Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Please, just go ahead and read the responses in the thread i linked, it should clear some things up for you.

There's no need to, I already know that I have FPS gains in large games thanks to having an ssd, I have seen it with my own two eyes, you are the one who seems to have a problem. When the game stutters due to your hard drive being unable to push out textures fast enough, you are losing frames, end of story.

Again, you are still confused sir. Stabilizing frames=/= equal higher fps (which is what you are claiming). Yes its possible to minimize stutter in an MMO while loading due to the SSD, but that is not the same thing as what you are claiming to be happening on your system (you claimed a flat 15 fps increase, which isnt possible).

What you are claiming is akin to saying changing your windshield wipers will give your car more horsepower. Lets be clear here, SSD's are great and i highly recommend them for MMO's, but they dont actually increase your FPS.

Back on topic, i wonder if the OP checked out the mini-itx cases i linked, i am debating building my next rig in a tiny case cause...well they are just cool

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Letemburn View Post
    There's no need to, I already know that I have FPS gains in large games thanks to having an ssd, I have seen it with my own two eyes, you are the one who seems to have a problem. When the game stutters due to your hard drive being unable to push out textures fast enough, you are losing frames, end of story.
    I call bullshit on 15 fps due to SSD. I have 32GB ram and all games on HDD, i got 0 more FPS when i tried moving games to system SSD. So they stay at my HDD for now. Faster loading? Check! More fps? Nope.

Thanks for the responses. Remilia, I definitely like the U2414H as I prefer the picture quality of ips monitors and the thin bezel is nice.

I made a few changes to my list and I'm looking for helpful input! The budget is $2000, but I am not against saving money if I'm only chopping off overkill performance that I don't necessarily need. Do you think I chopped off too much? Too little?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($214.29 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($129.99 @ NCIX US)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($75.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($109.97 @ SuperBiiz)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($53.67 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card ($254.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Cooler Master N600 Windowed ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Thermaltake SMART 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ OutletPC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
    Monitor: Acer H236HLbid 60Hz 23.0" Monitor ($139.99 @ Best Buy)
    Keyboard: Keycool 84 Wired Mini Keyboard ($119.00 @ Mechanical Keyboards)
    Mouse: Mionix NAOS 8200 Wired Laser Mouse ($83.00 @ Amazon)
    Headphones: Corsair Vengeance 2100 7.1 Channel Headset ($89.60 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1506.41
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-13 20:24 EST-0500

edit: 999th post!
    Last edited by reef; 2014-11-14 at 01:27 AM.

Deleted
    As others suggested on some things, what i would reckon from your build above:

- Get the i7 4790k as the others said, if you are looking to do a little more than just gaming since budget permits. If you don't think its worth the extra 100bucks the i5 overlocked will do the job.
    - Western digital hdd instead of seagate for more reliability.
    - The R9 290 at that price is a good deal, but 970 is the thing to go right now, newer card, has all the cookies.
    - Get a good psu not the one you got. DONT cheap out on psu, its the most important part of the rig.
    - The Dell P2414h/U2414h monitors are very good. Got the U one myself, its worth its money.

So if i were to edit your build above, to keep the good stuff and change the rest and try to save where i can:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($214.29 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 87.0 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($129.99 @ NCIX US)
    Memory: Patriot Viper 3 Low Profile Red 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($72.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($109.97 @ SuperBiiz)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card ($348.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Fractal Design FD-CA-CORE-3500-BL-W ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($61.20 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ OutletPC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($99.98 @ OutletPC)
    Monitor: Dell P2414H 60Hz 23.8" Monitor ($219.99 @ B&H)
    Keyboard: Keycool 84 Wired Mini Keyboard ($119.00 @ Mechanical Keyboards)
    Mouse: Mionix NAOS 8200 Wired Laser Mouse ($83.00 @ Amazon)
    Headphones: Corsair Vengeance 2100 7.1 Channel Headset ($89.60 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1724.95
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-14 03:35 EST-0500
    Last edited by mmoc73263b3bd5; 2014-11-14 at 09:19 AM. Reason: spelling

10+ Year Old Account
    You can wait for Ducky Shine 4 (keyboard) to come out in the west. Got one for my brother and it's great.

Thanks guys, and thanks Kostattoo, that was really helpful info and suggestions!

Now the only thing holding me from making a purchase at this point is the fact that Black Friday and Cyber Monday are only two weeks away. I've never shopped around for computer parts, let alone on two of the largest shopping/sale days in the country, so I have no idea if there are typically any good deals worth waiting for. To wait, or not to wait?

Also, post #1000! 3.5 years in the making!
    Last edited by reef; 2014-11-15 at 04:16 AM. Reason: Spelling!

10+ Year Old Account
    You could daily (probably a bit too time consuming?) check part pieces.

Black Friday and Cyber Monday are big -maybes-. Sites like Amazon like to do gigantic fake price slashes. So something might show as $600 $200, when it normally already retails at $200 at that point. So it's good to cross reference different sites. Pcpartpicker does a pretty good job at it usually.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Snip
    So I've been checking the price of this list since black friday. it dropped down to $1600 at one point. I figured today would be the best day considering it's cyber monday, but the price is back up to over $1700. very interesting.

Could anyone suggest a cyber monday build with similar performance? I'm sure there are deals going on right now, right? (Don't worry about peripherals).

Alright, so I'm completely new to this still and trying to gather some more information before I make any purchases. Bear with me here!

Is it worth buying from Cyberpowerpc? I noticed they don't have a very large selection, but I was wondering if the benefits outweigh this. Everything is bought all at once and comes shipped all at once, a single shipping fee, build warranty. If not, I'm perfectly fine with buying from pcpartpicker.

A lot of parts on pcpartpicker are confusing where the parts have very similar names and I'm not sure if it's worth spending more money. For example, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 vs Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming G1, or Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT.

How do I know if the default case fans are enough to keep my system cool? Everything on the part list is all I need? I don't need any special thermal paste or grounding straps to build it? It will be buildable and ready to go when I order the parts with nothing else needed (except tools of course)?

I'd like to redo my budget as close to $1500 as possible with the same keyboard and mouse that I have listed. I'd also like to get the dell U2414H.

As you can probably tell, I'm nervous about buying as both Black Friday and Cyber Monday came and went and I'm still looking. I have no experience with this and would love to have an explanation about why each part was chosen above others and why I should buy it.

Thanks for bearing with me!
    Last edited by reef; 2014-12-03 at 12:56 AM.

Is it worth buying from Cyberpower? Bluntly, no. Even if you were dead set against assembling everything yourself a local PC repair shop will do your build for the same cost or less, and you get a better deal on every component (either in terms of price or quality).

How do I know if the default case fans are enough to keep my system cool? Everything on the part list is all I need? I don't need any special thermal paste or grounding straps to build it? It will be buildable and ready to go when I order the parts with nothing else needed (except tools of course)?
    Everything is accounted for on the list. The case fans may not be enough to keep your system cool if you choose to OC, so he included a cooler.

As you can probably tell, I'm nervous about buying as both Black Friday and Cyber Monday came and went and I'm still looking.
    I went around and around with my build for about a month, then fretted for another week as to whether I had picked the right components after building, then said hell with budgets and swapped out my GPU. Now I am ecstatic with my system. I understand there's a moment of hesitation when you go to swipe your credit card, or fill in the info, or however you pay for stuff, but it's worth it.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Thanks Jimson for answering some of my questions!

Now just looking for a little more help with a $1500 budget build and a little info about why the parts were picked. Keeping the chosen mouse, keyboard, and the dell U2414H. Everything else can be changed up!