Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Stealth. Long overdue (10 years?) needed to be fixed

So, don't know why it hasn't been done away with, but why after all of these years hasn't the issue of classes being able to sit permanently in stealth been addressed?

Rogues should only be going into stealth for short temporary bursts to set up openers, and be spending the rest of the fight out in the open. Even druids, stealthing in to grab flags is just bad design, but at least their model of fighting out in the open after that point is consistent.

Why is this an issue? Mostly quality of life problems. No one likes getting stunlocked out and losing a winning fight when they could never have seen it coming. And no one likes pvping in the open world, with no way to get back at a player without fighting strictly on their terms. It creates an environment from a design standpoint, that a class like the rogue lives and dies by the stealth mechanic. Meaning that they have to run and stealth for assistance, and if at any point they do not, then they are overpowered by design.

Long overdue to be fixed. No more perma-stealth.

I dont support this post....at all. Not the thoughts expressed here or the topic or anything in this post. Please step outside and take a break from the game.

time for another,"Show me where the bad rogue touched you." thread?

Oh...that's right...

new xpac.

Your "argument" isn't new,unique or original.

Rogues, no stealth?

Ok,

No plate for anyone.
    No mail for anyone.
    No stuns for anyone.
    No roots for anyone.
    No dots
    Everyone has = range.

Boring right?

Learn to anti rogue, a rogue out of stealth is squishy and fairly easy to kite....ish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danur View Post
    So, don't know why it hasn't been done away with, but why after all of these years hasn't the issue of classes being able to sit permanently in stealth been addressed?

Rogues should only be going into stealth for short temporary bursts to set up openers, and be spending the rest of the fight out in the open. Even druids, stealthing in to grab flags is just bad design, but at least their model of fighting out in the open after that point is consistent.

Why is this an issue? Mostly quality of life problems. No one likes getting stunlocked out and losing a winning fight when they could never have seen it coming. And no one likes pvping in the open world, with no way to get back at a player without fighting strictly on their terms. It creates an environment from a design standpoint, that a class like the rogue lives and dies by the stealth mechanic. Meaning that they have to run and stealth for assistance, and if at any point they do not, then they are overpowered by design.

this will never happen. 10 years and it will stay for 10 more. by now you should have gotten used to this

10+ Year Old Account
    This is NOT a drill, repeat NOT a drill. You are in a virtual reality, and are perceiving a bug where none exists. Please stay calm and contact customer service. We WILL try to get you out safely.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    time for another,"Show me where the bad rogue touched you." thread?

Oh...that's right...

new xpac.

Your "argument" isn't new,unique or original.

Rogues, no stealth?

Ok,

No plate for anyone.
    No mail for anyone.
    No stuns for anyone.
    No roots for anyone.
    No dots
    Everyone has = range.

Boring right?

Learn to anti rogue, a rogue out of stealth is squishy and fairly easy to kite....ish.

Ha Ha, love it! OP must of just got his ass camped by a rogue! Every class is beatable, I guess for OP Its time to Re-Roll

Arenas have those vision thingies.

BGs, well, stealth is just part of those.

Or play a hunter and have 100 ways to pop stealth just because.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I cast flare
    rogue casts "complain on forums"

:P

Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    This is NOT a drill, repeat NOT a drill. You are in a virtual reality, and are perceiving a bug where none exists. Please stay calm and contact customer service. We WILL try to get you out safely.
    Priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    I cast flare

I cast gouge > dance > dead hunter

Is it even possible to get stunlocked right now? Only in vanilla was I able to be stunlocked from 100-0.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    You can take my stealth if Blizz takes your main offensive ability.

Stunlocking hasn't existed since Wrath.

I assume your main is a Rogue, right? Since stealth is so OP?

I'd be Ok with stealth being a 10-second duration on a 10-second cooldown if we couldn't get knocked out of it.
    jk lol :^)

P.S. Any thread about stealth must contain the word "broken". It's the law!

I played a rogue for 5 years I support the idea of removing permanent stealth from the game. In return rogues would need huge buffs to survivability though. I want a passive 10% damage reduction and more healing.

I would be absolutely fine even in love with the idea of Mutilate and combat not having anything to do with stealth anymore in return for more survivability to stand toe to toe with foes out in the open.
    Last edited by Packing an i5; 2014-11-13 at 04:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cast flare

LOL.

As a rogue though, I don't actually find flare that annoying. It can be tricky to deal with, but hardly impossible, particularly if the hunter isn't good (and so few hunters are actually good). What ticks me off are the profusion of bleeds everywhere, and seemingly infinite spinning crane kick.

Bleeds, because it makes dwarf rogues > all other rogues in too many circumstances, and spinning crane kick because it's just obnoxious, especially if glyphed.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by Danur View Post

Go play some stupid other mmo then. I hate them for not allowing perma stealth.

I cast flare

Rogue casts blind, vanish, BoS. When you can cast flare he is way outside of range and running faster than your mounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Rogue or no rogue, I don't think anyone is going to agree with this.