Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    All those pirate treasure maps that give you vague clues based on visual markers, not explicit coordinates marked down on a map?

Yeah, those aren't different at all.
    I see you've been a pirate before and you totally would just pull a description out of your backside. Thank you for sharing your experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Locked the thread.

Please sure it in http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/2...ace-amp-Macros

- - - Updated - - -

Looked through the Interface and Macros section, wasn't able to find this one there.

I have unlocked the thread and moved it to the right section.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    I was going to hold out and find them naturally, but I've decided that the lack of flight at 100 means there's no advantage to coming back to do it later, plus I could get things that assist in levelling. I'm gonna get the addon, but only to let me know there's stuff to look for in the area I'm questing in.

All I did on the beta was search for the Vignettes and there are ones you're going to miss without the addon or an external source.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

quick question - does it track which treasures I have found *before* installing this addon?

Quote Originally Posted by hlx View Post
    quick question - does it track which treasures I have found *before* installing this addon?
    I want to say yes, it checks to see which ones you've collected.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Or you could explore on your own and not ruin the discovery? But no, why try to enjoy the game at your own pace. Just ruin it for yourself.
    You said it yourself....YOUR OWN PACE. Not everyone plays the game for the same reasons. Don't judge people because you don't enjoy the same things as them.

thanks for this.

does it have tooltips to say what they the treasures actually give?

I didn't install DraenorTreasures until I'd totally, 100% done ALL of the stuff in SMV.

Or so I thought.

There were a great deal of things I'd missed, and that I simply would never, ever have spotted on my own, unless I spent weeks (in real life time, not game time) in SMV doing nothing else but searching every pixel. Sorry, but I don't have time for that and I doubt many people do. You absolutely WILL miss some without an addon like this, and given that they offer level-appropriate items, there isn't much point coming back for them later when there is nothing to do. Might as well do it as you go.

Plus, you can actually buy treasure maps in Ashran anyway, so Blizzard clearly made some of them to be basically unfindable without a guide of some kind.

Lusitan: yes, or at least details like ilvl and type of item.

10+ Year Old Account
    Handy Notes with the Draenor plugin does the same, except it also lists where to find rares and other such things (I haven't tried Draenor Treasures, so I don't know how, or what it shows).

But yeah, I did the first run without an addon like this, but now I'm using it for my alts, since farming treasures gives sooooo much xp (Same as quests most of the time!).