Deleted

[Resto] WoD Trinkets

Updated to reflect the recent hotfixes to trinkets.

I've compiled a list of generic healer trinkets available this tier. This is my first time doing this so apologies for any errors, and I'm open to criticism on how it could be improved.

Some notes before reading:
    -I have only included trinkets with mana regen on them. This is due to the fact I assume DPS players in guilds will take priority on any non spirit trinkets, as well as the fact we're going to be very mana thirsty in the first tier.

-Trinkets have been ranked on their average spirit value. This solely does NOT reflect how strong the trinket actually is, it was just the only way other than item level of ranking them. If you are not a druid, you'll need to use your stat priority to determine how strong each one is. For resto druids, our stat priority is roughly Int -> Spirit -> Mastery -> Haste -> Multistrike -> Crit -> Versatility.

-Random proc trinkets include their duration next to their stats (all listed are RPPM this tier) and the on use trinkets have their duration and cooldown listed next to their stats.

-Due to the way the healing model has changed, I think there will be a lot of value in lining up healing cooldowns with on use trinkets, especially as the on-use trinkets seem to have a higher average of stats than the static stat trinkets. Random proc throughput trinkets I think will in general be stronger than they were last expansion, as now there is always healing required, however I'm still not a fan of them and personally avoid them where possible.

I hope this helps!
    /Nightrise
    Last edited by mmocfe5ff9bb25; 2014-12-02 at 11:58 PM.

I've done something similar as well, you can check it out via the links below. Interesting to compare the results.

Pre-Raid Trinkets (Dungeons, Craftables, Etc): http://bit.ly/1xL3d5T
    T17 Raid Trinkets: http://bit.ly/1wRUIHU
    Twitter

RIP Summon Stone - Resto Druid Guide Relocated to Wowhead!

Deleted

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some notes before reading:
    -I have only included trinkets with mana regen on them.
    Theres no regen on that trinket, still worth using until you get a better trink tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Theres no regen on that trinket, still worth using until you get a better trink tough.
    That's...not entirely accurate.

There's mana regen; just not in the form of Spirit.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    That's...not entirely accurate.

There's mana regen; just not in the form of Spirit.
    Unfortunately I can't think of a good way to average it as the 'spirit' can only be convereted from mp5, which will vary with fight length, so left it off there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightrisee View Post
    Unfortunately I can't think of a good way to average it as the 'spirit' can only be convereted from mp5, which will vary with fight length, so left it off there.
    Could just do an average gain during a 5min and 10min fight. Most encounters fall within that range, and it would show top end mana gains (more mana, relevant to the length at 5min) and low end (less mana, relevant to fight length at 10min). /shrug

It wouldn't be as "accurate" as the other trinket listings, but to say it has "no mana regen" was the point I was contesting, not necessarily you not including it.
    Last edited by Anastacy; 2014-11-16 at 03:08 AM.

Deleted
    I got Leaf of the Ancient Protectors and it seems to proc only from your attacks, despite clearly being a healer trinket. What's up with that? I tested it and heals don't make it proc while Moonfire and other nukes will.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishoj View Post
    I got Leaf of the Ancient Protectors and it seems to proc only from your attacks, despite clearly being a healer trinket. What's up with that? I tested it and heals don't make it proc while Moonfire and other nukes will.
    Just macro Moonfire to all of your heals.

Kidding...kidding. I've found that even in bad Pugs (squishie tanks, DPS not interrupting/moving out of fire), I can press Moonfire every so often (as I currently have similar trinkets). I use a macro that casts Moonfire on my enemy target or the target of my target if I'm targeting a friendly.

Who knows if they'll ever fix it. Are any raid drop trinkets like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    Who knows if they'll ever fix it. Are any raid drop trinkets like this?
    Yeah, the DMC is: Winged Hourglass

However, commenters on wowhead claim that it works on healing. Guess we'll see once the Faire has arrived.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The DMF was bugged, only procced on attacks...was fixed as of yesterday (with the nerf) and now procs on heals.......and mounting up...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    The DMF was bugged, only procced on attacks...was fixed as of yesterday (with the nerf) and now procs on heals.......and mounting up...
    This is correct aswell as it now being 117 Int down from 175 Int at stage 1.

Deleted
    There's been a biiiiiiiiig set of changes to trinkets. I've tried to account for all of them and updated the table. It's definitely worth giving a re-read, many of the values were significantly changed.

Quote Originally Posted by dendrophobia View Post
    what about the alchemy trinket?
    I did some quick math. On average, it provides an extra 13k mana per fight. This is based on a 40% boost of a 34k average mana pot. In a 5 minute fight, this equates to about 217mp5 or 105 spirit based on 1 spirit = 2.061mp5 from a post on Hamlet's blog (Healing Theory: Spirit–Past, Present, and Future)

Of course, that is for a 5 minute fight. It is more valuable than this on shorter fights and less valuable on longer fights. With a little more time you can easily get an idea of how this scales based on the numbers given here.

Deleted
    Updated for yet ANOTHER round of healing trinket changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightrisee View Post
    Updated for yet ANOTHER round of healing trinket changes.
    Hmm still cant see the pic on the first post...

Quote Originally Posted by Blades2004 View Post
    Hmm still cant see the pic on the first post...
    Maybe if you go to the image site directly

http://i.gyazo.com/abd507004962b1db391537744f1f63cc.png