on seals?)

I know the standard go to talent is HS - but i do believe it is crap
    Most of the time i see its done 0 dmg? so bugged as said above?

I tried Seraphim.. Its clunky - 5 HP for little duration... But i think atm as a freshly dinged 100 it is the best talent - it gives so many stats, HS isnt strong enough by looks (or bugged).

Anyone else thinking similar?
    I want to use EMps but its too slow play - Seraphim also seems stupid due to costing us 5 HP but appears to just straightup win lvl 100 talents?

Also self healing, Low? my word of glory heals for nothing anymore.

Deleted
    My self healing feels a bit low too, 5 stack WoG is barely touching me :\

I think tank self healing in general took a knock

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansekh View Post
    Sim can say A, but that does not feel the right thing to do. In those couple dungeons of dungeons I have done today. I really miss high haste. For example you can't fit an extra GCD and than interrupt a 2 sec cast.

Of course you could argue that I have to get used to it. Still just the fact that haste seems not the go to stat while or aplify and the paladin game play in MoP is been labeled by defs as gamers as something great. Sugest for me that there is something fishy going on, that isn't the servers.
    Rebuke is and has been off the GCD for the entirety of MoP. If there's one thing you can't blame on low haste, it's interrupts.

Yes, you are correct if you only need to interrupt only 1 thing during a short time.
    No, you are not correct if you want to interrupt more than once during a short time.

Deleted
    Seraphim is love, Seraphim is life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilkie View Post
    My self healing feels a bit low too, 5 stack WoG is barely touching me :\

I think tank self healing in general took a knock
    well it was intended by blizzard that healers are supposed to keep the tank alive.

Deleted
    Not actually missing Haste that much tbh. Not anywhere near as dire as I thought it would be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    lol, fairly sure that HS is still glitched since beta, and still doesn't do dmg when it should be.
    It definitely seems not to deal damage on physical blocks at least.

Also fuck EMPS. I wouldn't use that scab of a talent if it was the only thing on the tier.

Its just pathetic that they stealth nerfed holy shield to only reflect damage on spells and not melee hits

Deleted
    Send bug reports about it. Either they'll clarify the wording or it will indeed be fixed to work on physical attacks. Based on the current tooltip I'm inclined to think it's supposed to deal damage on all blocks. Would be stupid to have a talent that has absolutely no DPS benefit on physical mobs.