You tube subscribe

Ad-free music and music videos starting at $7.99 a month.

After spending months on revisions, YouTube confirmed today that it will launch a paid subscription service that lets users stream high-quality, ad-free music and music videos. The service, which launches next week in invite-only beta, is to be called YouTube Music Key. "Artists and fans have made YouTube the biggest music service in the world," says Christophe Muller, YouTube’s director of global music partnerships. "We want to continue to make YouTube the best place for artists and fans to connect." http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/12/7...iption-service

Think it's worth 8 bucks?

10+ Year Old Account
    adblock..

/10char

It'll make me double down on spotify. If I'm paying for quality, why settle for the service that doesn't even accurately read or predict my tastes? Cue youtube turning into one big vlog.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Youtubers have made youtube the biggest music service in the world, so we the greedy bastard corporation that we are intend to bleed from these people as much as we can from a service they relied on as free, or we're bombard them with adverts"
    #boycottchina

The ads aren't a huge inconvenience and I block what I can anyway. And if you're really THAT into music, there are far better options out there than YouTube.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    It'll make me double down on spotify. If I'm paying for quality, why settle for the service that doesn't even accurately read or predict my tastes? Cue youtube turning into one big vlog.
    I use spotify, but the one thing I don't like about it is that I can not un thumbs things down, or check my list, pretty stupid. Besides that and it not thinking that I am not online, I love the service.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    As it is, Youtube is a horrible music player for many reasons. If they somehow make it more like Spotify with better cross-platform functions, play without video, playlist management etc. it could be better than Spotify if they still allowed everyone to upload. There are a lot of stuff on Youtube that would not be there if it was left to artists themselves to put it up. Will see how it turns out, not high hopes though.

Watch music uploads be removed en mass from the free section as they try to push people to the premium version.
    Last edited by Revi; 2014-11-14 at 12:02 AM.

Deleted
    maybe if they add propereasy playlist support, basic music features like repeat/shuffle, and get a option for music only without the video. AKA the same as other services but the videos as a bonus, they would have something.