Thread: U-kippers.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    A source from 2-3 years ago isn't a source for what is or isn't his personal policy now, years later. I'm not even a UKIP voter, I just think this is a bit of a redundant issue.
    You recognize that politicians say one thing to the general public and another when they think they're not being recorded; Farage is caught on camera exemplifying this duplicity yet we're supposed to believe that he's changed his opinion in a paltry 2-3 years? That he's -now- suddenly credible and sincere? That an ideological belief like the market can deliver better healthcare than a nationalised service can be easily changed within a few years is rather ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    You recognize that politicians say one thing to the general public and another when they think they're not being recorded; Farage is caught on camera exemplifying this duplicity yet we're supposed to believe that he's changed his opinion in a paltry 2-3 years? That he's -now- suddenly credible and sincere? That an ideological belief like the market can deliver better healthcare than a nationalised service can be easily changed within a few years is rather ridiculous.
    He's not credible and sincere. That's what I'm arguing.

You're making the assumption that he's lying now, how do we know he wasn't just lying when he was making the speech to the conference those years back? (even without video he could assume that someone would have told other people something, so it's not like he was revealing his secret plan.)

We don't know when politicians are lying, or when they're changing their mind for convenience or anything - So arguing about his supposed duplicity is just redundant, especially when all the other party leaders are just as bad.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    We don't know when politicians are lying, or when they're changing their mind for convenience or anything - So arguing about his supposed duplicity is just redundant, especially when all the other party leaders are just as bad.
    It's not really redundant when one of his main selling points is that he's "not like other politicians" and that he's "anti-establishment". Other party leaders' attempts to come across as regular people are doomed from the get-go because they are so clearly entrenched in the establishment and benefit from the status-quo that no one takes it seriously in the first place. People are taking Farage's claims seriously however and this not only shows that he's just as duplicitous as everyone else but that his supporters are oblivious to the fact and are supporting someone who is the exact opposite of what they claim to want. That's why I made the thread and asked those specific questions in the OP; how do UKIP supporters rationalize such irrational behaviour.

Deleted
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014...tml?1416384939

in a statement eerily similar to one made by a certain person in 1933 the UKIP candidate Mark Reckless has said in an EU free Britain migrants here should be made to leave.

Even UKIP has had to disown the statement....but they still keep the candidate....If its a view that a frontline candidate of a party holds, who will be one of only 2 UKIP MEPS (assuming polls are right) in the house of commons and who can vote, then its pretty much party policy no matter what the unelected part of the party say!

Cant be arse to quote, but that person above who says Farage hardly ever interrupts.....lol, you have never seen him speak at a debate then. the man is rude and obnoxious and constantly trys to shout people down, he thinks he can bully his way past actually having to say anything meaningful. And suckers like you fall for it.

I have a question to those who have an anti-EU stance due to immigrants:

Let's say the UK does leave the EU... What would you do to those already living here?

There are hundreds of thousands of Europeans who have been living in the UK for many, many years. People who have their job, friends, hobbies, heck most likely even a spouse/kids here. People who have been almost completely disconnected from their 'home' countries because they haven't lived there for so long.

Would you tell them to leave?
    Would you draw an arbitrary line like "if you've been here for X years you can stay" ?
    Would you only kick out the ones currently unemployed? (who could very much be former contributors to the economy but are currently between jobs)

No matter what your answer is, it's going to raise a lot of human rights issues. It's a very supersize can of worms that is about to be opened up.

Also: what would you do with all the Britons currently living abroad (in other EU countries)?

I honestly want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    Cant be arse to quote, but that person above who says Farage hardly ever interrupts.....lol, you have never seen him speak at a debate then. the man is rude and obnoxious and constantly trys to shout people down, he thinks he can bully his way past actually having to say anything meaningful. And suckers like you fall for it.
    Maybe its because my only reference point is his debate with Nick Clegg held some months ago, but he appeared to debate with a good degree of civility.

Then again, maybe its because UK politicians are just generally more civil people than the ones in the US or Brazil.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    I have a question to those who have an anti-EU stance due to immigrants:

Let's say the UK does leave the EU... What would you do to those already living here?

There are hundreds of thousands of Europeans who have been living in the UK for many, many years. People who have their job, friends, hobbies, heck most likely even a spouse/kids here. People who have been almost completely disconnected from their 'home' countries because they haven't lived there for so long.

Would you tell them to leave?
    Would you draw an arbitrary line like "if you've been here for X years you can stay" ?
    Would you only kick out the ones currently unemployed? (who could very much be former contributors to the economy but are currently between jobs)

No matter what your answer is, it's going to raise a lot of human rights issues. It's a very supersize can of worms that is about to be opened up.

Also: what would you do with all the Britons currently living abroad (in other EU countries)?

I honestly want to know.
    I dont support UKIP, but i am against overpopulation.

So i would like policies put in place to discourage that.

In terms of immigration, i believe any immigrant looking to permanently live in another country should only be allowed to do so if they plan to speak that country's language, bring economic worth and integrate into that country's society. Minor exceptions can be made in certain circumstances, but for the majority, those basic rules.

Existing immigrants will have the same rules applied to them, and bar special circumstances, if they dont make effort, then deportation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmomaths View Post
    I dont support UKIP, but i am against overpopulation.

So i would like policies put in place to discourage that.

In terms of immigration, i believe any immigrant looking to permanently live in another country should only be allowed to do so if they plan to speak that country's language, bring economic worth and integrate into that country's society. Minor exceptions can be made in certain circumstances, but for the majority, those basic rules.

Existing immigrants will have the same rules applied to them, and bar special circumstances, if they dont make effort, then deportation.
    Unless you live in the centre of London, you are not experiencing over population.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Unless you live in the centre of London, you are not experiencing over population.
    Please explain your process of measurement.

I want logical equations or your sentence is utterly void of all meaning and worth.

Going down to vote tomorrow morning at 7am.

Will be very happy when this election is over to be fair, Rochester high street is normally pretty busy with all the vistors coming to check out Dickens/catherdral/castle/ruins etc but now with all the of news crews and campaginers its turning into a bit of a nightmare.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaskra View Post
    Maybe its because my only reference point is his debate with Nick Clegg held some months ago, but he appeared to debate with a good degree of civility.

Then again, maybe its because UK politicians are just generally more civil people than the ones in the US or Brazil.
    he was relatively well behaved in that (believe me that was a rarity), but he again said fuck all, he woudl not answer questions.

If you listened to the content, Clegg won hands down. if you asked who's prejudices did he pander to....then yeah, Farage comes off as teh winner.....but if a debate is there to inform and question as opposed to just play to the crowd and parrot cliche, then farage failed hard.

Now I hate clegg, will never forgive the useless cretin of a man, but he actually did well in that debate, calm, measured, balanced, answering questions....but becase what he said was correct, but not popular....he comes across as winning!

I'd rather hear accurate information, even if I disagree with the position of the person giving it, than bullshit. that way i can make my own mind up, but Farage never ever answers questions