Deleted
    Hey guys,

it seems that I did something "entirely" wrong the last weeks on tanking. However I am going to change my gear as it seems I should be more on Haste > Versa then anything else. Anyone out there got a pawn-string for me which is both acurate and up to date?

Also, I got a bunch of trinkets and currently I am not 100% sure which one would be the overall best to use?

Inescapable Dread - 860
    Phantasmal Echo - 865
    Parjesh's Medallion - 855
    Animated Exoskeleton - 870
    Fang of Tichondrius - 875
    Unstable Arcanocrystal - 860
    Eye of Command - 860
    Ethereal Urn - 880

As I cant link my armory yet, Cormas EU-Rexxar, if anyone got some handy hints, feel free.

Thanks for your help guys

Quote Originally Posted by Cormas View Post
    Inescapable Dread - 860
    Phantasmal Echo - 865
    Parjesh's Medallion - 855
    Animated Exoskeleton - 870
    Fang of Tichondrius - 875
    Unstable Arcanocrystal - 860
    Eye of Command - 860
    Ethereal Urn - 880
    Arcanocrystal for sure, tons of free stats.

For a second one, hmm, don't have much experience with Kara trinkets and their value so hard to be certain, all I know is: Phantasmal Echo - glorified haste stat stick, treat it as such, Parjesh's Medallion - garbage, exoskeleton is better in all ways, Animated Exoskeleton - mostly a stamina stat stick, can use when you find you hp low for specific encounters, Fang of Tichondrius - only useful to cheese necrotic in m+ probably.

Eye and Urn have stats I wouldn't consider very desirable, crit and mastery.

From that list Inescapable Dread actually doesn't sound so bad as a second slot, but I don't really know how well it works, I'll leave that to others to discuss.

Deleted
    Did a very quick skim over your logs (as in around 1min), and I can see some fundamental rotational issues.

1) Cons uptime could be higher (this increases your active mit amount, and self healing amount) - Aim to keep it down and to be in it
    2) Seraphim use very low - Looking at some fights, you go as low as 1 cast over the entire fight, at this point you shouldn't use that talent....
    3) Final Stand - You appear to be using this for raiding? If you go with hand of the protector you may yield more survivability results as it reduces the CD on your self heal (which you should probably be using more)
    1) Thanks, will keep more eye on Cons-up time
    2) Well Seraphim seems to be pretty weak without SotR-charges and on some fights i prefer the DR from SotR, which in the end leads to the low usage.
    3) Thanks, will change and try this one for raiding

Trinkets

Are these for defensive purposes? If so, Buy a DMC deck and upgrade it to 10/10 and have your Arcanocrystal as your 2nd. Will work on pretty much all fights (apart from Krosus/Star Augur as they're mostly magic dmg), by the time you're progressing on them you should have a better set to work with.
    More or less defensive. We have been talking within our raid yesterday about my tanking and figured I really should changed some things, so I grabbed all trinkets I have to see where I can get the best out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormas View Post
    2) Well Seraphim seems to be pretty weak without SotR-charges and on some fights i prefer the DR from SotR, which in the end leads to the low usage.
    Then you should not use seraphim for these fights. Either invest in respec tomes or just pick a safer talent, the point of seraphim is two-fold, either you're doing cutting edge content and you really need that extra tank dps (and then you also usually know where you can use it safely and how), or you're doing trivial content that doesn't kill you so you want to steamroll it.

Your gear looks fine, your talents look to me as a m+ setup rather than raid one. Leggy pants + first avenger + final stand + seraphim. All of these are good for m+, for raiding they aren't always the best choice though. Also you should only pick consecrated ground in 2 cases, 1 you need kiting (like in m+ necrotic), 2 you have a holy paladin in the group who uses judgement of light (esp. with holy leggie ring). I assume either of those is the case, otherwise judgement of light provides more healing.

I am a total noob paladin tank alt. my main is a rogue, what I would like to ask is how something like 835 unbridled fury stacks up against an 870 royal dagger haft.

