First time build, what do you think?

I am not looking to spend much more than what I already have here, because this is already pushing my budget a little, but I am curious to see what people think of this.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor ($69.99 @ Canada Computers)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($77.95 @ Vuugo)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($77.98 @ DirectCanada)
    Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($79.99 @ Canada Computers)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB DirectCU II Video Card ($209.99 @ NCIX)
    Case: Antec NSK4100 ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ NCIX)
    Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($42.99 @ NCIX)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Canada Computers)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit) ($108.34 @ TigerDirect Canada)
    Total: $724.21
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-13 16:25 EST-0500

I've included the OS in this price list because it's a significant consideration- I already have peripherals so that's not a concern as far as how much I'm spending. I'm new to this, and I'm not looking to overclock anything. My main desires are these:

1) Get parts that won't need replaced/upgraded for at least 3-4 years.
    2) Be able to run modern games with at least some modicum of speed/decent graphics.

For #2, considering I've been playing on a 6 and a half year old laptop with only 2GB of RAM, I'm sure the leap of improvement this computer build will have will stagger my mind. I don't need to play everything on Ultra... I'm just tired of having to play even WoW on low graphics!

My main concern with this build is the power supply. Is it good enough? What would be a better option?

I also know jack squat about 64bit versus 32bit OS's.

Deleted
    32bit o/s will cap your ram at 4gb (slightly less) even tho you might have 16. I don't even know why they get 32bit versions out anymore.

- Some of the offers are already over.
    - I see no aftermarket cooler, you already have one? G3258 is famous cause of its awesome overclocking ability not at stock.
    - Change storage to wd blue instead of black to save some money.
    - I would get a better power supply, either this xfx 550w or if you wanna go cheaper i would get this antec 400w but forget gpu overclocks and the like.
    - With the xfx psu and an aftermarket cooler this would bring at 750-800 bucks which is probably close to a i3 4160/B85 setup. If you won't overlock that pentium then the later is definately going to be alot better and last you longer.

Good to know about the 32 vs. 64 bit! Thanks.

The parts picker is sending me to different sites for the cheaper places now, so I'm not concerned about the offers.

Also, as I mentioned in the original post, I'm not interested in overclocking at this time, so I did not see a need for an aftermarket cooler.

The xfx PSU you tried to link was a repeat link of the Antec... but the Antec didn't have particularly favorable reviews on Newegg. I don't mind spending more on the power supply- I'd rather have something that won't crap itself.

I picked the black storage over the blue because of the reviews that described black as lasting a lot longer- and the 5 year warranty was a plus.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to save some money you could get a 270 for cheaper and still need to upgrade around the same time as the 760.
    http://www.ncixus.com/products/?sku=...X&promoid=1091 this one is a good deal I think but if your anti amd then stick with the 760 or if you don't like XFX (I have had my XFX for 3 years with no problems) you can get a ASUS version for an even better price .