Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgtar View Post
    Then you are lying. BC was utter shit, and LK was not much better.
    He's not lying.

Been playing since BC and never had a launch this bad before.
    First launch.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

No, in fact they will announce a new paid mount and the cancellation of a planned raid tier.
    And they can do that because they know that everyone will buy it, and not unsub.
    Chronomancer Club

No. This was (and is) a pretty smooth launch compared to Ahn'Qiraj, BC and LK launches. Cata and MoP were arguably worse, too.
    How cute isnt it when kids try to act like adults? Problem is, you weren't there for neither of those launches is my guess. Wotlk was close to spotless, except for some (expected) realm queues, MoP had the same non-issues, Tbc was a little more messy but nothing compareable to this, not even AQ with the constant worldserver down msg (which btw, still exists during this launch only its only one of many problems now...)

Most likely you weren't even born when AQ event took place.

There has never been a launch this problematic. Not even D3 had these many problems running for this long (now past 24 hours with no sign of stopping)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    can we expect an apology? possibly yes....
    can we demand one? Nope.
    True. Not demanding one. Just a conversation to ask if we should expect one. ;-)

an apology for what?If you expect a game of this size to work correctly day 1 you must be new here.There have been way worse exp releases it happens deal with it.

An apology for what? Other than the first hour and the 45mins-1hr spent at the ogre tower the launch was fairly smooth. I expected a few disconnects, but I still managed to finish Frostridge and get to level 92 while enjoying the experience. I had no major bugs to complain about; just about everything was a positive.

Deleted
    No. This was (and is) a pretty smooth launch compared to Ahn'Qiraj, BC and LK launches. Cata and MoP were arguably worse, too.
    AQ wasn't an expac. I wasn't around for BC, but I don't remember anything bad about Wrath. I remember that there were some problems with Cata and MoP, but nothing as bad as this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Messy launch, but I've seen worse. Right now, my main source of bummerifficness is the inflated queue times due to throttling the server cap.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    I will only accept apology if they do one like BP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    An apology for what? Other than the first hour and the 45mins-1hr spent at the ogre tower the launch was fairly smooth. I expected a few disconnects, but I still managed to finish Frostridge and get to level 92 while enjoying the experience. I had no major bugs to complain about; just about everything was a positive.
    Yeah maybe you should've played on my server. The game was unplayable until a few hours ago. I'm still 91 and in Shadowmoon, and I played the whole day.

I think there's a significant difference between being stuck in the "loot position" for hours and being stuck in a server queue for 4 hours, or one of the key quests in Frostfire Ridge being completely bugged and unable to be completed, or entire zones being so bogged down in lag you literally can't control your toon.

Worst launch. By far. Maybe some low pop servers are not getting these issues, but how much of the wow population do you think are playing on high pop servers, and are therefore being affected? I don't know anyone on Zul'jin, for example, that isn't aware of issues. That's not anecdotal.

I ail to see how peope are sying the ones before were worse. Since the worst thin was servers beeing donw for night, but i dont care aslong i could level in the morning. lag was ok too since next day it was ok. But this expansion, it's already the end of next day and still im stuck quest based.
    So imho this one is the worst sofar.

Quote Originally Posted by ujx View Post
    I've played since vanilla and have never had a launch this bad before.
    Well, this didn't take much googling to find: http://wow.joystiq.com/2007/01/17/th...d-instability/

So how much did you pay for those rose-colored glasses?

15+ Year Old Account
    Then you are lying. BC was utter shit, and LK was not much better.
    I dont remember bc being that bad...

Tell me, what sort of person values an apology as much as the people whinging for one everytime we have issues in this game? I can't see a single ounce of value in apologies since these issues are not due to one person...and the company posting one doesn't benefit me at all.

I want the game working again and if they want to give people compensation that they can actually use, I'd be all for it. Apologies be damned.

An apology? Are you serious? An apology... Jesus Christ ppl these days...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    I think there's a significant difference between being stuck in the "loot position" for hours and being stuck in a server queue for 4 hours, or one of the key quests in Frostfire Ridge being completely bugged and unable to be completed, or entire zones being so bogged down in lag you literally can't control your toon.

Worst launch. By far. Maybe some low pop servers are not getting these issues, but how much of the wow population do you think are playing on high pop servers, and are therefore being affected? I don't know anyone on Zul'jin, for example, that isn't aware of issues. That's not anecdotal.
    I play on Zul Jin, it has been a most disheartening experience..
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Why the hell should they issue and apology to us? That does absolutely nothing for game play.

No not a great launch, but what the shit does an apology do, make your nerd feelings better? Get over yourself, and your internet pixels, relax and let them fix the problems.

Don't want an apology, just want things to work, an apology would do nothing to help me feel better. "Glad they apologized, I feel so much better now about sitting in queue right now"........

Deleted
    Are you high? None of those were even close to as bad as this, even Ahn'Qiraj was better because you could still log in, you could still play. Sure, the lag reached all the way to Orgrimmar and you disconnected the moment you landed your flight path in Tanaris, but you could still play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    AQ wasn't an expac. I wasn't around for BC, but I don't remember anything bad about Wrath. I remember that there were some problems with Cata and MoP, but nothing as bad as this.
    On my server, probably the biggest problem with MoP was this first quest with the aircrafts and ships. People were stuck for like an hour or so.
    But other than that? Nothing. Server didn't go down, hardly any lag. Cata had a bit more lag, but also only on the first evening, and it never was unplayable.