I have darkmoon immortality in my main trinket slot, and use an 870 angerboda for dps.

But for pure surv I am wondering if the armor from Unbridled > the Cheat Death from Royal Dagger Haft. Both having crit I am only worried about the proc/ on use.

Apologies if this has been asked and answered, better to ask here than in a new thread right!

Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    The cheat death from the Royal Dagger Haft doesn't work unless it's been ninja hotfixed. It's just a crit stat stick.

Your 870 angerboda would yield more defensive benefit than any of your options (personally I use an angerboda when tanking).
    Awesome ty for the advice!

Hi guys. I'm getting 3 different values for my SoTR buff (rather than 2 consecrated and non-consecrated).

base SoTR reduction is 44%,
    if i macro SoTR and consecration (with consecration first) together i get 52%
    standing in consecration for longer than a second i'll get the full 57%.

I've been able to replicate it reliably and have isolated it to being the tier 19 2-set 10% buff taking longer to kick in than the normal consecration bonus would.

Thoughts?

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The cheat death from the Royal Dagger Haft doesn't work unless it's been ninja hotfixed. It's just a crit stat stick.

Your 870 angerboda would yield more defensive benefit than any of your options (personally I use an angerboda when tanking).
    My Dagger Haft procs occasionally, so presumably it has "worked". I don't think of it as an amazing trinket, but I use it for fights where a cheat death seems useful.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

It works only if the fatal damage taken does not exceed amount of absorb trinket can do.
    So it is not a trinket to take to M+15 raging dungeon.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

I just got my 3rd legendary on my paladin and am wondering a few things.

Current legendaries:
    Tyelca - AS pants
    Sephuz - haste proc ring
    Heathcliff - 4% dmg reduction ring

Currently I am wearing Tyelca and Heathcliff for general use, but is there ever a situation where the Sephuz would be better over either of these? Pants and Sephuz are both really good for M+ due to the large volume of trash and procable mobs, but both pretty lackluster for bosses other than just stat sticks. Heathcliff seems good all the time since I'm in consecration pretty much 100% of the time. Anyone have any insight into how these should be used?

In terms of stat budgets, both rings have ~500 more stam than a comparable 880 ring, whereas the pants have ~1500 more stam than their 880 counterparts. So I would lose a considerable amount of stats replacing the pants if I chose to wear both rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Holovik View Post
    Currently I am wearing Tyelca and Heathcliff for general use, but is there ever a situation where the Sephuz would be better over either of these?
    Obviously a situation where you can proc Sephuz and there isn't ever more than 3 mobs together to dps (to utilize the pants).

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    These are the ToS tanking trinkets. They all currently have Stamina as well but I assume that part is PH. I guess they did listen and gave us somewhat more interesting choices this time.
    This is nice indeed, finally we don't have to choose between only "dps trinkets", "stat sticks", "pitiful absorb shields" or "annoying drawbacks".

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holovik View Post
    I just got my 3rd legendary on my paladin and am wondering a few things.

Current legendaries:
    Tyelca - AS pants
    Sephuz - haste proc ring
    Heathcliff - 4% dmg reduction ring

Currently I am wearing Tyelca and Heathcliff for general use, but is there ever a situation where the Sephuz would be better over either of these? Pants and Sephuz are both really good for M+ due to the large volume of trash and procable mobs, but both pretty lackluster for bosses other than just stat sticks. Heathcliff seems good all the time since I'm in consecration pretty much 100% of the time. Anyone have any insight into how these should be used?

