I don't think Soul is good enough, we have plenty good legendarys on protection.

I upgraded Legs, then Sephuz, because I only do HC content at the start and love to play m+. I got Soul on 970 yesterday, shoulder last week 940..
    So now I have Leg/Sephuz for Tank and Sephuz/Soul for DPS, next upgrade will be most likely archimonde trinket for DPS.

Deleted
    BiS Setup for Prot Paladins?

Legendary Helm all the way. (They profit ALOT from T19)
    Legendary Pants all the way. (They profit ALOT from T20)
    Sephuz for DPS as option.
    Legendary Shoulders for DPS as option.
    Legendary Belt as an option - just because they are strong.

So what is the best combination of T19 + T20 + Legendaries?

I really love T19 and I'm not excited about the T20.

Sticking to T19 during T20 tier won't be an option, but sticking to the 2pc T19 might be imo. Since it will increase LoTP by roughly 5% and our Mitigation by rougly 6%.

Looking at the 4pc T20, we get 5% damage reduction basically all the time. This is kinda nice, but is it better than our T19 2piece? We basically don't need any damage reduction outside SotR. If we use SotR, we're save anyway. It's similar to versatility in that case. Its just not needed. But those 5% more heals on LoTP with 2 charges, can add up during an entire bossfight.

Im currently thinking about this Setup: Legendary Helmet. Legendary Pants. So 4 open Setslots.

So we can go 4pc T20 or 2pc T19 2pc T20. 4pc T20 will only be an option if you have all the items.

Secondary statswise you can compare the setslots like this:

T20 gloves > T19 gloves (krit + vers > vers + mastery)
    T20 cloak > T19 cloak (haste + vers > haste + mastery)
    T20 chest > T19 chest ( haste + mastery > krit + mastery)
    T19 shoulder > T20 shoulder (haste+vers > krit + mastery)

So the goal would be: Getting a high rolled T19 shoulder (920++) and a high rolled T19 cloak (920++) and than using T20 chest + T20 gloves.

And later maybe sticking to full T20, cuz ilvl will be way superior and easy to get.

Quote Originally Posted by JhonnyQ View Post
    We basically don't need any damage reduction outside SotR.
    ??? You mean it feels great when you're trying to bank shield charges for bosses' specials and you get meleed for more than 50% of your total hp per swing? I think Paladins out of all tanks could definitely use some extra smoothing tools and 4p t20 is gonna be one of them.

If you intend to use pants + helmet then your tier slots are locked since both of them take a tier slot out.

On the other hand, I saw a prot paladin in one of my server's top guilds use the combo of pants + chest + the GotAK trinket from KJ, does anyone think this guy is onto something and this is gonna be a good combo once we start getting the trinket?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    AD,EoT and GoAK are essentially there to use when you don't have ShotR up (or if you are banking it). For Protection, Active Mitigation is our strongest mitigation and Cooldowns are there for when it is not available or rarely for when it is not enough.
    When tanking heroic KJ I had to use AD / artifact together with shield slam during 3+ stacks of claws, if I used only shield there was risk of dying, so between the claws there were moments I had to take melee in the face and not use shield to bank the charges for claws.

Best thing was when I got the beam target me as well and had to blow a cd for that... I don't even know why it can target the active tank but apparently it can.

They just seems so strong, and especially since warriors just ate shit and are already going to fall off in mythic, druid seems handily top tank.

Is Tyelca's really that great for raiding this tier? I get the 20% damage increase to AS, but that still seems like a relatively weak legendary power (assuming ST fight).

Quote Originally Posted by Freds1234 View Post
    Is Tyelca's really that great for raiding this tier? I get the 20% damage increase to AS, but that still seems like a relatively weak legendary power (assuming ST fight).
    Due to Bulwark of Order you get 20% of your AS damage as a shield. With 2pc having the chance to reset the CD and taking First Avenger to further buff the damage by another 50% to your first target, you really can get a nice shield every few seconds. There are other good legendaries that have nice synergy with the t20 set bonuses (like the chest) but I think the legs benefit more.

Some Math:
    At 907 equipped I regularly hit AS for around 600k, critting for 1.2Mil, higher with AW. I have 25% crit so assuming average damage per cast of 750k for Avenger Shield that is 150k shield every cast (on average, to level out crits).

