Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Backsmack View Post
    LizardSquad has been smacking every game upon release and stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if they were doing it again. Just the way things go, I guess. Though if it isn't Lizard Squad, then it is some other group being general jerks.
    Given the chance, assholes with take the opportunity to be MAJOR assholes. And if they can screw with a big expansion launch....they will!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Micfeind View Post
    They claim DDOS, but is it really ok to say DDOS when it your player base trying to connect?
    What else it is? We can talk about that it is intended behavior and not an assault, but the server lines did not handle the amounts... that is DDoS like from textbook. Also... one does not simply increase server capacities. Even if they bought an extra computing server(s) for launch, the optical line to their data center is limited.

"We encountered a few issues." HAH.

Quote Originally Posted by drinoff View Post

This .
    U Suck.
    There is No...and i mean it.. NO Excuse. Cant Be.
    I wish people would stop linking that train wreck as if he's some righteous banner waver. He loses his cool over a game like an unstable child and literally starts screaming in rage. Yes, it sucks, but grow the fuck up. Things happen.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irgoodatstuff View Post
    You understand how you've undermined your entire argument there, right?

:^)
    I shouldve used or instead of and. My point is they never have service disruptions that last hours and days. Blizz needs to get on the ball and prepare for this kind of stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevaara View Post

If you fully understand it, why link it? It's completely irrelevant and shows absolutely nothing. If you don't know what you're talking about, shut up.
    Lol, you can tell when someone loses an argument, they instantly sink to insulting. You have no idea why I linked it because you have no idea how it works. Please, if you don't know something, at least try to learn before you start harassing people.

hating on blizzard for an mmo launch with hundreds of thousands if not millions of people all logging in at once is like hating the ocean level for rising with the tide. Nothing can be done about it.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Erewien View Post
    What else it is? We can talk about that it is intended behavior and not an assault, but the server lines did not handle the amounts... that is DDoS like from textbook. Also... one does not simply increase server capacities. Even if they bought an extra computing server(s) for launch, the optical line to their data center is limited.
    This isn't a DDoS. Notice how only the big realms are suffering? Go to any low population realm, you can level fine without lag. I know this because I've done it today to test. If it was a DDoS, not only would the big realms be suffering but every realm would be AT LEAST lagging. Hell, realms might even be down entirely. The login servers are also up but lagging. DDoSing a login server doesn't take much but for some reason, even with all the traffic of the players, it's alive. You really think it's getting DDoS'd? No.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Lol, you can tell when someone loses an argument, they instantly sink to insulting. You have no idea why I linked it because you have no idea how it works. Please, if you don't know something, at least try to learn before you start harassing people.
    I didn't insult you, I told you to shut up. I know how ipviking works, I know what data it's showing and I know where the data is coming from. In terms of Blizzard getting DDoS'd, it has 0 relevancy.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't a DDoS. Notice how only the big realms are suffering? Go to any low population realm, you can level fine without lag. I know this because I've done it today to test.
    LOL, so full of crap. I just hopped on a realm without a queue, and guess what? Same lag! Keep hating on blizzard when you have literally no idea what you are talking about though. Are you the guy from the youtube video linked earlier?
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I shouldve used or instead of and. My point is they never have service disruptions that last hours and days. Blizz needs to get on the ball and prepare for this kind of stuff
    But you also claimed they were never DDoSed in the first place. How can that, which was never tampered with, be infallible? Mysteries of life baby.

10+ Year Old Account
    why do I still have queues for KILROGG of all servers? Why do I have to sit at "RETRIEVING CHARACTER LIST" on Stormrage for ~10 minutes before it spits back "ERROR!!!". Why, the ONE TIME I managed to get through the "RETRIEVING CHARACTER LIST" did I sit at a 90% loading screen for 10 minutes only to be kicked back to the character select "RETRIEVING CHARACTER LIST" screen of death?

Surely, a DDOS is the root of all these problems. Right guys?

RIGHT?!?!?!?!?

LOL, so full of crap. I just hopped on a realm without a queue, and guess what? Same lag! Keep hating on blizzard when you have literally no idea what you are talking about though. Are you the guy from the youtube video linked earlier?
    Full of crap... keep thinking that buddy. You carry on sitting there thinking you're a networking mastermind when in actual fact, you probably don't understand half the stuff you think you do. I have no reason to justify myself to you. I'm not hating on Blizzard as a whole, I'm hating on the network engineers who once again, could not provide stable servers for a massive expansion launch. Not only have they failed to provide stable servers but the server stability is decreasing. That's bad in case you're wondering.

10+ Year Old Account
    They never once said a DDOS was the root or main cause of ANYTHING. It has been linked in this thread.

Getting mad just for the sake of being mad is cute, but its extremely bad for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Full of crap... keep thinking that buddy. You carry on sitting there thinking you're a networking mastermind when in actual fact, you probably don't understand half the stuff you think you do. I have no reason to justify myself to you. I'm not hating on Blizzard as a whole, I'm hating on the network engineers who once again, could not provide stable servers for a massive expansion launch. Not only have they failed to provide stable servers but the server stability is decreasing. That's bad in case you're wondering.
    You are completely full of it. Sorry, but you claiming they are not being ddos because "you just know man!" is bogus. You are basically flat out lying in order to try to cause trouble. Grats for that though.

They never once said a DDOS was the root or main cause of ANYTHING. It has been linked in this thread.

Getting mad just for the sake of being mad is cute, but its extremely bad for you.

- - - Updated - - -

You are completely full of it. Sorry, but you claiming they are not being ddos because "you just know man!" is bogus. You are basically flat out lying in order to try to cause trouble. Grats for that though.
    I'm really not. Seriously, if they were getting DDoS'd on top of all the player traffic, the servers would be down. Absolutely all of them would be down. You're clueless, fuck off.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really not. Seriously, if they were getting DDoS'd on top of all the player traffic, the servers would be down. Absolutely all of them would be down. You're clueless, fuck off.
    Maybe on your EU realms its working fine? But low pop realms are behaving exactly the same as the high pop one I was on. Clearly, you do not know as much as you think.

I won't resort to being incredibly rude to you like you are to me, have a nice evening.
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    I cannot log into my main which I dearly wants to level and explore Draenor with. Well.. I can log in but only for 1 second or 2! Then I get disconnected and it says I'm online in the guild roster when I am not. It is really sad and I am not the only one with this bug either... Had it for a couple of hours now. It truly sucks not even being able to log into your character...

I was expecting someone to say it but here it comes

Dear Blizzard:
    YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!

Truly yours, Illidan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisanna View Post
    I cannot log into my main which I dearly wants to level and explore Draenor with. Well.. I can log in but only for 1 second or 2! Then I get disconnected and it says I'm online in the guild roster when I am not. It is really sad and I am not the only one with this bug either... Had it for a couple of hours now. It truly sucks not even being able to log into your character...
    Well, at least you can get into the server your main is on :P I have a 5500 queue!
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, at least you can get into the server your main is on :P I have a 5500 queue!
    Lol was on a 4,000 queue myself. Sitting at 1,887 right now lol. Killing time by swimming all over the forums, defeating ignorance wherever I see it ! One can never stop the good fight.

could be possible they are DDoSd... but also possible that they did not expect the giant packet width with all the merged servers and it caused well just a denial of service.

basically the same thing... send enough packets legit or non-legit and you get a crash if not prepared... maybe they were prepared and it was a legit DDoS... or it could just be an accidental DoS er DDoS with everyone flooding together

http://map.ipviking.com/ If anyone is interested in watching. I've seen some massive jumps over towards Cali region..