I just got a 905 Spiked Counterweight from the nethershard vendor! Had to come tell someone who would appreciate my happiness. Trinkets have been this toon's weak slots for the longest. This is probably the nicest trinket he has had since WoD?

Curiously, my tooltip in-game says it does 333k (with same cap) rather than 213k. Maybe that's a stat thing? Either way it's a 905 haste stat stick with what should be a useful proc. Looking forward to trying it out!

So far, after just a few Broken Shore rares, "Brutal Haymaker" seems to be running about 4% of my total DPS. Not sure if that is measuring just the trinket hits, or if it also takes into account the 15% buff to damage.
    Last edited by Peacekeeper Benhir; 2017-05-06 at 10:10 PM.

The trinket hits are one part, and then there is a debuff applied to the mob i believe, which caps out quite quickly of "bonus" damage you can deal. However from my testing of this some time ago the dmg taken bonus was the interesting part, but as it had a cap, any amount of STR would be better than this from a DPS PoV.

Haste stick with no real bonus on it. About as useful as an int haste stick.
    Cetraben (Armory Link) - Guild Master + Raid Leader - <Catalyst> Tarren Mill (EU-Horde) - Currently Recruiting: Click for more info

Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    The trinket hits are one part, and then there is a debuff applied to the mob i believe, which caps out quite quickly of "bonus" damage you can deal. However from my testing of this some time ago the dmg taken bonus was the interesting part, but as it had a cap, any amount of STR would be better than this from a DPS PoV.

Haste stick with no real bonus on it. About as useful as an int haste stick.
    Yeah was starting to figure this out. Oh wells, I got to be excited for a bit. If only I could get a WF stat stick for my pally. He's my main, and still using 885 trinkets. I have two alts that both equip 900+ trinkets in each slot.

So, has anyone gotten haste stat sticks from the 5k trinkets you can buy in the broken shore, while being in prot spec? I keep getting versa sticks :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Ooshraxa View Post
    So, has anyone gotten haste stat sticks from the 5k trinkets you can buy in the broken shore, while being in prot spec? I keep getting versa sticks :-/
    Yes. I am equipping one now: Cruel Combatant's Accolade of Victory with 1116 Haste & 502 Speed. Not sure what the odds are, and then there's the odds of whether it will WF/TF, but I've gotten a couple decent ones. Better luck on my alts than main, of course. My wee warrior (newest alt) got a 900 Cruel Combatant with his first 5k nethershards.

- - - Updated - - -

So... given that my 905 Spiked Counterweight isn't as exciting as I first thought, and that trinkets continue to be my weakest slot, I am left debating between 885 Chrono Shard and 895 Ethereal Urn. Anyone have a strong opinion? I figure it's about a toss-up.

Has anyone spent any time with the new trinkets on the PTR yet? I think the tanking trinkets all have potential (I wish the Shifting Cosmic Sliver had something other than mastery though) and I'll try to log in later today and see how the dps trinkets change depending on whether you are in tank spec or not. I also kind of like the Deceiver's Grand Design

I just got a 905 Spiked Counterweight from the nethershard vendor! Had to come tell someone who would appreciate my happiness. Trinkets have been this toon's weak slots for the longest. This is probably the nicest trinket he has had since WoD?
    Gratz, i got 880 version of Shivermaw's Jawbone with STR and AOE nuke versit proc, helps very much on teeming weeks
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Yes. I am equipping one now: Cruel Combatant's Accolade of Victory with 1116 Haste & 502 Speed. Not sure what the odds are, and then there's the odds of whether it will WF/TF, but I've gotten a couple decent ones. Better luck on my alts than main, of course. My wee warrior (newest alt) got a 900 Cruel Combatant with his first 5k nethershards.

- - - Updated - - -

So... given that my 905 Spiked Counterweight isn't as exciting as I first thought, and that trinkets continue to be my weakest slot, I am left debating between 885 Chrono Shard and 895 Ethereal Urn. Anyone have a strong opinion? I figure it's about a toss-up.
    Mastery is a pretty weak stat. I'd wear the Chrono, that haste proc is a nice minilust.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    And you're absolutely positive that you got it while in Prot lootspec? Sorry to be asking so bluntly, I'd just not waste my shards on Versa stat sticks if there's no chance of getting a haste stick.

And you're absolutely positive that you got it while in Prot lootspec? Sorry to be asking so bluntly, I'd just not waste my shards on Versa stat sticks if there's no chance of getting a haste stick.
    I've gotten a crit stat stick while in prot loot spec. Should be the same for haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I've gotten a crit stat stick while in prot loot spec. Should be the same for haste.
    Thanks! - 10char

No I am not certain I got it in prot spec. I sometimes do switch loot specialization to ret long enough to unwrap trinkets.

You get STR stat sticks as Prot/Ret, Int stat sticks as Holy.
    Cetraben (Armory Link) - Guild Master + Raid Leader - <Catalyst> Tarren Mill (EU-Horde) - Currently Recruiting: Click for more info

Question: Botanist last phase (Solarist) can I use spellwarding on myself while rooted or will he cast flare on someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Toore View Post
    Question: Botanist last phase (Solarist) can I use spellwarding on myself while rooted or will he cast flare on someone else?
    You're immune to the spellcast so it goes on someone else.

Which legendary did you decide to upgrade first? I decided on the legs, because I can use them for M+ as well as raiding. Which did you pick?

First 3 to upgrade: Helm > Legs > Sephuz

Got soul 970, and will get shoulders 970