In terms of stat budgets, both rings have ~500 more stam than a comparable 880 ring, whereas the pants have ~1500 more stam than their 880 counterparts. So I would lose a considerable amount of stats replacing the pants if I chose to wear both rings.
    Tyelca and Sephuz are a great combination for M+. Sure you can switch to Heathcliff for the bosses, but bosses are mostly the easy part of M+. I keep my equipment sets on my action bar so I can switch on the fly when not in combat. As to which to switch - will there be adds in the boss fight? Interruptible spells? If you can proc Sephuz reliably I would use it. Otherwise switch rings and keep the armor from the legs.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway I am going to link these again for visibility:

Shifting Cosmic Sliver
    Equip: Taking damage has a chance to grant you Cunning of the Deceiver, stacking up to 10 times.
    Use: Expend your Cunning to reduce the cooldown of a strong defensive ability by 5 sec per stack. If a strong defensive ability is currently active, this instead extends its duration by 0.5 sec per stack. (20 Sec Cooldown)

Feverish Carapace
    Equip: Taking damage has a chance to increase your Armor by 3120 and cause you to reflect 312 damage as Fire when you are attacked. Lasts 10 sec.

Leviathan's Hunger
    Use: Unleash devouring darkness upon an enemy that is attacking you, reducing their movement speed by 70% and inflicting 124800 Shadow damage over 8 sec. You are healed for 300% of the damage dealt. (1 Min, 30 Sec Cooldown)

Reliquary of the Damned
    Use: Surround yourself with wailing souls to prevent 50% of damage taken for 4 sec, until you have prevented [758160 * (1 + Versatility)] damage. If the shield is entirely depleted, the cooldown of this ability is reduced by 30 sec. (2 Min, 30 Sec Cooldown)

Recompiled Guardian Module
    Equip: Taking damage has a chance to heal you for 18720 over 6 sec. When this effect expires, you and up to 4 allies within 15 yds gain a shield that prevents 6240 damage for 15 sec.

These are the ToS tanking trinkets. They all currently have Stamina as well but I assume that part is PH. I guess they did listen and gave us somewhat more interesting choices this time.

I would definitely want the Sliver, Reliquary and Module
    Oh those look nice! So much nicer than any we have now!

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Folks,

is there a quick resource for m+ tanking? Stats, Legs, Talents?

Thanks
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks man. This helps a lot.

I have bad luck with legendaries. Currently i have Aggramars and yesterday i've got uthers bullshit bracers.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    I have bad luck with legendaries. Currently i have Aggramars and yesterday i've got uthers bullshit bracers.
    Luckily prot palas aren't super dependent on correct legendaries, good legendaries help but we're nowhere in the boat of "can't play the spec well without x legendary".

Tbh the way the spec plays is significantly different when you use the legendary helm/4p/HotP/RP combo.
    Btw which shitty setpiece you'd recommend to use with the helmet, pants or chest? Both have really unfavourable stats. Shame high haste piece is the set helm and that's the same slot as the legendary that synergizes the most with the set bonus.

I would assume it completely depends on what else you have? I am currently using pants but that's because they are warforged and I have the haste/vers chest from Aluriel but ultimately it depends on what your options are.
    895 Aluriel chest, 900 mythic chrono pants, 890 tier pieces for both chest / pants. Both standalone are downgrade but need to squeeze 4set somewhere.

Yeah, you do have a point in that, aluriel's chest is perfectly statted (hope one day for mythic version) while there is no well-statted pants, can't believe NH has only 1 plate pants altogether, I don't think that many plate classes have even legendary pants that are good for raiding. I know prot palas and frost dks have leggie pants but both are mostly good for m+.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=146667/r...urage#comments

The legendary crafted plate belt passive:
    Rethu's Incessant Courage
    When an enemy is within 8 yards of you, you heal for 2% of your maximum health every 3 sec. When no enemies are within 8 yards of you, your movement speed is increased by 15%.

Seems like the best of the crafted legendaries, at least from a raiders perspective.

Deleted
    I have a question about Last Defender, apologies if this discussion has been had in this thread already. I know that in terms of damage reduction the formula is "1 - 0.97^TargetCount" but my question is about the damage increase, obviously a similar formula can't be in place because it would work in the opposite fashion and make it even more effective per mob, is there any DR involved at all for the damage increase? If so what is it?