10+ Year Old Account

Control Undead idea

Since Control Undead pretty much only works in parts of vanilla and WotLK and thus pretty gimmicky, wouldn't it be cool if it was given a CD and made workable on any (non-boss) dead humanoid mob?

Kill an Ogre in WoD, use CU on it, it would get up and become your pet for X seconds. Ability will have a Y CD and possibly cost resources.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Yes please! A Brilliant idea!

Deleted
    infact sounds awesome. dont want ot be cliche or anything, but could make it like hunters tame pet ability hehe so we can choose our pets.. sounds good to me haha

Deleted
    An idea which has been around as long as the spell.

This is what Raise Dead used to be. Well, sort of. You tergetted a corpse, cast Raise Dead, and got a Ghoul. Later you got Corpse Dust to use when you had no corpses, and eventually they removed the cost entirely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieEater View Post
    Later you got Corpse Dust to use when you had no corpses, and eventually they removed the cost entirely.
    Then they removed it from everything but Unholy because we aren't allowed to have fun

But yeah, I don't think Blizzard really want to continue to see the spell get much use and I wouldn't be surprised if it's removed in the next expansion or in one of the content patches.

I'm all for it! Especially if you can use it on a horde toon and make it self immolate. 'Pour the contents of this can on yourself, good. Now, strike the match.' -whoosh-

10+ Year Old Account
    I just find it weird that they wanted to get rid of all bloated spells that are unneeded for WoD and they left in this ability that is pretty much only usable in 1 expansion (WotLK) out of the whole game. An expansion that 99.9% of us aren't even playing in any more.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I enjoyed the heck out of it even for the two dungeons I could use it in in MoP. Scholomance and that one wing in Scarlet.

What really torqued me was being in that one new WoD dungeon where there were undead spirits all over the place, and I couldn't use it ><

But isn't it (Lore wise) that only the Lich King / Valks can actually raise undead versions from corpses? Dk's can just raise regular ghouls etc

Deleted
    If I remember correctly, dk ult in W3 wasnt raising ghouls but former units, as temporary undead that is.

Ps: I would be so happy to take away my gnome scientist from icc and get that sweat 100% buff everywhere, but that won't be happening ^^
    Last edited by mmocf5bfdba5ec; 2014-11-27 at 04:35 AM.

It would be sweet if we could use it on Pale Orcs. They're close enough to undeath, right?

I would welcome the idea but doubt Blizzard would agree since it's fun.

Are there any mobs Control Undead works on in WoD Dungeons?