To me, buffing a shield that you get every few seconds is a pretty nice increase to mitigation and having the added benefit of really insane stats (since pants are budgeted so highly) makes them really solid. The other legendary I think would go really well with t20 would be the chest. Since AS will be used more frequently, you will see a nice reduction to GOAK CD so I can see that being another viable legendary, if you find yourself needing that 50% mitigation for certain mechanics (*cough* fel claws). I think ultimately it depends on what your current needs are in the raid as well as what t20 you have to equip your legendaries around.

Quote Originally Posted by Holovik View Post
    The other legendary I think would go really well with t20 would be the chest. Since AS will be used more frequently, you will see a nice reduction to GOAK CD so I can see that being another viable legendary, if you find yourself needing that 50% mitigation for certain mechanics (*cough* fel claws).
    Isn't shoulder better for fel claws because it aligns artifact ability with fel claws better? Helmet or the archimonde trinket can help surviving them as well with more frequent usage than you'd get your GOAK back.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Isn't shoulder better for fel claws because it aligns artifact ability with fel claws better? Helmet or the archimonde trinket can help surviving them as well with more frequent usage than you'd get your GOAK back.
    Yeah 45 sec CD on Eye of Tyr would definitely be good for fel claws. Didn't even think about shoulders.

I just got the shoulders this week, and am excited to try them out on KJ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got the shoulders a week ago, and it's soooo fun. I'm easily topping meters in Mythic+.

Deleted
    Jeez, had to scroll a few pages back to find this thread, where'd everyone go??? reroll??

The current plan for the new set bonus, numbers are not final:

2p - Block chance increased by 10% (additive).
    4p - when you are not affected by Shield of the Righteous, the effect of the 2p is increased by 100%.
    Sounds rather bland and a boring way to try address the issue with the prot pally active mitigation imo.

...discuss?
    Last edited by mmoc5e0aa48be1; 2017-07-29 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Added opinion

Every class has a discord, yet Brewmaster and Blood DK threads stayed alive. :thinking:

Most prot paladins who contributed anything past "emergewd i got this item, much excite" rerolled, yes. You can find them now on discord posting wheelchair symbols while actually doing raid progress on some viable class.

I'm still here on occasion, as I can't access Discord from my work computer.

So we got seraphim nerfed today which is actually a buff if you have a 4pc T21
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    So we got seraphim nerfed today which is actually a buff if you have a 4pc T21
    what nerf? you mean the cooldown to 45sec? k

? It's an even bigger nerf if you have 4p t21. With the 4p you could get some value out of two charges of ShoR every 30 seconds and still keep the +10% block, now you can only do that every 45 seconds.
    The amount of block you get with 4PC and seraphim + reducing stein on SoTR charges (with CD increase) is a buff, i get around 70% block with my current gear during seraphim.
    zug zug

Again, you are going to have less uptime on seraphim and less uptime on the 4pc buff (unless you waste SotR charges). How is this a buff?
    copied from discord.

Sera changes - LATEST 7.3 PTR BUILD (Summarised posts by @blueprint21 ):
    With the change of the CD from 30s to 45s it will give you less SoTRs spent over an encounter length leading to a NET SoTR gain.
    Sera as a CD was already pretty dumb so you can't say you didn't see it coming.
    With this in combination with the additional 8% dmg gain (from 4% dmg buff to 12% dmg buff), its a overall DPS gain, and overall more survivability (for a seraphim build).

Additional information

In combination with the 4p when using Seraphim you will not be in the SoTR, therefore the bonus block gained from mastery + crit + 20% from 4p will actually give you a very large amount of block leading you to not "need" SoTR in this period. On my paladin on live in current gear this will be in the realms of 67% block, and with some gear inflation potentially 70%.
    zug zug

So btw the change to make it give 1k stats is only wowhead datamining bug or...?

"Seraphim The Light temporarily magnifies your power, increasing your Haste, Critical Strike, Mastery, and Versatility by 1000.
    Consumes up to 2 charges of Shield of the Righteous, and lasts 8 sec per charge.
    Cooldown changed from 30 sec cooldown to 45 sec cooldown"

http://www.wowhead.com/news=269075/p...rds-new-glyphs