Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Guild Wars 2: Rise of the Conditions expansion!
    New Tengu race!
    New Ritualist Class!
    New Condition cap of 50 stacks instead of 25!
    Tengu seems likely - they're already kind of "there", as well as having a wall close to lions arch and various other places.

i wonder if they'll raise the level cap.

I would be very surprised if they raised the level cap

Anything that breaks the current gear cap will see people leave this game in a flood. They already courted enough danger when they released Ascended gear(which just brought all other equipment up to the same cap as Legendaries). They might try some more half-Ascended gear like the profession backpacks, and they might try some more Legendary slots.

More likely they'd add new skills/weapons, and traits.

"(which just brought all other equipment up to the same cap as Legendaries)"

Stop saying this, it's not true. Legendaries were of exotic quality. When asc weapons were announced a patch came and accidently bumped up legendaries to the (soon to be) max stats.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

They probably wouldn't increase the level cap without some sort of specific reason. They didn't in gw1 so why gw2?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Guys look at this:

http://i.imgur.com/8ezEHDE.jpg (made by u/that_shaman on Reddit)

Look at all that wasted potential :/

oh cantha... please come back and give us ritualists

kthx

Should probably bring back cross proffesion too, I mean sure it would be a bigger balancing act but currently there is no balance so it would make things... interesting

I want Elona, Vabbi in GW2 graphics would be so stunning. Also, Devish Paragons please. IF and only IF ANet decides to give us some form of expansion, it will probably unlock the rest of Tyria.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    They probably wouldn't increase the level cap without some sort of specific reason. They didn't in gw1 so why gw2?
    I wouldn't mind if they raised the level cap. I would prefer if they did in GW1 though. It would be really cool if you could make a character of any race, but instead they are from Cantha, Elona or some other place. They could even have unique customization that the other races from tyria don't have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Guys look at this:

This is exciting stuff - you know why that_shaman is just now posting this updated version of the map? And WHERE he got the updated version??

In the last LS episode, the one where we go to the hidden library underneath the Durmand Priory, this updated map is woven into the carpet! It's very exciting since not only is it show land masses we haven't seen before, names of places we haven't heard of before, there's also trade routes - shipping lanes that link these areas. Tons of foreshadowing here.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c..._planet_tyria/

My speculation is the at end of the current Season they will announce the expansion. (of course with all the appropriate epicness, cliffhangers and plot twists that we've come to expect)
    Valar morghulis

The only thing i'm excpecting is nothing at this point, not getting my hopes up for something uncorfirmed. I want expansions and could speculate for days about it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Guys look at this:

It's funny to look at that map and see what we started with and what little zones opened up in over 2 years time. I don't imagine we will ever see much of the map make it into the game. Over 7 years in development and only 5% of the map is available.

When i first heard about GW2, when it was first announced, i thought Cantha and Elona were a part of the game. I was so young and naive.

Deleted
    Awesome! Looking forward to it

This may just be me and some people from forum and reddit posts from years ago, but I'm personally hoping for samurai. I realize warrior with 2h is pretty close in some peoples' minds but I don't think it would be. Samurai could have abilities like one powerful focused slash, lunge through/past enemies gashing them on the way past and maybe be able to dual wield. Two new weapons, katana and dai katana. One is a 2h and one is a 1h capable of being dual wielded.

That's just my fantasy... I can't really commit to anything in the game. I want to use melee weapons but I find the warrior too shallow for some reason (can't place my finger on it) and the guardian seems right up my alley. Blue fire? Protects allies? Magical shields? Sends out blue slash visuals with attacks? Awesome. Except that I feel there's just too much build up to my attacks, I have to lay down fire fields to be truly effective... then there's that damn chain Binding Blade that seems underwhelming and just adds another step between me laying fire and actually attacking. I just feel like the warrior is too berserk and a samurai would be more precise without having to lay down fire fields before opening up their main attacks.

Samurai would be a cross between assassin and warrior imo.

Like a bulkier theif that doesn't rely on stealth clutch.

Thank [deity].
    GW2 can't function in a way I'd like it to without expansions every couple of years.

- - - Updated - - -

Like a bulkier theif that doesn't rely on stealth clutch.
    So a skilless thief

Or exactly like a Warrior/Assassin in Guild Wars 1. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Or exactly like a Warrior/Assassin in Guild Wars 1. =)
    I c wut you did there

I was thinking more of a Spirit Warrior, a Heavy Armor Ritualist sort of character, like an Ancestral Guard for the Canthan Emperor. Besides weapon skills, have an Ancestor mechanic which switches to a different bar on a timer and changes the skills based on which you have equipped, possibly even slotted in your other bar positions. Probably limit weapon selection to Staff, Greatsword and maybe 1H Sword. Other skills would include summoning up spirits(perhaps limited to Ancestor mode)and possibly certain bundle/Ashes abilities.