Disenchanting Draenor

So when do epics stop giving Sha Crystals and start giving Draenor mats?

So far every "rolled" or dropped epic I've DEd in the first two zones has given me a Sha Crystal, even though all the blues & greens give me the respective Draenor mats.

Deleted
    Draenor gear has fairly high vendor sell prices.

It's more profitable to vendor those greens and blues ALREADY. On a freaking LAUNCH DAY.

Dust is about 5g ea, shards 30g ea on silvermoon.

Not enough to supply my work orders on the AH yet.

I'm mainly concerned with banking temporal crystals ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post

It's more profitable to vendor those greens and blues ALREADY. On a freaking LAUNCH DAY.

I might be wrong but with everyone who has a enchant building being able to disenchant greens and blues, it is kinda expected to have an impact on the market i.e. lower prices.

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    So when do epics stop giving Sha Crystals and start giving Draenor mats?

So far every "rolled" or dropped epic I've DEd in the first two zones has given me a Sha Crystal, even though all the blues & greens give me the respective Draenor mats.
    Yes this needs to be changed. Else every epic upgrade means your Item is now suddenly worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by merli View Post
    Yes this needs to be changed. Else every epic upgrade means your Item is now suddenly worthless.
    This.
    Would be better to have greens that rolled epic upgrade disenchant as greens than disenchant as previous expansion trash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

That is typical though. It usually takes about 3-5 days for the market to start kicking in, as people are quickly leveling up and more focused on that that trade skills.

Also the amount of people who need enchants right now is tiny compared to the amount of people generating materials. Once a larger percent of the population start acquiring more 630 gear and the raid approaches the number of sales will increase. Likewise, the amount of materials generated via questing and levelling in general slows down the prices will rise.

TLDR No one needs enchants and everyone has materials.

Deleted
    So should you be buying up large volumes hoping for a 25-50% rise over the coming weeks

The Sha Crystal thing is really dumb, and I honestly hope it's just a bug. I've done it twice now, just because I figured the first one was some kind of fluke. I'd much rather just have gotten the original Draenic Dust or Luminous Shard (depending on what quality the item is by default). I'm just going to vendor any epics I get from now on. Although I think I'm at the point where I'll finally start getting upgrades.

Deleted
    Do enchanters get more materials disenchanting Draenor items than non-enchanters do from their enchanting building?

In past expansions, I sent my BoE greens etc to my enchanter to DE but am not sure it is still worth doing that.

I read something from the beta that suggested it was, but also some discussion that maybe that was changed.

Pretty sure lvl100 epics will give draenor crystals. Crystals are meant to be rare-ish, not to be farmed at lower levels.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Just hold on to your mats, I've seen it with the last 3expansions, in the first hour or two, mats normally go insanely expensive, as people race to get their proffs levelled first, then for a few days the prices hit rock bottom, as loads more people are farming, and hardly any one is smart enough to wait for a while lol, so prices get driven down, Just give it a week, You'll get your gold

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Pretty sure lvl100 epics will give draenor crystals. Crystals are meant to be rare-ish, not to be farmed at lower levels.
    The epics could at least give fragments rather than Sha Crystals

I can't remember where I read it, but it said ilvl600+ epics give the WoD Crystals